Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F34C0E47-A3D8-485A-895B-34DB1D78E851.gif

For those taking delivery - Check your tire pressure! May be high, lower or unbalanced!

Part 2: What pressure are you running with the 19s? With the 21s? Front and back the same, or lower in the rear for added grip and thrust?

Edit: Cold, I’m running 41 psi up front and 39 psi in the rear.
Mine was delivered with 53-55psi on 21s.

An embarrassing and cautionary tale:

As I prepared for delivery this week, at the end of last week I went onto my Tesla account to set up a bank transfer to use after inspecting the car. I did this last year for my wife's MY. At that time I had to do some setup to enable the transfer in advance, so I assumed that was what I was going to be asked for when I clicked on the make payment button initially. However, to my surprise, it did not take me to a new page to set up the account and routing numbers, but instead immediately did a payment to Tesla using the account I used last year for the full $144K purchase price. To say that I was surprised (and other emotions I won't relate!) is an understatement. I called the Tesla SA here in town, and they said to have the bank stop the ACH if possible. Tesla couldn't stop it on their end, although they could refund it after it showed up in their account formally. My bank put in an ACH stop, but the way they work is that the amount gets removed from your account, then a day or two later it is put back in. That happened today, so I am good. Interestingly, aside from not wanting to pay before inspecting, I also was a Sept 2020 reservation holder, and when converted from Plaid + to Plaid in May, I was told I'd get the benefit of the 8K FSD price, and that would be reflected 2 days before pickup. That hadn't happened when I made my payment, so I am in the enviable spot now of having my Tesla account show I've paid, and am due an overpayment refund of 2140. I assume that the Tesla account will update before delivery, but it is nice to pretend I'll get a free Tesla plus $2140. If that happens I can assure you that I won't share that info with you :).

Anyway, if you have paid Tesla via ACH in the past, beware! Your attempt to confirm your account is set up for payment may result in what happened to me. The only residual effect is that my wife now has 10-20 years of 'drop dead' comments to me if I pick on her for making a thoughtless mistake.

M.

For those of you with September EDD that contacted an SA and found their system actually indicates October EDD, did any of you have an early-to-mid September EDD? Has your EDD been fairly stable on your account page, or was it shifting frequently?

I have had a 05-Sep - 19-Sep EDD for 5 days (had been changing every couple of days) - trying to figure out if there are any patterns to this discrepancy between our account page and Tesla’s internal system that the SAs use.

An embarrassing and cautionary tale:

As I prepared for delivery this week, at the end of last week I went onto my Tesla account to set up a bank transfer to use after inspecting the car. I did this last year for my wife's MY. At that time I had to do some setup to enable the transfer in advance, so I assumed that was what I was going to be asked for when I clicked on the make payment button initially. However, to my surprise, it did not take me to a new page to set up the account and routing numbers, but instead immediately did a payment to Tesla using the account I used last year for the full $144K purchase price. To say that I was surprised (and other emotions I won't relate!) is an understatement. I called the Tesla SA here in town, and they said to have the bank stop the ACH if possible. Tesla couldn't stop it on their end, although they could refund it after it showed up in their account formally. My bank put in an ACH stop, but the way they work is that the amount gets removed from your account, then a day or two later it is put back in. That happened today, so I am good. Interestingly, aside from not wanting to pay before inspecting, I also was a Sept 2020 reservation holder, and when converted from Plaid + to Plaid in May, I was told I'd get the benefit of the 8K FSD price, and that would be reflected 2 days before pickup. That hadn't happened when I made my payment, so I am in the enviable spot now of having my Tesla account show I've paid, and am due an overpayment refund of 2140. I assume that the Tesla account will update before delivery, but it is nice to pretend I'll get a free Tesla plus $2140. If that happens I can assure you that I won't share that info with you :).

Anyway, if you have paid Tesla via ACH in the past, beware! Your attempt to confirm your account is set up for payment may result in what happened to me. The only residual effect is that my wife now has 10-20 years of 'drop dead' comments to me if I pick on her for making a thoughtless mistake.

M.
If you get a free Tesla, you have to take us all out to dinner! I hope your delivery goes smoothly.

For those of you with September EDD that contacted an SA and found their system actually indicates October EDD, did any of you have an early-to-mid September EDD? Has your EDD been fairly stable on your account page, or was it shifting frequently?

I have had a 05-Sep - 19-Sep EDD for 5 days (had been changing every couple of days) - trying to figure out if there are any patterns to this discrepancy between our account page and Tesla’s internal system that the SAs use.
My last conversation ending on this topic was interesting:

SA: “I have a black/black/21 Plaid for you”
Me: “What are the last 6 of the VIN?”
SA: “430…”
Me: “No thanks, I’ll wait. Besides, one of my order has an EDD of Aug 24-31”.
SA: “Oh which RN is that?”
Me: “11550….”
SA: “Oh interesting, my internal system shows September for that order”
Me: “Interesting indeed. What should I trust then?”
SA: “I would go by what’s showing in your account, that’s probably more accurate.”
Me: “…..”

Wow.

So, for anyone (especially with build like mine with white seats & carbon fiber interior trim), you may also be disappointed like I am this morning. After 6+ months of waiting after my order & RN 1144xxx on 2/5/21, my account changed this morning from Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 to 10/6/21 - 10/26/21. So much for EOQ Rush and getting my MS Plaid by the end of Sept. I really thought Tesla was somehow doing a run of white (and red?) MS Plaids/LRs with white seats and cf trim now to get delivered by the end of the 3rd QTR as my Tesla account has been quite steady with end of Sept est delivery for the past 2 weeks...until today. And now with a mid Oct est delivery, I feel they could easily push it back to Nov or Dec or worse! Ugh, this is getting painful to say the least. :(

My last conversation ending on this topic was interesting:

SA: “I have a black/black/21 Plaid for you”
Me: “What are the last 6 of the VIN?”
SA: “430…”
Me: “No thanks, I’ll wait. Besides, one of my order has an EDD of Aug 24-31”.
SA: “Oh which RN is that?”
Me: “11550….”
SA: “Oh interesting, my internal system shows September for that order”
Me: “Interesting indeed. What should I trust then?”
SA: “I would go by what’s showing in your account, that’s probably more accurate.”
Me: “…..”

Wow.
Did you get your VIN for the one estimated to arrive this week? What are you going to do with your other reservations?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

See my post just after yours...

So, for anyone (especially with build like mine with white seats & carbon fiber interior trim), you may also be disappointed like I am this morning. After 6+ months of waiting after my order & RN 1144xxx on 2/5/21, my account changed this morning from Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 to 10/6/21 - 10/26/21. So much for EOQ Rush and getting my MS Plaid by the end of Sept. I really thought Tesla was somehow doing a run of white (and red?) MS Plaids/LRs with white seats and cf trim now to get delivered by the end of the 3rd QTR as my Tesla account has been quite steady with end of Sept est delivery for the past 2 weeks...until today. And now with a mid Oct est delivery, I feel they could easily push it back to Nov or Dec or worse! Ugh, this is getting painful to say the least. :(

Reactions: StiTChEs37
Did you get your VIN for the one estimated to arrive this week? What are you going to do with your other reservations?
Nope, still waiting on that VIN. The EDD hasn’t changed in two days, so I expect the VIN to drop any time now (today would be convenient as my 1.24% loan offer expires at the end of the day).

As for my other orders, I’ll have to see if I want to take this VIN or wait for a different config. There’s also the issue of pricing that I’ll need to address with Tesla.