Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tweaks complete…

Red Brake Calipers-$950
28% (I think) tint on all sides, legal-$600 tinting
70% (I think) on front, legal
OEM Spoiler-$200
PPF on Front-$1750
Ceramic finish over the rest of the car-$300, monthly $100 per month for 2 full details, detailing club to maintain showroom look
No badging or de badging, free

Joy of launching once on my 3 mile commute…priceless!
Looks great! Is that the glossy blade spoiler from RPM?

Last edited:
Anyone who’s received their car - any of y’all been rained on yet? On a scale from “bad” to “atrocious” how’re the auto wipers on the new S?

I’ve been thinking that the longer hood compared to the 3 might help with the road spray that makes the auto wipers a joke on that car. Any thoughts? Oh, also, could someone confirm for me that if you hit the wiper button the left scroll controls the speed setting for a few seconds after?

@Hayseed_MS @jebinc and trying to think of others who don’t live in deserts, I mean, California. Thanks!
Lots of rain and mine go almost straight to max which is irritating. I suspect they will get this trimmed out over time.

Wow, things have really slowed down here the past week, with many new deliveries and members dropping off TMC like flies. One can only assume they are now spending more quality time with their rides, instead of us! 😞😂
Don’t worry friend! Tesla will make sure I’m the last one outta here.
I’m what is referred to as FILO. I don’t know how this works, I just keep taking damage and keep firing!

Last edited:
It honestly feels like the car is losing traction at every speed. I feel like the tires can't hold on..
It literally is doing just this. Tesla's microsecond(ish) traction control time constant is what lets them balance the power right on the traction limit with the very best slip angle for grip. The more I push the car around under hard acceleration the more I really appreciate the work that went into to keeping this car going where you pointed it.

I am looking forward to trying the track pack version of software to see what the kids have been allowed to do with the "Dif" functionality in the dual rear motor. The sky is really the limit with the amount of braking action they can generate (along with forward torque of course). The question for me is are they going to expose MS owners to the change in vehicle dynamics that comes with aggressive active differentials. It is a bit unnerving when you start to drive with them. It's like having a lot of downforce as the physics change and the car becomes capable of things your physical understand of driving has yet to catch up to. It will be fun times if Tesla lets the engineers loose :)

Thanks for your support B. 🤝 20" with 255/285 PSAS4 is definitely the best value option in terms of all season setup for the plaid.

Not only the wheel looks great, but it also weight nearly 40% less than the stock 21".

Brook from Dragtime just weighted his SV104 at: (with cardboard)

20x10 = 21.50 lb
20x11 = 22.12 lb

Front / Rear
View attachment 697629

You can expect your 20x9 / 20x10.5 setup to be even lighter.

Example of the 20x9 SV104 we weighted at the local shop eailer today,

SV104 20x9 Deep Concavity Profile.

View attachment 697630
That is something like 5 lbs per corner less than my TSW flow formed rims. Nice!!!
Looking at your Signature (pun intended), I wonder what the discount is for YouTube influencers.

gosh, I just wanna say it feels so good once Sam stopped posting.
So tired of "I was told that <everyone already knows by simply googling and doing research>" b..sh!t.
I rarely post here anything and mostly lurking, but it just feels so good now so I had to pull a trigger and login to post this:).

p.s. @omarsultan - you are the best! The legend!(as someone said before)!
p.p.s.: If anyone knows of a "mute" button for a person on this forum or something like this please let me know.
you can continue to stay hidden

EDD has slipped to 8/31-9/3. i was at the service center yesterday and someone there said my car had left the factory but hadn’t been put on the train yet.
As always...take with a truck load of salt....but may have something to do with he recent stall and date slips for some of us:

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 8.19.04 AM.png