Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot get home delivery so I expect mine will be different. How did they do tags/registration?
That was the couple documents I had to sign and FedEx back to them.

My previous S and Y were the same but without home delivery. The only difference being we went to the facility to pick them up and signed the registration papers there and handed them to a person. Probably less than a 1 minute interaction.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi, at the risk of getting over confident, my SA told me today that my car has actually shipped from Fremont, and will be here end of next week sometime. I have a delivery appointment at 10am Sat. Aug. 21. Given all this, does this group think I am foolish to expect it now? I know it could be damaged in transit, but barring that type of thing, it seems to be on track now.
Be kind if it is in your nature :)

Do not overthink it. Be cautious - check the vehicle over at delivery. Enjoy the process.

There may be a hiccup in the delivery but it will happen and you will smile the drive home and forget about this thread and all it represents for at least 24 hours or more.

Car is complete by the time the VIN gets assigned to you. Of course it’s assigned to the chassis beforehand.
Yes, probably don't assign the VIN to a customer reservation until they have all of the musical chairs of delivery worked out. (Although, judging by anecdotal reports of people "losing" their VIN, there is still some uncertainty.)

Do not overthink it. Be cautious - check the vehicle over at delivery. Enjoy the process.

There may be a hiccup in the delivery but it will happen and you will smile the drive home and forget about this thread and all it represents for at least 24 hours or more.
Then you will slowly realize that the journey here, the friendships made, the emotions and bonding shared, all mean more than the actual car. You'll return it to Tesla, order a new one, and then come back here to talk about the frustrating wait. In the end, you will realize a like from @2021plaid is worth far more than a press of the accelerator.

Then you will slowly realize that the journey here, the friendships made, the emotions and bonding shared, all mean more than the actual car. You'll return it to Tesla, order a new one, and then come back here to talk about the frustrating wait. In the end, you will realize a like from @2021plaid is worth far more than a press of the accelerator.
clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

On my more recent Model Y, I showed up at the appointed time, and did an ACH bank transfer on my phone after looking at the car, and then they did a few things on their system and it showed up on my app and I drove away with the registration paperwork and temporary tags, etc.
Can anyone actually speak to the pickup process itself? I have no trade in and got approved financing through the Tesla site. How do they handle:
Payment?
Tags?
Registration?

Attachments

• 1628882526080.png
    1628882526080.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 87
On my more recent Model Y, I showed up at the appointed time, and did an ACH bank transfer on my phone after looking at the car, and then they did a few things on their system and it showed up on my app and I drove away with the registration paperwork and temporary tags, etc.
So did you finance any portion of it? Wondering if they just get the money directly from the lender for the note and I transfer the downpayment?

So as stated they updated my delivery for last two weeks in Sept. Of course I am out of town last week of Sept. I asked my SA, who is very responsive, is that a concern? She said not to worry.

She said all the SA's were not surprised there will be rush end of Q. She then texted me a hour later and said she looked it up and said the estimated arrival would be third week in Sept and she was crossing her fingers for me. .

Im not holding my breath but worried if I cant take delivery last week of quarter.

So did you finance any portion of it? Wondering if they just get the money directly from the lender for the note and I transfer the downpayment?
I didn't finance it, so I had money ready in the account that I did the bank transfer from. I know there is good advice here on how you incorporate a loan into the process. [EDIT, I just noticed you got your financing from Tesla. I bet that in that case you just transfer your part in and Tesla supplies their side--but don't know for sure]

I'm a long-time troller on this thread, and a first-time poster. I ordered my Model S Plaid black/black w/ carbon fiber on February 28. Like everyone, I've been on the roller coaster of expected delivery dates. Starting about 3 weeks ago, I've been completely unable to access my order on Tesla.com. I get to the dashboard, and when I click "Manage", it just cycles back to the dashboard. I've tried Chrome & Safari thinking it might be a browser issue. I've attempted to get some help from the Tesla Sales Service text chat. That service typically replied to my questions with a 1-24 hour turnaround up until I had this issue, but now, even after 3 weeks, I haven't received a reply at all. Even though I've followed up with several additional texts, it's like the person on the other end of the like just got up and left the building. Is anyone else having these issues?
When this happens to me in Chrome, I just close the tab, open a new one, and click my bookmark for my order page and it works...until it stops again the next day.

BTW, I think you meant you're a long time LURKER.