Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unscrew the 3 screws in the front, it lifts the body colored cover off the bracket which is then mounted onto the bumper with double sided tape.

Removing the bracket was a pain, using a heat gun/hair dryer you can heat up the bracket which will in turn heat up the double sided tape, this is some industrial strength stuff though. There are two strips of about an inch wide, 10 inches long, double sided tape that run horizontally on top and bottom of the bracket. Trying to pry it with your hands just doesn’t work, it literally flexes the front bumper cover from the car. To be on the safer side with pulling too hard, I used a fishing line wrapped around my gloved hands (trust me you’ll appreciate the gloves once you start pulling up and down) to hook around the bracket and using it to pretty much saw the double sided tape by going up and down and slowly pulling across.

At the end you’re left with a ton of residue, roll it with your finger onto itself and it’ll come up nicely. Once done, use a bit of Goo Gone to touch up little residue areas for a nice smooth clean. Then some soapy water to finish off and a small amount of wax just to cover the area where the bracket used to be (I’m sure it’s never been waxed there before).

Most definitely does lmao, a solid inch more space between the garage door and the front bumper now!

Attaching pics, some were already posted but it’s for the quick license plate bracket guide above. It’s been raining the last couple of days so haven’t been able to do any good photo shoots other than snapping a couple of pics here and there with my phone.

Pick up day:
View attachment 692971

View attachment 692973

View attachment 692974

These are going to hurt the wallet when it’s time to replace 😅😅
View attachment 692975

Here are the 3 plate holder pics, before, cover off (bracket exposed), after:

View attachment 692980

View attachment 692982

View attachment 692983

and here’s just a random low light pic I took last night while out (with my crappy iPhone 😉)

View attachment 692985

The windows are now tinted as you can see in the above pic.
Excellent - looks fantastic! Congrats again and thanks for posting them.

Unscrew the 3 screws in the front, it lifts the body colored cover off the bracket which is then mounted onto the bumper with double sided tape.

Removing the bracket was a pain, using a heat gun/hair dryer you can heat up the bracket which will in turn heat up the double sided tape, this is some industrial strength stuff though. There are two strips of about an inch wide, 10 inches long, double sided tape that run horizontally on top and bottom of the bracket. Trying to pry it with your hands just doesn’t work, it literally flexes the front bumper cover from the car. To be on the safer side with pulling too hard, I used a fishing line wrapped around my gloved hands (trust me you’ll appreciate the gloves once you start pulling up and down) to hook around the bracket and using it to pretty much saw the double sided tape by going up and down and slowly pulling across.

At the end you’re left with a ton of residue, roll it with your finger onto itself and it’ll come up nicely. Once done, use a bit of Goo Gone to touch up little residue areas for a nice smooth clean. Then some soapy water to finish off and a small amount of wax just to cover the area where the bracket used to be (I’m sure it’s never been waxed there before).

Most definitely does lmao, a solid inch more space between the garage door and the front bumper now!

Attaching pics, some were already posted but it’s for the quick license plate bracket guide above. It’s been raining the last couple of days so haven’t been able to do any good photo shoots other than snapping a couple of pics here and there with my phone.

Pick up day:
View attachment 692971

View attachment 692973

View attachment 692974

These are going to hurt the wallet when it’s time to replace 😅😅
View attachment 692975

Here are the 3 plate holder pics, before, cover off (bracket exposed), after:

View attachment 692980

View attachment 692982

View attachment 692983

and here’s just a random low light pic I took last night while out (with my crappy iPhone 😉)

View attachment 692985

The windows are now tinted as you can see in the above pic.
Looks good! What tint % and brand did you use?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Wouldn't that just be a function of the juice they are being fed. Obviously, we now know they motors themselves in the 3 are loafing.
That could be the case. And yeah, we now know the potential of the M3's rear motor when used with a different battery and inverter. Whether Tesla would ever put those into the M3 though is the question.🙂

Reactions: Maximus023
View attachment 692987

Something else....

I got an insurance policy through USAA. $2100 for a full year. When they pulled up my VIN, it is listed as a Performance Model S. I tried to explain to them that it is a Long Range, but they said their data base is coming from Tesla. This means insurance companies are basing their rates on a performance model, which usually means higher rates.

The only way they can change this is if Tesla stops calling it the Performance Model S in their database. It looks like someone's oversight at Tesla is going to cost a lot of customers money on insurance.

I understand that the LR is faster than most performance cars, so please skip the responses about that. The insurance companies only know terms. If it was not listed as a performance vehicle, they would treat it accordingly, regardless of specs.
Thats interesting. When I was trying to add vehicle details during insurance purchase process, I got two options:
Model S Long Range
Model S Performance

Couldn't resist emailing my SA this morning.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 11.45.47 AM.png

For those with RN's equal to or greater than RN1154xxx that are just interested in more recent order status and issues....

I cant search the word "VIN" on this forum or read through 2800+ pages again so can one of VIN experts chime in.

I'm sure no one who is waiting for a VIN wants one from the lot of 450 cars sitting in Freemont sun now for over 3+ months for the obvious issues, from a prolonged parking such as paint, battery, tires etc...as well as unknown issues as to why those cars are just sitting there.

Therefore can anyone guess which VIN's or range of VIN's to be on the lookout for over the next few months based on the reported VIN's of those who have taken delivery or are already in process?

I want one!! As a loaner...when I take my trusty nose cone in for service...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid