Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully negotiated a better price with AutoNation?

I tried and they said the prices only go down, not up. Really a horrible sales pitch.

With that said I am ok with what the offered me but will still try and sell the car elsewhere. KBB trade in is about $18,500, private party around $20,500, they offered $16,200. Realistically I may get $19,500 privately if I put in the effort and find the right buyer, factoring sales tax savings, I get about $17,200 from Autonation. Real difference is about $2,300 compared to private party. Autonation knows exactly where to price cars to give you the lowest number that looks good on paper.

I tried and they said the prices only go down, not up. Really a horrible sales pitch.

With that said I am ok with what the offered me but will still try and sell the car elsewhere. KBB trade in is about $18,500, private party around $20,500, they offered $16,200. Realistically I may get $19,500 privately if I put in the effort and find the right buyer, factoring sales tax savings, I get about $17,200 from Autonation. Real difference is about $2,300 compared to private party. Autonation knows exactly where to price cars to give you the lowest number that looks good on paper.
Try taking it to a used car lot. There happened to be two of them across from the Car Wash I was at so I took a chance. One place offered me $3500.00 over AutoNation, the other was $4k higher. Took all of ten minutes to make four grand. Plus I felt better selling my car to someone who was willing to pay me a fair price. Screw AutoNation. I sent them an email and told them to take their ripoff offer and shove it.

Hi all... just found this wonderful forum.

Ordered my Pearl White Model S85 on Saturday Jan 25th. Confirmed on Monday Jan 27th. VIN is 32890. Wife and I will be picking it up on March 21st then taking the Factory Tour :)
Welcome to the forum. Your homework assignment is to take at least 2 friends/relatives with you on the factory tour. :)

Ordered P85 on Monday (2/3) early confirm Wednesday (2/5) and got a VIN 337XX today. No specific delivery date yet as it still shows March.

We ordered and confirmed our P85 on the evening of 2/3/2014. Our VIN is 33752 and our first delivery date (subject to change in either direction) is March 26th. Our electrician is fitting around 4 EV charging outlets per day, and says that in his experience Tesla ramps up production of the high-spec vehicles at the end of each quarter to boost profits as much as possible. He thinks we may get it earlier. I have no idea, but we are very excited to drive our own Tesla when it arrives!

Hope AutoNation gave you a fair quote![/QUOTE

I checked a couple of dealers and was offered 13,800 and 14,300. I knew it was worth more than that. A trade in for another 5353i would have got 15,000 from my local BMW dealership, which was low. I accepted the 15,500 that auto nation offered. It was on the low side I know. But I didn't have time to sell it myself. Until now, I hadn't given it much thought. Driving my new MS has been so nice, I haven't had time to grieve for the BMW.:biggrin:

Could whoever owns the wiki please add my entry to the list:

85KWh (Not P or P+), Raleigh NC, Ordered 24-Feb, Confirmed 25-Feb, Pref/Earliest deliv April, VIN 36124, Vin-date 2/27, "Currently sourcing parts"
Silver, Body Colored, 19", Leather Black, Piano Black, Tech, Parking sensors, Parcel Shelf, Single Charger, 19" Primacy Upgrade

Thanks!

My car is on the final leg from Vancouver (service center) to Calgary. As I did the official delivery in Vancouver on Monday the App has been enabled so I've been tracking the journey. Might have to go to sleep at some point but I'll be checking it again when I wake up. The truck driver kindly said he would text me at various points on the journey so I would "know where the car is". I didn't tell him that I was already stalking the car.

Photo 2-27-2014, 0 42 55.png

My car is on the final leg from Vancouver (service center) to Calgary. As I did the official delivery in Vancouver on Monday the App has been enabled so I've been tracking the journey. Might have to go to sleep at some point but I'll be checking it again when I wake up. The truck driver kindly said he would text me at various points on the journey so I would "know where the car is". I didn't tell him that I was already stalking the car.

Agreed gpetti very fun to be a voyeur. Best of luck!

My final delivery

My car showed up (at my house) at 09:00. The driver texted me through the night to tell me where he was (Tesla must have told him I was a tad impatient). This kept me up every three hours but I was pretty excited anyway. My attempts to stalk him were sometimes thwarted by the mountains interfering with reception and sometimes the GPS location seemed a bit off; however, when the driver was within about 15 minutes I was able to turn on the climate control to start warming up the frigid car. It had warmed from -3 to above 10 degrees by the time I received it. I got one glorious drive to take the car to the store that installed my Rial Luganos/Blizzak wheels. It is better than I remember - especially as it is my car.
Pictures of the delivery below.

The truck had an interesting mix of an old classic and a new (one day classic). Unfortunately the old Olds had dropped rust dust all over the Tesla; however, if the Tesla had been on top, I would have probably had to wait for the Olds to be delivered (to Edmonton). In any case the dust blew off and my detailer is going to carefully clean the whole car anyway.
Photo 2-27-2014, 9 05 53.jpg

The car was so quiet backing off the truck that all we could hear was the creak of the ramp. Electricians truck in the background - my HPWC was finally installed today too.

Photo 2-27-2014, 9 17 13 AM.jpg

Picture that is now my desktop background. Suprising how black this (blue) color looks in certain lights. I'll post new pictures when my wrap has completed and I have my stickers on as ordered through Roger elsewhere on TMC.
Photo 2-27-2014, 9 48 36_cropped.jpg

Congrats gpetti!

I keep forgetting that there is (and has been) a real winter in your parts of the world... Here in Finland we have had the warmest and least snowy winter of the past 50 years.. So we actually have much less snow on the ground currently than what you seem to have there! :)

Drive carefully!

My car showed up (at my house) at 09:00. The driver texted me through the night to tell me where he was (Tesla must have told him I was a tad impatient). This kept me up every three hours but I was pretty excited anyway. My attempts to stalk him were sometimes thwarted by the mountains interfering with reception and sometimes the GPS location seemed a bit off; however, when the driver was within about 15 minutes I was able to turn on the climate control to start warming up the frigid car. It had warmed from -3 to above 10 degrees by the time I received it. I got one glorious drive to take the car to the store that installed my Rial Luganos/Blizzak wheels. It is better than I remember - especially as it is my car.

Awesome news about your successful delivery! Glad to hear your first drive was to get your winter tires installed. Too many people on this forum are whipping around in summer rubber.