Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True , but nothing I can do about that. It’s also BS that I waited 4 months while countless people got theirs in a few weeks or less. I’m not going to feel bad about a 1 month difference on a 5 month scale, but I do feel bad about getting mine while some people here have waited over twice as long as me and are
till waiting.

Hurry up and get your car and send pics. Plz.

So, anyway, my EDD hasn't moved from 9/2 - 9/5 in the last day or so. I called Tesla today and an SA told me that the car was born/released/exited-the-factory-gate/something 8/13, so a week ago; hasn't actually left the factory; and is on track to show up on 9/3. He said this sort of thing wasn't unusual. They have to inspect each car, even drive it for a little bit, blah, blah.

"Hm," I find myself saying.

Also, we ordered an X for my wife (due in April) so I can keep having this experience of being tortured by Tesla. It's important to stay fit.

She finally arrived!

Image from iOS.jpg
Image from iOS (1).jpg

Ok so this is one thing that I need to look into more closely. I get a reduction in my sales tax when I trade in my M3 to Tesla, but if I sell to Carvana do I get that same sales tax break on the back end when I file my state taxes or is that just lost? It's a considerable amount off my sales tax like 2-2.5k so any offer would need to exceed that difference for me to even consider, although I have thought about a private sale as well.
In California you don’t get a sales tax reduction based on the trade in value unfortunately. Good luck with Chicago

Got a call from Fremont yesterday offering a slightly different MS plaid immediately, only with wood instead of CF. He said we were high on the list. Didn’t take it but he did say the EDD I see on my acct was the best info he would have access to as well. Wonder how many people he had to call?? Late Sep can’t get here fast enough.
What did configuration did he offer offer?

Got a call from Fremont yesterday offering a slightly different MS plaid immediately, only with wood instead of CF. He said we were high on the list. Didn’t take it but he did say the EDD I see on my acct was the best info he would have access to as well. Wonder how many people he had to call?? Late Sep can’t get here fast enough.
Damn, so they’re REALLY short on CF.. so sad. Hmm I might have to consider wood trim.

Based on the recent updates (most recent of which is today's 9/3-9/17 window), it seems like I'm narrowing towards a mid-September date on my RN1147 black on black long range with 19" wheels and FSD. Very exciting times! (he says while staring down likely disappointment)

I think it's probably time to pay a visit to my local Tesla location to introduce myself and see if they know anything beyond what I've been able to glean from this forum, YouTube, Reddit, etc.

FWIW while I'm impatiently awaiting, a few things happened, etc. -
1) my electrician filed the permit for running the charger along with other work we're doing. My township is holding things up for the other project, and when I called yesterday they said bluntly, "and no EV charger until the permit is approved" - harumph! Now I really hope the car isn't ready too early! (Ha, Tesla!)
2) I was hoping that if my car was Q4 or Q1 2022 it might have HW4. Nope. Per AI day yesterday, I think HW4 or "FSD Hardware 2" is a year out and coming out with the Cybertruck. So that's that.
3) I THINK the white interior is still holding things up. I liked it more than the cream, but it was close. If I was offered cream last week I'd have jumped, now without a charger I'll wait. Once I have the charger installed, I'd be fine with cream or white; if cream was a few days sooner I'd likely wait for white, if white was delayed more months, I'd have to reconsider.

TLDR; make sure you have a permit if needed to install you charger. 3mph trickle charging sounds horrible.