Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 700497
These cars are at atlanta, GA DC in Alpharetta. 3 of them had build dates on May 2021. Also 424*** im thinking vins. They were way off of my 439*** vin arriving this week. So i would think they were either temp lot cars or maybe built in May and stored somewhere else. All had 21’s and sure glad none were mine.
424 versus 431 (let’s say) at the delivery event. Where is ~6000 cars sitting? Something is off.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Need some advice.
Had a Plaid on pre-order back on original announcement. I was reached out to in first batch and asked if I wanted to take delivery and I said no… My wife wasn’t ready and she wanted to keep our Mini Cooper until summer ended. Said I’d like to take delivery in September but wanted to test drive one. I’m ready to just skip my original request to test drive one now and just get the agreement rolling. The Fremont factory rep who asked me to call him back when I’m ready to order isn’t picking my call. No idea when that agreement is going to go from being grey and am now without a car (mini is dead). Wondering if there’s a person, place, or thing I can nudge now to get the ball rolling…

Need some advice.
Had a Plaid on pre-order back on original announcement. I was reached out to in first batch and asked if I wanted to take delivery and I said no… My wife wasn’t ready and she wanted to keep our Mini Cooper until summer ended. Said I’d like to take delivery in September but wanted to test drive one. I’m ready to just skip my original request to test drive one now and just get the agreement rolling. The Fremont factory rep who asked me to call him back when I’m ready to order isn’t picking my call. No idea when that agreement is going to go from being grey and am now without a car (mini is dead). Wondering if there’s a person, place, or thing I can nudge now to get the ball rolling…
Hate to say it, but Tesla.com and order one. Really do not think you are going to get an ‘priority’. It’s not clear from your post if you still have your order or if you cancelled it.

You might go to a delivery center and say you are willing to take any reject if you truly do not care what the configuration is.

I don't think calling local is an option. I know @Cysco tried when his was in broken glass limbo. I've been using the re-routed method (mixed results - only know what the computer tells them) as well as my assigned LA (seems to be more in the know, but responses are delayed a bit - to be fair I mainly email).
Blikblik is right. Unless you have the personal number of someone who works at your local center, you are going to have to go through the central call center every time. It’s a horrible system. I would have to call the central number. Tell them my question. Then they’d relay my question to the local deliver center and a local person would call me. “Hey would you mind if I call you directly to follow up later this week?” Sorry, we don’t have a direct number to our location. :-/

Most attorneys in my field bill at $800-$1,000/hr. Corporate restructuring is a niche business. I'm on the financial side. And I'm financing the LR. Rates are too cheap. Gotta keep my cash to buy Plaid emblems.
Yeah, our first year associates bill out at around $600/hr. Partners are $1,000 - $2,000/hr.

Pretty much every top 25 law firm in the country has rates like that now I would say. I'm personally in leveraged finance. Litigators are sometimes a little lower on an hourly basis because they can put thousands of hours on a matter, but tax guys are often the highest.
Yes, I'm a lawyer and this year my rate is $1,100 - $1,300/hr depending on the matter. I've been doing it a long time now though.
I've definitely seen those rates. Not in Georgia, but I've seen them. I have my own firm and reduced my rate from $795 when I was at an international consulting firm. Kirkland and Weil have some of the higher rates that I encounter. Senior partners push $1,700. Never seen $2,000 though.

I've definitely seen those rates. Not in Georgia, but I've seen them. I have my own firm and reduced my rate from $795 when I was at an international consulting firm. Kirkland and Weil have some of the higher rates that I encounter. Senior partners push $1,700. Never seen $2,000 though.
Considering the amount of time you're on TMC, I would say your clients are getting cheated for their $600/hr, lol! 😜 j/k

Oh my god. It’s happening. 2 days order to VIN

Attachments

• 09CCB01C-0D70-49E5-9707-BBF7A3A2961A.jpeg
    09CCB01C-0D70-49E5-9707-BBF7A3A2961A.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 77