Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this just happened. I got a VIN last night, and a few moments ago my EDD narrowed to a 3 day window.

View attachment 692987

Something else....

I got an insurance policy through USAA. $2100 for a full year. When they pulled up my VIN, it is listed as a Performance Model S. I tried to explain to them that it is a Long Range, but they said their data base is coming from Tesla. This means insurance companies are basing their rates on a performance model, which usually means higher rates.

The only way they can change this is if Tesla stops calling it the Performance Model S in their database. It looks like someone's oversight at Tesla is going to cost a lot of customers money on insurance.

I understand that the LR is faster than most performance cars, so please skip the responses about that. The insurance companies only know terms. If it was not listed as a performance vehicle, they would treat it accordingly, regardless of specs.
When did you order?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think they are delivering post price adjusted cars first. I have a friend in my same region, who ordered exact same spec as me, 15 days later...and he has a delivery window. The only difference in the order...price. Mine was before the 10k increase, and his after. Now I see why Tesla is being so secretive during the build and delivery process.
I have several examples just from this and the other LR tracking thread as well. These don't look like the adhoc ones where there is a cancelled order and someone nearby happens to be available with same order. I am now told I am looking at Sept.

No SiriusXM on mine, and Spotify only allows you to login if you have a premium account.
SiriusXM is hidden in Radio (there an option of FM and SXM) on my '18. It's not available from just the luncher tray... honestly took me over a year before I knew it had it. I haven't used Sirius in more than 10-15 years now that we have more reliable cellular data for streaming nowadays.

Also btw, Spotify only allows premium accounts to stream from 3rd party players, not a Tesla limitation.

SiriusXM is hidden in Radio (there an option of FM and SXM) on my '18. It's not available from just the luncher tray... honestly took me over a year before I knew it had it. I haven't used Sirius in more than 10-15 years now that we have more reliable cellular data for streaming nowadays.

Also btw, Spotify only allows premium accounts to stream from 3rd party players, not a Tesla limitation.
Hmm interesting. It works fine on my TV and iPhone without a premium account 🤔

I think they are delivering post price adjusted cars first. I have a friend in my same region, who ordered exact same spec as me, 15 days later...and he has a delivery window. The only difference in the order...price. Mine was before the 10k increase, and his after. Now I see why Tesla is being so secretive during the build and delivery process.
IMHO Tesla isn't that grimy. There are plenty older RN numbers that have taken delivery and still getting filled.
My plaid order was placed 2 weeks prior to the $10k price increase. There are plenty of identical orders to mine (MSM, black-wood, 19s) that were placed after the price increase. I received a VIN yesterday (EDD: Aug 17-23) so why didn't Tesla allocate my VIN to someone who placed an identical order 2 weeks after mine ?

My key fob battery died already, and of course it's one I don't keep around, CR2330. Ordered some. Luckily phone key has been working for several weeks now but I grabbed it from the drawer yesterday to quickly open the frunk and it was stone dead.

Pretty weird, had no such issue with my 2016 P90D's key fob, though it appears to be a different design. Anyone else have this problem? I'm worried it's just going to keep draining batteries.

Possible this was the battery problem Elon referred to?

Lol

IMHO Tesla isn't that grimy. There are plenty older RN numbers that have taken delivery and still getting filled.
My plaid order was placed 2 weeks prior to the $10k price increase. There are plenty of identical orders to mine (MSM, black-wood, 19s) that were placed after the price increase. I received a VIN yesterday (EDD: Aug 17-23) so why didn't Tesla allocate my VIN to someone who placed an identical order 2 weeks after mine ?
well, I mean..we are talking about the same company who without any sort of warning/comms/compensation, yanked VINS and delivery dates from customers at the end of june, and instead, sold their cars to people closer to fremont for the purpose of counting the sales as Q2 revenue.

how does the cream/wood look with the red?
Will take some photos of the interior later today and post 😊 I love the look! Gives it an even more subdued touring vibe and belies the explosive power contained within.

So lr 19’s getting priority over my Plaid order now?

If it makes you feel better, this happened to me on more than one occasion. My rationalization of Tesla’s irrational processes was that maybe they ran low on carbon fiber sleeved rotors and couldn’t pull those cars over to the Plaid line. As a silver lining, it means your config is being produced and you should see delivery in weeks rather than forever.

Remember, you have to earn its trust before it lets you ride it. Going from a Volvo V60 -> Plaid is quiet the upgrade in “flooring it” experience 😅

E5269473-CD49-4945-BB8C-16E8208E7C52.jpeg