Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am excited as I received the following via delivery from Signature Wheel today. I will be replacing my 19's with these 21" SV309s. While my EDD is still showing February, the render Jamie prepared for me will have to do until the car gets here:

Attachments

• Signature Wheel 2.jpg
    Signature Wheel 2.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Signature Wheel 4.jpg
    Signature Wheel 4.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Signature Wheel - All Four Wheels.JPG
    Signature Wheel - All Four Wheels.JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Signature Wheel - Render of Plaid SV309s.jpg
    Signature Wheel - Render of Plaid SV309s.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 62
19" tire update: I can confirm that the LR with 19s I saw had "Y" tires per photo.

However, I was told by Tesla without any doubt that all MS 19's will have all season tires.

Maybe this is one off vehicle?

View attachment 700542
I don't know who you mean by "told by Tesla", but my Plaid came with summer tires for the 19s, and so has every delivery I've heard/seen here. By the way, did you mean LR, or any MS? I think it is still *possible* that some LRs, by region/ time of year, might get AS. But, looks very unlikely.

I don't know who you mean by "told by Tesla", but my Plaid came with summer tires for the 19s, and so has every delivery I've heard/seen here. By the way, did you mean LR, or any MS? I think it is still *possible* that some LRs, by region/ time of year, might get AS. But, looks very unlikely.
I think the theory is that MS Plaids with 19s will all come with summer tires (which has been the case on those delivered so far) and LR with 19s may come with A/S. No one has a LR with 19s yet (that I know of) so it will become clear shortly as they are rolling out. That aligns with Tesla listing both Summer and A/S version of the 19s.

@MAHahh congrats on delivery! Could you share some pics, inside and out? You have my exact config (except plaid vs LR) and I haven’t seen it yet. I’m starting to have second thoughts given my late EDD (I’m worried about the new Canadian luxury tax on 1 Jan that will add over $6K in taxes alone). I’m seriously considering settling for an M3P, I need a reminder why I should stick with the S and hope for delivery Q4 😊
Sorry, tied up at work today. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Like everyone else keeps saying, once you get the car, you'll love it, and wonder how you could have considered anything else.

Went into Tesla showroom and service center and asked. SA told me all MS LR 19s (here) will have all season tires. Did not specifically ask about Plaid.

Happy Monday Everyone! Got my Plaid Friday afternoon and drove it a good deal over the weekend. Figured I'd post my initial impressions:

Overall:
This is hands down the best car ever made. It's like Tesla built a time machine and went forward to 2055 and brought this car back with them. The combination of performance and technology is truly mind blowing.

Performance:
Otherworldly. For those of you like me who haven't owned a Tesla before, nothing prepares you for what this car can do. The best way I could describe it to my dad was that it is like driving a life-sized slot car. Unlimited acceleration. One of my other cars is a 50th anniversary 911. I drove that briefly yesterday. It felt like a dinosaur. What's most amazing about this car is that it's so approachable. I was afraid of it at first thinking it was going to eat my face off, but just driving around normal, it is incredibly civilized. Then, when you make the conscious decision to bury the accelerator a little... There goes your face.

Quality:
Near Flawless. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, but this particular car is basically flawless. I spent a good hour going over the car trying to find something wrong with it. Panel gaps? As close to perfect as one could hope for. Paint flaws? None. Overspray? there was a drip of red paint on the driver's door handle when extended. I'm confident I can get that off. On the inside the seat bolsters have the "wrinkles" along the seam of the bolsters like most do. The driver's airbag has a slight "worm" in it as most do. There are couple places where gasket seal around the door isn't perfectly flush. My car arrived from CA with a cracked windshield that the local Dallas service center insisted on replacing before giving me the car. Perhaps they took extra care in prepping the car before delivering it to me? I don't know, but the overall quality of this particular car exceeded my expectations.

Exterior Looks:
If you want to peacock, buy RED. This thing is a head turner. Received a ton of complements on it over the weekend and caught plenty of people pointing at it on the road. You know the car looks good when you catch people speeding up to get a look at it. The black accents work so well on the red paint. Makes the car super aggressive looking. I think it's the color to go with that complements the car's performance most. (though admittedly I'm a little biased.)

