Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. RN 1148, ordered 3/5; LR, red/black/wood 19” . I had an EDD of June 1 - June 30 back in may (for like 2 days). I just checked today - EDD Sept 21 - Sept 30. No VIN. (Or VIN# if you are a sociopath). We’ll see if I have date creep, which seems popular...
You and I are close in RNs (RN1148 for you and RN1147 for me). You've got a one day jump on updated EDD--I wonder if that's a product of you being in CA and me being in PA? If so, does that mean they've actually mapped out a path from manufacture to transport to last mile delivery?

Theres no story to type. Tesla just got supplies in, calculated the availability to create complete cars for q3 and q4. boom, here we are. This is their allotment for what looks like the rest of the year.

Also their ramp up definitely did not go as planned.
Oh, I'm not concerned about that. It is what it is. I want to hear about @sam3194 and his three hours at Tesla, that *sugar*'s crazy.

So...back to actual Build & Delivery Status and possible HOPE for all those with white on white/cf MS orders...for the first time since June, I’ve seen a change in my Tesla Account. Although it’s not showing a VIN, it now shows “Estimated Delivery Date: Sept 20th – 30th.” Perhaps that date range will tighten up or move up a bit, but it seems like there’s some actual progress and possible light at the end of the tunnel. fyi - I ordered way back on 2/5/21. YAY! ;) 👍:cool:
Huh oh, looks like you are going to win the race!! Nothing here yet.

AND, we are out of town Aug 19-31st, so hope it tightens up later, rather than earlier in this window!
updated delivery spreadsheet tabs. (LR Jan 13 order/confirmed Feb 10th, Red/Black/wood 19" in case you can't see the signature line).

1628604968145.png
1628604968145.png

Last edited:
1/20 MSLR BLK/BLK/19''/FSD
First date range ever: Estimated Delivery: September 12 - September 30
Very interesting...you and I are configuration twins but I have a significantly more granular EDD (8 days vs 18 days), with the same September 30 cut off. You ordered your MSLR ~3 months ahead of me though. I wonder if everyone "close enough" was bucketed into end of September to get as many deliveries in by the close of the quarter.

Either way, I hope you take delivery at 10:01 AM on September 12th and immediately tell us how unbelievably awesome that particular configuration is.

Reactions: Tigers
They are wanting to be seen as simply 'not a Plaid'. If most people don't know what a Plaid is, they DEFINITELY don't know what an LR is.
As a compromise between those that want to de-badge a plaid and those that want to badge a LR as a Plaid, why not have someone mock up a badge that simply says "tri-power" as used in the mid 60's to denote triple deuce carbs? Those in the know would actually know what it means, everyone else would be left scratching their heads as they watched the "tri-power" Tesla disappear in the distance.