Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No problem! I just like the idea of any performance car having CF if available. There is also the enhanced contrast of the CF with the interior color (besides black of course). Additionally, a really nice detail in the interior is the way the console trim goes all the way up and under/beside the wireless phone chargers. This detail is more easily appreciable with CF, and it just looks out of this world IMHO, with that matte/satin dry-carbon weave.

you’ve changed my mind. Gracias

Congrats on the car, man!

I think you got off easy with the Tesla shenanigans. 😂

Also, like we've been saying from the very beginning for you EV newbies, pretty much as soon as you feel that smooth linear acceleration with no shitty shifting transmission and all that, you realize that, oh yeah, this is what it should feel like. Wait until you have had this car for a few months. Going to back to gas feels like driving what I would assume it would be like to drive a model t. All these cranks and loud noises, etc.

Anyway, keep us updated on how it goes. 😉
And, that's exactly why I've kept my MY order in place (to replace my spouses >10yo Toyota 4-Runner) in about ano six mos. Tho, I do hope to have my MSLR before then, hopefully! They've tried to get me to complete the buy on the MY twice (2, TWO, yes, not once but TWICE, 2X) in the time that my MSLR order has been in place (nearly 9 mos now), and I've respectfully declined each time thinking that sweet MSLR is where I shoot off my first big wad (of money). :p

I know how I can get my car sooner. I just have to get the VIN assignment team to sort their excel spreadsheet by RN number (in ascending order).
There’s no way I don’t end up on top!
Sorry, dude, I'm RN 11386! I do wish as others have stated here that they need to get DOJO / AI / TESBOT to work on their delivery issues!

Go MSM! Once you go MSM, you won't go back! 😋 Cream/Walnut interior?
Lol yeah I have to admit MSM is growing on me, especially if I do stealth PPF to give it the matte look. My last 2 Teslas were red, so maybe time for a change?

As for the interior, I'll stick to black as I'm not a fan of light interiors - plus I have a super active lifestyle (rock climbing, mountain biking, camping, skiing, etc.) so until I become incapable of these activities, I'll stay away from white/cream interiors.

Lol yeah I have to admit MSM is growing on me, especially if I do stealth PPF to give it the matte look. My last 2 Teslas were red, so maybe time for a change?

As for the interior, I'll stick to black as I'm not a fan of light interiors - plus I have a super active lifestyle (rock climbing, mountain biking, camping, skiing, etc.) so until I become incapable of these activities, I'll stay away from white/cream interiors.
So now you're calling the light interior folks fat slobs? 😎

OMG we got a VIN and an updated delivery: August 21 - August 26!

No call yet from SC. Anybody use these guys for financing? Auto Loans | DCU Wife is active on a Tesla Diva's facebook group. Lots of positive feedback about DCU there. I think they were getting 1.7%

Red, 19" wheels, FSD, wood interior
Which color interior? Order date?

Question for those who have taken delivery - How long after taking delivery, did it take before getting your first OtA firmware update? Days, weeks, months?
I got some sort of a language pack that added Portuguese to something. That came within 5 days. However, I don’t know if those sorts of updates are treated the same as an autopilot update. I hope others respond as well

In 10 days - I AM NO VERY CONCERNED!!! THERE WAS NO CHANGE TODAY!!!!
11 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 17 Sep
12 Aug showed - 25 Aug - 14 Sep
13 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 11 Sep
14 Aug showed - 26 Aug - 8 Sep
15 Aug showed - 27 Aug - 8 Sep
16 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 8 Sep
17 Aug showed - 29 Aug - 8 Sep
18 Aug showed - 30 Aug - 8 Sep
19 Aug showed - 31 Aug - 7 Sep
20 Aug shows - 31 Aug - 7 Sep

WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???
Haven's seen any of these for quite a while! So I thought I would bring it to the fore front. BTW, Where's my car, Elon??? Wait a minute........sugar......forgot I'm waiting for the 4680's. Damn dementia! Maybe that's clear up next year when the 4680's come out?

Aww thanks Bill, appreciate the thought.

It would really not be a big deal at all, had I not been told “July” delivery and hence sold my M3P on July 31st. Silly me for trusting Tesla on that one.

But I have to admit, I AM having fun toying with the 4 different orders I now have (latest 3 placed at $100 bet each). It’s like playing with gambling money knowing I will lose it, but enjoying the entertainment.

I’m actually strongly considering the MSM Plaid with wood trim now, given its EDD is from today (!) to September 1st. Let’s see if Tesla gives it a VIN soon! Then I’ll have to fight the fight to get it price-adjusted.

More fun times ahead! :)
I'd rather go to Vegas, myself.
Think they'll do a price adj?? I seriously doubt it. Do keep us in the loop.

I'd rather go to Vegas, myself.
Think they'll do a price adj?? I seriously doubt it. Do keep us in the loop.
So I just spoke to someone at the Tesla sales. They see my "Sep 9/10/11 to Sep 29/30" orders in their internal systems as October, and the Aug 21 (today!) to Sep 1st order as September.

These dates apparently "come directly from the factory", so I expect massive delays again :rolleyes:

The rep clearly said not to trust the dates shown in our accounts. And yes, carbon fiber is the main reason for the delay of my 3 orders that have it.

If you want good build quality and money is not an issue, why not get a Taycan 4s with performance battery. 270-280 real world range, that’s close to what people are getting in their Teslas.

I don't think Tesla's build quality is bad enough to spend an additional $25K plus for a car whose tech isn't nearly as good.
Those were my same considerations (to a tee) last year. But, then again, in retrospect I should've gotten the 4S back then, driven it for a bit, and when my MSLR finally did arrive, I could've sold it. UGH 20/20 hindsight sucks.

Watched Doug demuro review of a plaid blue/white/wood on YouTube and now doubting the white/wood interior. The wood didn’t look as nice in the video as it looks like in the design studio. This decision making is driving me crazy. I’ll be so bummed if I pick up the car and not in love with interior colors. White/CF or black/CF may be the way to go
Just go get interior wrapped in CF if it kills you to have wood. Like we all used to do. Wood is so last summer! DON'T change your config or you'll go to the end of the line and have a price increase too.