Interior Looks:
The combination of Cream and Carbon Fiber is epic. I was surprised by how light the cream interior was. It's more of an off white than tan. The carbon fiber trim is incredibly nice. It looks/feels "expensive" and is the perfect complement to the black piping on the seats. If you're on the fence or tempted to accept a wood car, hold your ground. the CF is so worth it with the cream interior. FWIW, the SA that delivered my car said it was the best looking build for a new model S he'd seen. He was in love with it. I agree with him.

Technology:
This should go without saying but the amount of tech in the car is just comical. The center screen is stunning and incredibly responsive. I've had no issues navigating thought all the UI. It's pretty intuitive and easy to get through. For whatever reason, it took over 100 miles of driving to get the cameras to calibrate. Maybe I wasn't doing enough highway driving. It had gotten to the point where I thought something was wrong with the cameras but all the calibration finished yesterday afternoon while on a major highway.

The Yoke:
I don't see what the big deal is. It's "fine". Took me a day to acclimate to it, but it's pretty second nature now. Is it better than a wheel? Nah. Is it worse? I don't know, marginally? Does it add to the "damn this car is ridiculous" nature of the car? Absolutely. The only complaint I have about the yoke are the turn signal buttons. They are awkward. I have brushed them numerous times while reaching for the thumb wheel. Historically, I'd say I very good with signalling on the road, signalling probably 95% of my lane changes/turns. With the buttons, I got lazy real quick. It was just easier to change lanes than to mess with the buttons. Oh, and the horn button is the worst. I had someone blow a red light friday night nearly hitting us. I slammed that airbag with my hand so hard. I can't imagine ever getting used to having to press that little button.

TLDR:
I waited 6-months for this car and felt the same frustration that most of you have with regards to the wait and lack of communication from Tesla. All that frustration went away the moment I drove the car. This thing is incredible and seriously the best car I've ever driven. (to the point that the 911 will be going up for sale). I've gotten a taste of what the future of cars is and I like it, a lot. I can't imagine ever purchasing a non-EV at this point. I hope all of you have as good of luck with your cars as I had with mine.
^ This. Even with a different config (so some comments above don't apply), I have to agree with all that. I guess I'm just lucky, but had a great experience, and a great car at delivery. (With three of us examining it carefully, and using the checklists, only found a couple minor things, which were immediately fixed. )

I think the theory is that MS Plaids with 19s will all come with summer tires (which has been the case on those delivered so far) and LR with 19s may come with A/S. No one has a LR with 19s yet (that I know of) so it will become clear shortly as they are rolling out. That aligns with Tesla listing both Summer and A/S version of the 19s.
Picking mine up Wednesday or Thursday. SA told me it would have AS. Will keep everyone posted.

The magic 7-day window finally appears for one of my orders!

RN113953xxx ordered 9/22/2020 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 9-29
RN115453xxx ordered 8/8/2021 Plaid/red/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 10-30
RN115507xxx ordered 8/17/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/wood/19 EDD Aug 24-31
RN115525xxx ordered 8/19/2021 Plaid/msm/blk/CF/19 EDD Sep 11-30

What does the latest @jebinc theorem say about how soon to expect a VIN?
All my orders have held steady EDDs today, including the one that has a one-week window.

I thought i’d be getting a VIN for that one today, but no dice. I’m hoping it happens tomorrow!

I’ll be a tad befuddled if, living in Florida, they stock it with all seasons.

This pretty much sums up the current state of affairs with the abysmal Tesla customer service. o_O

"Tesla and Elon Musk fan and frontman of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young David Crosby said he has been lied to four times about the delivery date of his electric car, and he is considering taking his business to Porsche if it does not get sorted out.

Crosby is one of the most notable vocal Tesla fans with celebrity status. He has followed Teslarati for some time and says he is an Elon fan. However, Crosby has been waiting for his new Tesla for seven months, and while the company has admittedly struggled with a growing backlog of orders and limited production capacity at its U.S. plant in Fremont, California, the rocker is considering a Porsche instead. It seems Crosby is most upset with the customer service, as his delivery date has not been finalized and it has been changed on several occasions."

View attachment 699818
Love CSN&Y. 4 way street is one of my favorite albums.
I have been waiting for over 8 months.
"good things come to those who wait"
(Wow I almost went into the liver transplant thing)
I will duck now....