Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am have any offer from Tesla to trade in my 2018 Nissan Altima. I can get $400 more if I sell it to Carvana. Does anyone have any experience with them. I probably won’t be able to get Carvana to pick up the car before the Tesla is delivered. My concern is that when caravan comes to get the car they will try to haggle on the price.
My wife sold her car to Carvana right before we got her MY. It was easy and they didn't haggle over anything. The only thing I guess is that you are missing out on the tax savings from buying the new car. I imagine that could be rectified when you're filing your taxes, but I wasn't aware of that when she did it last year, I have a feeling we ended up paying extra on sales tax that we could've just had deducted automatically if we traded in to Tesla. Obviously not as big of a deal if the car isn't worth a substantial amount, but in my case, trading my M3 to Tesla resulted in my sales tax reduction of about 3k for the MS LR according to my documents.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
She is home sweet home. Dragy info tomorrow.
IMG_2164.jpeg

Alright all slightly off subject and a rookie question. For the new Model S long range....What is needed to get the max charge rate on a 220v? Do i need a 60a for this or what would you recommend. I am currently using a 220v for my Model 3 SR+ and that is charging at 32a. I am having an electrician come out tuesday and want to make sure I have them set this up right! thank you!

My wife sold her car to Carvana right before we got her MY. It was easy and they didn't haggle over anything. The only thing I guess is that you are missing out on the tax savings from buying the new car. I imagine that could be rectified when you're filing your taxes, but I wasn't aware of that when she did it last year, I have a feeling we ended up paying extra on sales tax that we could've just had deducted automatically if we traded in to Tesla. Obviously not as big of a deal if the car isn't worth a substantial amount, but in my case, trading my M3 to Tesla resulted in my sales tax reduction of about 3k for the MS LR according to my documents.
I think someone on the board said it does work that way in California. Anyone know?

Darn, I missed page 3000. This thread is 9 years old. I guess I'll try for page 4000 in about 6 months...
You haven't paid close enough attention with this group. We could hit that by Labor Day!!!

The long wait has been bearable because of this thread. I appreciate each and everyone of you. :D

On the latest épisode of “MarcG takes the gamble to Tesla”…

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 19-30

In case you haven’t been subscribing to my series, the original order’s dates are back to where they used to be since the monkeys started throwing darts on Tuesday.

Whereas the latest order’s date range keeps shrinking, with the first date in the range moving back several days at a time, and second date staying steady at EOQ.

I’m starting to bet that the latter order will get a VIN first. Don’t forget to make popcorn and place your bets at home!

Stay tuned for the next episode ;)
Jester (Dante) wears the hat.

MarcG has the goods!!!

I absolutely love the way you are messing with Tesla. It will be interesting to see if they wise up. If they do not, it will be interesting to see if they keep a straight face asking for $10K more.

Last edited:
I just got my VIN!!!! ☄️🎉. @jebinc , you predicted the date perfectly. That said, my delevery date went from 8/13-20 to FEBRUARY, similar to what happened to you. I choose to believe that part is a mistake. Did you ever hear from Tesla about your EDD?
bring that cute little kitty cat over the club. I hate you and your cat.

congrats

Thanks for reply and thoughts on what it might mean. I see from your signature we have the same car on order....so I will be sure to keep up the spreadsheet and share here whatever I learn in the event the EV Gods bestow our car before yours.....but as you said...the only real constant has been randomness!!!
Hi Fellow MSLR/MSM/Black/Ebony Decor/ 19" People waiting for a VIN.... I just got my VIN! RN11424XXXX, VehiclemapID-25004xxx , 5YJSA1E57MF439XXX ....BUT new EDD is February 2022 vs. August 27 - September 3.... Calling SA now....

Hi Fellow MSLR/MSM/Black/Ebony Decor/ 19" People waiting for a VIN.... I just got my VIN! RN11424XXXX, VehiclemapID-25004xxx , 5YJSA1E57MF439XXX ....BUT new EDD is February 2022 vs. August 27 - September 3.... Calling SA now....
It is a bug in the Tesla profile. It will be fixed by tomorrow. There has been three or four cases now where it happens, next day it is fixed. It might even be fixed later today.

TSportline winter tire packages have gone live for the refreshed Model S. Looks to be 19” only.

Wow! That was fast! They told me on their Facebook page yesterday that they were coming soon. Pretty expensive, though...

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew-MS
My EDD showed August 11-14 for three day and today it changed to 12-15. I still didn't get a call from Tesla to set up an appointment.
Mine also now shows August 12-15th, I emailed my rep and he said it is due into Chicago tomorrow and will take them a day or two to inspect and get it ready for delivery. I bet ours are on the same truck/Train. I am picking up in Schaumburg, where are you?