Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think thatā€™s the second time Iā€™ve summoned you through a sub post. Works better than Teslaā€™s summon.
Because, for some stupid reason, I can't avoid keeping up on this thread despite already driving around in my Plaid.

But, really, the truth is I'm still tracking my January RN1143 White/Black/CF/19s order which is currently scheduled for Sept 7 - Sept 21.

That's more than most attorneys. Either you're the CPA for Warren Buffett and Elon Musk OR you're just ripping people off, lol! šŸ¤” $600/hr is like $1.2 mil / year dude. No wonder you can afford a MS LR and pay for it with cash, haha. šŸ˜œ
Most attorneys in my field bill at $800-$1,000/hr. Corporate restructuring is a niche business. I'm on the financial side. And I'm financing the LR. Rates are too cheap. Gotta keep my cash to buy Plaid emblems.

Most attorneys in my field bill at $800-$1,000/hr. Corporate restructuring is a niche business. I'm on the financial side.
I chose the wrong career, lol. šŸ¤” šŸ˜œ Nah, I'm good. Good for you though. Cheers! :cool: btw -- perhaps you should approach Tesla and see if you can help them to "restructure" their company to make it more professional and better for their customers? Perhaps they need a real COO instead of relying on E Musk to tweet sh!t (which is mostly false and/or inaccurate anyhow)? haha.

Reactions: Pdubs
So, what can really be done if we get the temp lot cars assigned to you in Oct/Nov/Dec. Not sure if there are options.... are there really/practically?
The rumor is you can decline delivery and you get the next build that matches your build and logistically makes sense. how truthful that is, is anyone guess. Not sure someone wants to try.

But thereā€™s also been zero indication that the cars are moving from that lot.

So, what can really be done if we get the temp lot cars assigned to you in Oct/Nov/Dec. Not sure if there are options.... are there really/practically?
If you get a call asking you to take a different config and the VIN is early, I would personally skip it in fear that it's been sitting outside gathering dust for a couple of months (and who knows what other issues it's had, or the reason why it's been sitting for 2-3 months without being sold, given the clearly high demand).

If it's a VIN automatically assigned to your actual order, not much you can do except inspect it at delivery and, if you see issues with it during your personal inspection, refuse to accept delivery. Feel free to use my Wiki - Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread

You can deny the delivery and then wait on another VIN assignment if that's your cup of tea. For me, if it's the same config as I have ordered, I will accept it considering the car doesn't have a bunch of issues upon delivery. I will definitely be more critical with the checklist on delivery day with a temp lot car than I will be a different one.

If you get a call asking you to take a different config and the VIN is early, I would personally skip it in fear that it's been sitting outside gathering dust for a couple of months (and who knows what other issues it's had, or the reason why it's been sitting for 2-3 months without being sold, given the clearly high demand).

If it's a VIN automatically assigned to your actual order, not much you can do except inspect it at delivery and, if you see issues with it during your personal inspection, refuse to accept delivery. Feel free to use my Wiki - Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread
For what itā€™s also worth @Tex EV took delivery of a 431 Plaid in mid-August and has zero issues with it. Said itā€™s incredible. As they say, your mileage might vary.

What do people think of the alien spaceship sound the car makes when it backs up. I am told by Tesla that this is a pedestrian safety feature. If thatā€™s true, is this new to the refresh or has this been around for a while. Neither of my prior Teslasā€™had it.

The sound reminds me of the sound the Leaderā€™s spaceship makes when the leader tries to escape in the Simpsonā€™s ā€œJoy of Sectā€ episode.
1629747066270.gif

I canā€™t find a GIF with sound.

Unsolicited call from my SA today asking why I have two nearly identical plaid orders. As if heā€™s living under a rock and hasnā€™t heard of all the delays. Anyway, explained situation and then he said finishing financing would put me to front of line for California builds that will occur in September. Then I told him I did that with my model X order in February and still have no car. He apologized and said just submit as a cash order and then call him immediately once vin is in and then he will switch me to financing. Weā€™ll see what happens.

What do people think of the alien spaceship sound the car makes when it backs up. I am told by Tesla that this is a pedestrian safety feature. If thatā€™s true, is this new to the refresh or has this been around for a while. Neither of my prior Teslasā€™had it.

The sound reminds me of the sound the Leaderā€™s spaceship makes when the leader tries to escape in the Simpsonā€™s ā€œJoy of Sectā€ episode.
View attachment 700477
I canā€™t find a GIF with sound.
The fed gov mandated this on all new electric cars. I think it started a year or so ago?