Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call from Fremont yesterday offering a slightly different MS plaid immediately, only with wood instead of CF. He said we were high on the list. Didn’t take it but he did say the EDD I see on my acct was the best info he would have access to as well. Wonder how many people he had to call?? Late Sep can’t get here fast enough.
Got the same call yesterday late afternoon. Declined and was super annoyed that she said the available MS Plaid was a “similar build” but in fact, the only thing similar was that it has white paint on the outside. Geez! Um, no thank you…I declined the black seats/wood interior trim vehicle…nothing like my build RN from 2/5/21!

And she had zero info about the accuracy of what it says on my Tesla acct for est delivery: 9/20/21 - 9/30/21, and claimed she couldn’t find out anything more.

So let me get this straight…there’s absolutely nobody at Tesla Corp - Fremont who can actually verify the accuracy of what my Tesla account says as far as possible actual delivery in just 4-5 weeks? 😏. This is all quite pathetic and unprofessional! I just hope my account is accurate as it’s been holding steady for almost 2 weeks now and I really hope I get a VIN by the 1st week of September.

Got a call from Fremont yesterday offering a slightly different MS plaid immediately, only with wood instead of CF. He said we were high on the list. Didn’t take it but he did say the EDD I see on my acct was the best info he would have access to as well. Wonder how many people he had to call?? Late Sep can’t get here fast enough.
I got a similar call as well yesterday. Also with wood instead of CF.

Based on the recent updates (most recent of which is today's 9/3-9/17 window), it seems like I'm narrowing towards a mid-September date on my RN1147 black on black long range with 19" wheels and FSD. Very exciting times! (he says while staring down likely disappointment)

I think it's probably time to pay a visit to my local Tesla location to introduce myself and see if they know anything beyond what I've been able to glean from this forum, YouTube, Reddit, etc.
My delivery scheduled for 8/26. Same configuration. Hang in there! It’ll be here before you know it. I’m on page 177 of the 285 page owners manual. Gotta get busy, busy, busy. 😀

That would be brand suicide to start delivering to folks who ordered and paid a later price increase first. No one would stand for it (except folks who ordered later of course). A strategy like that would suggest they are running fumes financially so they have to grab every financially "recognizable" cash as fast as they can (in terms of accounting). They are no longer in that position. So I just don't see them logically making a sound financial decision that way. They would have to really be hurting to purposely p*&^ off customers and lose some.
@tconvert. Haven't you read about what Bull*(^% TSLA pulled on their contracted solar customers earlier this year?? They jacked everyone (w signed contracts at lower price points, mind you) by raising prices 40-80% and those people's only recourse was to get the refund of $100 order fee. They clearly do not respect their customers. Also, TSLA is apt to do stupid things routinely as their growth rates are exponential and it goes with the territory. So, we all just suck it up and deal. Sorry.

Reactions: impastu
Brooks from DragTimes just posted 0-60 in 1.96 seconds with his Signature forged wheels!

We need that extrapolated out to the 1/4 mile :)

I ordered in January and have not received my car yet. My dates keep changing daily but always in Oct and Nov. In time bud!
That is horrible and defies all explanation. While it is hard to attribute any rational basis to Tesla's process, I thought the consensus was that it was based on vehicle configuration and regional allocations (with preference to delivering cars closer to the factory at EOQ to try to grab every last sale and cent of revenue).

Not to pour salt in your wound but I have an identical configuration and if your location is correct, I also ordered my car in Orange County from the retail store at Fashion Island on May 1. After the Tesla apology email, I had a September 30-October 20 EDD but that quickly changed to 2 or 3 other date ranges all of which ended on September 30. Since we basically have the same car and are taking delivery in the same area, I have no idea what is going on.

If you are trying to look at it glass half full, I guess you are missing the end of quarter cars with crap QC that Musk warned us about.

Sorry and good luck.

Ordered Model S LR, MS, Black interior, 19" no FSD, RN1148 on May 1

Reactions: impastu
Trying to be altruistic. I have a MSP/red/black/cf/19/fsd scheduled Edd end of September as well as a red/white MSP for same range. I prefer the white interior and Will take that as long as delivery dates are pretty close. I can try and give my vin away once it’s assigned to anyone here on forums in Orange County California for the red/black/cf that wants it. I arranged through my SA way back in 2016 for a similar scenario

I have my car now!!!!

A few hiccups. They didn’t have my key fobs, the brake light on driver side has a crack, alignment issue and rubber seal issue with frunk.

Even so, my wife and i are thrilled. We drove about 800 feet, and now we are eating dinner. I have a 45 minute drive home, and then I will talk more about my experience tonight.
E2BC4B33-F38B-40B9-A0CF-33C0266A8F68.jpeg

I have my car now!!!!

A few hiccups. They didn’t have my key fobs, the brake light on driver side has a crack, alignment issue and rubber seal issue with frunk.

Even so, my wife and i are thrilled. We drove about 800 feet, and now we are eating dinner. I have a 45 minute drive home, and then I will talk more about my experience tonight.
View attachment 699214

Red is fire! 🔥♥️

But, wait a minute - I thought you were getting the peasant wheels, we had that whole talk...

My delivery scheduled for 8/26. Same configuration. Hang in there! It’ll be here before you know it. I’m on page 177 of the 285 page owners manual. Gotta get busy, busy, busy. 😀

From my “Store Leader” via email:

“ Your car is in transit and was born on the 17th of August. Current ETA shows 9/2, which may change slightly, but is our best forecast at this point.

Would you like me to get your appointment on the calendar for the 3rd-5th?”