Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have any advice for other USAA members to get ahead of this when updating our policies? Should I avoid the web app workflow and just call USAA when I get my VIN? I was quoted about a $1200 annual increase through the website and I'm wondering if that's too high based on your experience.
I am STILL on the phone with USAA. They are really trying to solve this, but their system is still kicking back the three Model S tiers from last year. Going on 45 minutes now just helping them work through this.

LOL, they even walked through the Tesla website with me, showing them you cannot order a Model S Performance.

My key fob battery died already, and of course it's one I don't keep around, CR2330. Ordered some. Luckily phone key has been working for several weeks now but I grabbed it from the drawer yesterday to quickly open the frunk and it was stone dead.

Pretty weird, had no such issue with my 2016 P90D's key fob, though it appears to be a different design. Anyone else have this problem? I'm worried it's just going to keep draining batteries.
Only about a week owning but just checked for you, both fobs still work. I use phone key 100% of the time so the fobs stay home full time.

That could be the case. And yeah, we now know the potential of the M3's rear motor when used with a different battery and inverter. Whether Tesla would ever put those into the M3 though is the question.🙂
I don't think so, unless they did a limited run special edition, plus, I think you can't simply upgrade the drivetrain without also tackling the suspension and cooling too. It makes more business sense to uncork the LR a bit and upsell folks on that.

I do, however, think there is potential for an awesome tuner market now that folks know what the DU can really do.

Good point. We used to hang our keys by the door to the garage, but had to change once we got the X as the car and the fob kept pinging each other.
Mmm yeah it's only about 20 feet from the car and it sat in that drawer for two weeks with the car in the garage while I was on vacation. Might have to store the key fob upstairs in the dresser drawer or something

So this just happened. I got a VIN last night, and a few moments ago my EDD narrowed to a 3 day window.

View attachment 692987

Something else....

I got an insurance policy through USAA. $2100 for a full year. When they pulled up my VIN, it is listed as a Performance Model S. I tried to explain to them that it is a Long Range, but they said their data base is coming from Tesla. This means insurance companies are basing their rates on a performance model, which usually means higher rates.

The only way they can change this is if Tesla stops calling it the Performance Model S in their database. It looks like someone's oversight at Tesla is going to cost a lot of customers money on insurance.

I understand that the LR is faster than most performance cars, so please skip the responses about that. The insurance companies only know terms. If it was not listed as a performance vehicle, they would treat it accordingly, regardless of specs.
Congrats on your shrinking ED ;)

In all seriousness, you have been yanked around enough. Glad it is finally happening for you.

I don't think so, unless they did a limited run special edition, plus, I think you can't simply upgrade the drivetrain without also tackling the suspension and cooling too. It makes more business sense to uncork the LR a bit and upsell folks on that.

I do, however, think there is potential for an awesome tuner market now that folks know what the DU can really do.
Exactly! I HIGHLY doubt that Tesla would ever put that much power in the M3. Maybe a launch mode, but nothing too crazy. I could see a boost for the LR later, after the Plaid gets faster with SW.

Congrats on your shrinking ED ;)

In all seriousness, you have been yanked around enough. Glad it is finally happening for you.
This is the ONLY context in which the words "shrinking" and "ED" are a good thing!
He hit her another way.
Wonder how she did on their Smokie mountain road trip. Extra weight in the back should help with the mountain curves.
Curves were definitely explored.
Wow guys!🤣

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    144.6 KB · Views: 57