Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I charged my

Last night I charged my Plaid to 100% for the first time since I’ve owned the car. (2 months.) It showed 348 miles of range with no fan, AC or otherwise, coming on. I had turnEd off the AC the night before. What I did notice that when I drove the brake regeneration was definitely reduced. I understand that the refreshed S’s no longer have a brake regeneration adjustment setting but it certainly adjusted down when the battery was full. Apparently this has been the case with Tesla for a while but I thought I’d confirm it still happens with our refreshed cars.
Yeah, I don’t see how the regen braking could be operating while there is a full battery. Expected behavior. 👍

Last night I charged my

Last night I charged my Plaid to 100% for the first time since I’ve owned the car. (2 months.) It showed 348 miles of range with no fan, AC or otherwise, coming on. I had turnEd off the AC the night before. What I did notice that when I drove the brake regeneration was definitely reduced. I understand that the refreshed S’s no longer have a brake regeneration adjustment setting but it certainly adjusted down when the battery was full. Apparently this has been the case with Tesla for a while but I thought I’d confirm it still happens with our refreshed cars.
I can confirm when I woke up this morning, with a 100% charge, I had a note on my app that brake regen was reduced.

For those of you with September EDD that contacted an SA and found their system actually indicates October EDD, did any of you have an early-to-mid September EDD? Has your EDD been fairly stable on your account page, or was it shifting frequently?

I have had a 05-Sep - 19-Sep EDD for 5 days (had been changing every couple of days) - trying to figure out if there are any patterns to this discrepancy between our account page and Tesla’s internal system that the SAs use.
My Sept 17-30 EDD changed once from Sept 16-30. SA says his internal system indicates sometime in Oct.

Do NOT have a VIN yet,

Aug 10 it updated to Aug 23-Spet 12

Aug 24 Updated to Aug 25-Sept 12.
You are in "California". A VIN to delivery is potentially a 24 to 48 hour process. Your estimated delivery extends for another two and a half weeks. Not unheard of to not have a VIN yet. But I understand, not a great feeling either. At least you are close. Until Tesla crushes your dreams.

@2021plaid will come along and pump some positivity into things.

Do NOT have a VIN yet,

Aug 10 it updated to Aug 23-Spet 12

Aug 24 Updated to Aug 25-Sept 12.
You are in "California". A VIN to delivery is potentially a 24 to 48 hour process. Your estimated delivery extends for another two and a half weeks. Not unheard of to not have a VIN yet. But I understand, not a great feeling either. At least you are close. Until Tesla crushes your dreams.

Actually there is something to be positive about here. Your dates narrowed so that's always good. It is good to take those pre-VIN EDDs with a grain of salt though.

Good point! My Plaid will be at the detailer for two weeks, so guess I’ll make sure he plugs into a 110v for trickle charging while it sits there.
You have nothing to worry about. That car could sit for several weeks at a starting charge of 80% or more with no problem. No need for anxiety at all if you are going to let it sit for a month or less. Just don't use sentry mode.

Found a nice home for my Echo Auto! Works perfectly with any console configuration. Even all closed up!

65C4D993-DE41-4639-B5F9-59A4D4F1DEE8.jpeg

Attachments

• 6ED2504F-E2D9-4AF3-A4C1-4B3876E4D9B2.jpeg
    6ED2504F-E2D9-4AF3-A4C1-4B3876E4D9B2.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 1D4625C5-9726-41E9-9F96-F54C39EC9C55.jpeg
    1D4625C5-9726-41E9-9F96-F54C39EC9C55.jpeg
    502.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 3AE8EFEE-D675-47AD-B4BA-815762087532.jpeg
    3AE8EFEE-D675-47AD-B4BA-815762087532.jpeg
    540.6 KB · Views: 66

What do you make of my Aug 24-31 EDD since Sunday with no VIN? I’m picking up at the factory.

You have nothing to worry about. That car could sit for several weeks at a starting charge of 80% or more with no problem. No need for anxiety at all if you are going to let it sit for a month or less. Just don't use sentry mode.
Normally on my existing Model S with baked firmware, I absolutely agree. But until I feel slightly more confident about this very raw alpha build on the refreshes no longer keeping the car awake for long durations at a time (including overnight), I am going to have the mobile cord there. Easy peasy.

Picked my my S yesterday! The yoke is incredible. I don’t see that big of a change, maybe because I already had hand positions that were similar 🤷‍♂️.

