Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing on Twitter at all. We retweeted and liked and tagged a LOT of YouTube / Twitter Tesla influencers and got nothing. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Oh, gee! Did you guys seriously think the sunshine pumpers and fanboys on Twitter would say or do anything to draw negative attention to Jesus Christ himself? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

But for real, those insufferable people would never dare bring anything negative to light about Elon or Tesla. It's a cult. It's serious. I'm not surprised at all.

Case in point: Tesla can't deliver any cars until q1 2022?

"OMG!!!! DEMAND IS SO HIGH!! SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER OEM IN THE HISTORY OF AUTOMOTIVE!!! DEFINITELY NOT THE PART SHORTAGES!! TESLA WOULD NEVER SUFFER FROM SOMETHING SO MORTAL!!"

Last edited:
Quite off topic but need some advice from fellow community members (will delete if people think this is not the right place) -
I have a couple of June orders for MSLR (White/Black/19" Blue/White/21"). EDDs have mostly been either blank or October on both and I'm not very hopeful of getting either of them this year. But I also have a Model 3 LR order which I received a VIN earlier but put it on hold. If I remove the hold, I'll be matched with the next car with my config but that'll mostly be EOQ Sept. Do you think I should get the M3 in Sept, and then trade it in once my MSLR becomes available? Best case though unrealistic, my MSLR order will be available in Oct while worst case I expect it next year Jan/Feb. With used car prices being high, do you think I'll be wise in going with the M3 only for a few months before trade-in? Also, I have the price locked in before the recent $500 price increase. Any advice is appreciated :)

Last edited:
Sure. As I’ve said before, it also depends on what you’re coming from. If you drove a Toyota Camry, I suppose a Tesla Model S LR would feel like an other-worldly, ridiculously fast vehicle while the MS Plaid would potentially be a little much for you. However, if your last car driven was a Porsche 911, Ferrari, Lambo, GT-R or something like that (or maybe a different EV) and you love going fast in your own sports car or sports sedan, you might be happier with the MS Plaid; you want the most bang for your buck so to speak and $130k would be a bargain considering your car is quicker than a $3m Bugatti Chiron! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

Was this sarcasm or serious?

Quite off topic but need some advice from fellow community members (will delete if people think this is not the right place) -
I have a couple of June orders for MSLR (White/Black/19" Blue/White/21"). EDDs have mostly been either blank or October on both and I'm not very hopeful of getting either of them this year. But I also have a Model 3 LR order which I received a VIN earlier but put it on hold. If I remove the hold, I'll be matched with the next car with my config but that'll mostly be EOQ Sept. Do you think I should get the M3 in Sept, and then trade it in once my MSLR becomes available? Best case though unrealistic, my MSLR order will be available in Oct while worst case I expect it next year Jan/Feb. With used car prices being high, do you think I'll be wise in going with the M3 only for a few months before trade-in? Also, I have the price locked in before the recent $500 price increase. Any advice is appreciated :)
You can push the M3 order for a few months atleast. I ended up doing that for my MYP order placed in May 2020 last year which I eventually canceled in May 2021 because I knew I was set on the MS.

How is the 70 on the windshield? Any visibility issues at night? Rainbow effects with polarized glasses? Is the heat reduction on your legs and arms noticiable? Thanks!
Also a big fan of the 70% on the windshield--glad my guy talked me into it.
What would you recommend to accomplish additional heat reduction on the roof?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The heat from the roof is mainly from the roof tint doing it’s job blocking the sun and the interior heat from the car rising. In tests, the roof already blocks 99% of all uv and IR energy. Tint the sides and the windshield with Spectra Photosync or Xpel XR Plus for the best results. These are the best films on the market. Tinting the roof is a waste of money. I’m planning on doing 70 on the windshield and 35-45 on all the other windows.

No, @Hayseed_MS drives the peasant mobile, that's why @sflgator was saying that maybe it feels fast to those common folk coming from a Toyota Camry.
Yeah, I was only merely pointing out that it’s all about perspective, depending on what vehicle you’re used to driving. To me, the 2020 MS Performance (only test driven 1 time) felt like a silent (and larger) GT-R in terms of quickness. However, both are much quicker than my Jag I-Pace EV (400HP / 512 ft-lb TQ).

