Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually think those "lobster fork" 19 inch wheels look great. The red Tesla emblem is a nice finishing touch also on a red car. I'm glad they are no longer silver (my orders is Black/White, and silver would be really a bad look for a blacked out car), but overall I'm fine with the look (and I will definitely remove the crappy plastic covers on day 1! - if I ever need more range for a trip I can always pop them back on).
Oh no! I thought I could escape lobster fork / lobster claw wheel debating since this isn’t a Porsche forum.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually think those "lobster fork" 19 inch wheels look great. The red Tesla emblem is a nice finishing touch also on a red car. I'm glad they are no longer silver (my orders is Black/White, and silver would be really a bad look for a blacked out car), but overall I'm fine with the look (and I will definitely remove the crappy plastic covers on day 1! - if I ever need more range for a trip I can always pop them back on).

I think the wheel style and color look great. I just think that the 19" wheel looks small on such a large car and the sidewall looks too tall for sucha a large sporty car. The proportions look off.

Today’s updates are bringing the MarcG vs. Tesla poker match to a stalemate:

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30

So right back to where we started at the beginning of the week.
Bets are still coming in at 50/50, let’s see what tomorrow brings!
Early morning newsflash! Tesla makes an aggressive move in the poker match:

RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 22-30

Will Tesla show its cards and give the later order a VIN?
Will MarcG call Tesla’s bluff and expect the dates to swing massively again tomorrow?

Stay tuned to find out! :)

Will MarcG call Tesla’s bluff and expect the dates to swing massively again tomorrow?

My date range tightened up under two weeks for the first time, but still keeps pushing out to stay "two weeks from now" every day...

I’m staying tuned in to the @MarcG Channel!
E07821F3-D0E6-4595-8968-D56C545B511C.gif

In 4 days
11 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 17 Sep
12 Aug showed - 25 Aug - 14 Sep
13 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 11 Sep
14 Aug shows - 26 Aug - 8 Sep

Ladies and Gentlemen, a show of hands please by those of you that think I should have HOPE? I am still dubious!!!
WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???
I have your exact config, ordered on 1/20 and my window is [9/11-9/30]

Morning Update: EDD moved up to 8/24 - 30
Insurance: progressive quoted me $650ish for 6m and 500 deductible

Plan to call tesla to get addition details on build and transport status and switch to financing. Curious what best rate will be through tesla
My initial rate was 2.4%. I got 1.94% from BOA and Tesla matched that. You just need to let your SA know. There is a direct link but the SA will/should coordinate.
[email protected]

Morning Update: EDD moved up to 8/24 - 30
Insurance: progressive quoted me $650ish for 6m and 500 deductible

Plan to call tesla to get addition details on build and transport status and switch to financing. Curious what best rate will be through tesla
Thanks for sharing your rate. GEICO quoted me, on a no VIN basis, $900 for 6 months with $1k deductible. That’s more in 6 months than I pay for my Model 3 in a year! Do you have any other policies thru Progressive?

Thanks for sharing your rate. GEICO quoted me, on a no VIN basis, $900 for 6 months with $1k deductible. That’s more in 6 months than I pay for my Model 3 in a year! Do you have any other policies thru Progressive?
Im existing customer with 2 other vehicles on policy, also i pay 6m in full, so that gives on of the biggest discounts, also i had to call for to correctly quote since VIN for refreshes weren't in their system by default

Also build date for vehicle was 8/10

I think @AnselmDante and @sflgator were out on a double date last night and that is why we have not heard much.
LOL. Exhausted from a busy week and about to celebrate my mother's 91st bday today as the entire family is taking her out to lunch. Woke up this morning to the Tesla Monkey playing a little...my est deliv date range went from 9/21/21-9/30/21 to 9/19/21-9/30/21. Haha, I'm okay with that. ;)