The Model S Plaid is at a completely different level in terms of performance and how quick it feels. So, yes of course, it all depends on how you define β€œfast” or β€œquick” and what you’re used to driving. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Ž I wasn’t ragging on the Toyota Camry or whatever vehicle anyone drives; I was just using that as an example in terms of perspective.

I bet my 91-year-old mom would say a 2021 Toyota Camry is quite β€œfast.” She used to drive an early 2000’s Lexus ES300 so you get my point. Not sure why @Tigers finds my post funny but alrighty then, glad he’s getting a chuckle out of it. πŸ€”πŸ˜œ

Last edited:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Bro it only goes 0-60 in 2.9 seconds (minus rollout of course). You think your peasant mobile is fast?! πŸ˜‚ God, how shameful you must feel driving that slow ass piece of *sugar* around!
hahaha, yeah I feel shameful, coming from a 911 4S my LR feels very average , good job I’m not taking the LR to to the track/drag strip where the Plaid really shines and where it mostly makes sense … I’ll just continue leaving other mere mortal cars (ie most) for dead on the I95 and wave at all the Plaids and Chirons in a friendly way as they pass me… oh wait, haven’t seen any of those running around here recently… guess I’m good for a bit … friendly banter as always before south florida croc gives me a thumbs down… 😎

August to blank here as well. It seems like it's a mass blank EDD for every one of us.

I don't mind waiting to October or even December, but Tesla should give us some info on what is actually going on. Been there 3 years ago for my Model3, same *sugar*. For the 3 at least there was production hell and delivery hell, but for the S I don't know what is going on. I'll enjoy my 3 for now but I am NOT impressed by Tesla's progress on deliveries or communication with customers over the last 3 years.

I'm also checking for alternatives now. What ICE vehicle I could buy should I give up on Tesla? I'm sure I'm not alone.
I just wish they had been upfront with us all about the delivery timeframe. If I’d known in January it could have been December I would have bought a 2nd hand Taycan to blast around in. I’m a massive fan of Tesla but I’m super pissed about their comms this year, it’s plain embarrassing for them.

While I am, as you say, folicularly challenged :), the heat through the roof does not bother, so not a lot of help here. There 70 is always an option. I also expect Tesla eventually offer a mesh sunscreen.

I just wish they had been upfront with us all about the delivery timeframe. If I’d known in January it could have been December I would have bought a 2nd hand Taycan to blast around in. I’m a massive fan of Tesla but I’m super pissed about their comms this year, it’s plain embarrassing for them.
Yes, making the S obviously hasn’t gone to plan. Thankfully it’s not the only car they make.

hahaha, yeah I feel shameful, coming from a 911 4S my LR feels very average , good job I’m not taking the LR to to the track/drag strip where the Plaid really shines and where it mostly makes sense … I’ll just continue leaving other mere mortal cars (ie most) for dead on the I95 and wave at all the Plaids and Chirons in a friendly way as they pass me… oh wait, haven’t seen any of those running around here recently… guess I’m good for a bit … friendly banter as always before south florida croc gives me a thumbs down… 😎
I couldn’t care less. Still not understanding why some misinterpret things I say. Thought my last couple posts were fairly straightforward. Oh well. No worries on my end.

Sorry to ruffle some feathers; perhaps a few are a bit on edge waiting for their new MS’s these days? πŸ€”πŸ€ͺ

• Funny
Reactions: HumanInput and DLCT
Finally got it. Found lots of minor issues that need to be fixed. Some of them have been fixed right away at delivery time. Will post more later.

Attachments

• 5973A014-9DF4-4268-86D0-EBDBC8674092.jpeg
    5973A014-9DF4-4268-86D0-EBDBC8674092.jpeg
    679 KB · Views: 79
  • 9CA62357-178C-4DE8-A74D-A154E32FB6D7.jpeg
    9CA62357-178C-4DE8-A74D-A154E32FB6D7.jpeg
    547.3 KB · Views: 50
  • E300F198-FD39-4035-A972-A6871A837FBC.jpeg
    E300F198-FD39-4035-A972-A6871A837FBC.jpeg
    558 KB · Views: 54
  • A8AB1B39-F3D6-4352-9C6C-3A461596251A.jpeg
    A8AB1B39-F3D6-4352-9C6C-3A461596251A.jpeg