Couple thoughts:
1. No flaws that I saw. I mean I combed over the car pretty well and had my list of things to look for and everything really was great. I was actually not expecting that based on what many people were saying. not even any misaligned edges. Very pleasantly surprised.
2. It’s fast. Really fast. I think what makes it so surprising coming from an ICE is the fact there are no gear changes that you feel a little pull back as you go faster. It just keeps going faster. The only word to describe it is how the speed mode calls it “insane”. It truly is.
3. I will say, I’m 6’5”. And it would be nice if the seat would go down lower. It goes back enough, but if it were a bit lower, that would be great.
4. I’m not a fan of the suede parts of the interior up around the frame. It should be the faux leather. Maybe there’s a reason? Who knows.
5. My trunk didn’t come with the flat part the covers the bottom of the trunk, so it’s just one big open space. They ordered it and it should be in within a week or two. Not a big deal.
6. my car had 6 miles on it. Someone said they had 39 miles when they took delivery. I just said that to give perspective.
7. the front license plate holder is going to be removed. It’s put on with adhesive and not bolted on, so it can easily be removed. I can’t wait for that. It’ll look awesome without it being on.
8. First time with the regen brakes. It took a few tries to get used to it as I slowly let my foot off the gas to slow down as opposed to pulling my foot off and the car jerking to a stop. But once I got used to it, it’s amazing and I will only use the brake pedal probably 10% of the time. If that. I rarely used it driving around. It’s awesome.

I only had my car for a few hours and I dropped it off for ppf/tint/ceramic. Now it’s gone for a week 😔

Some people were talking about ppf costs, tint, etc. top of the line ceramic tint including full clear ceramic tint on the front windshield $600. $400 if I didn’t do the front windshield.

here is a breakdown of what I had done for ppf:
1. Everything in front of the side mirrors, including the full hood wrap and headlights.
2. the side mirrors and all 4 doors down to the bottom of the car.
3. that back of the car by the wheel wells since they stick out.

I also did full ceramic on the entire car. Wheels included. The brand new fusion Ceramic. Idk what it’s called, supposedly it’s good 🤷‍♂️

the entire cost all in for tint, ppf, ceramic, taxes, everything was $5,065. The place is one of the highest volume places in the country and their work is incredible.

Anyway, I wish I had more. I only had the car for 3 hours 😂.

Attachments

• 6125DAB1-06FE-4B2B-B380-FAB9B7255B31.jpeg
    6125DAB1-06FE-4B2B-B380-FAB9B7255B31.jpeg
    860.2 KB · Views: 57
Picked my my S yesterday! The yoke is incredible. I don’t see that big of a change, maybe because I already had hand positions that were similar 🤷‍♂️.

Couple thoughts:
1. No flaws that I saw. I mean I combed over the car pretty well and had my list of things to look for and everything really was great. I was actually not expecting that based on what many people were saying. not even any misaligned edges. Very pleasantly surprised.
2. It’s fast. Really fast. I think what makes it so surprising coming from an ICE is the fact there are no gear changes that you feel a little pull back as you go faster. It just keeps going faster. The only word to describe it is how the speed mode calls it “insane”. It truly is.
3. I will say, I’m 6’5”. And it would be nice if the seat would go down lower. It goes back enough, but if it were a bit lower, that would be great.
4. I’m not a fan of the suede parts of the interior up around the frame. It should be the faux leather. Maybe there’s a reason? Who knows.
5. My trunk didn’t come with the flat part the covers the bottom of the trunk, so it’s just one big open space. They ordered it and it should be in within a week or two. Not a big deal.
6. my car had 6 miles on it. Someone said they had 39 miles when they took delivery. I just said that to give perspective.
7. the front license plate holder is going to be removed. It’s put on with adhesive and not bolted on, so it can easily be removed. I can’t wait for that. It’ll look awesome without it being on.
8. First time with the regen brakes. It took a few tries to get used to it as I slowly let my foot off the gas to slow down as opposed to pulling my foot off and the car jerking to a stop. But once I got used to it, it’s amazing and I will only use the brake pedal probably 10% of the time. If that. I rarely used it driving around. It’s awesome.

I only had my car for a few hours and I dropped it off for ppf/tint/ceramic. Now it’s gone for a week 😔

Some people were talking about ppf costs, tint, etc. top of the line ceramic tint including full clear ceramic tint on the front windshield $600. $400 if I didn’t do the front windshield.

here is a breakdown of what I had done for ppf:
1. Everything in front of the side mirrors, including the full hood wrap and headlights.
2. the side mirrors and all 4 doors down to the bottom of the car.
3. that back of the car by the wheel wells since they stick out.

I also did full ceramic on the entire car. Wheels included. The brand new fusion Ceramic. Idk what it’s called, supposedly it’s good 🤷‍♂️

the entire cost all in for tint, ppf, ceramic, taxes, everything was $5,065. The place is one of the highest volume places in the country and their work is incredible.

Anyway, I wish I had more. I only had the car for 3 hours 😂.
Congrats, and thanks for the detailed review! What are the 3 digits after MF in your VIN?

I know I shouldn't pay attention to EDDs but the apology email tricked me. Overnight my EDD changed from September 20-30 to September 30 to October 20. Oh well, I am remodeling the garage for the Tesla and we discovered a potential foundation issue cleaning out 20+ years of junk so we might need more time anyway (glass half full?).

Another Monday to Tuesday update/change in EDD.

MS LR, MS with black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered 5/1

The exact same thing - they could produce your car August 29th, give you a VIN, prep your car and assigned a delivery date of August 31st at 10PM. And they still meet the current window.
Totally agreed it's possible. I'm just wondering if, over 48 hours of getting a 7-day EDD range, I still don't have a VIN, that breaks the @jebinc theorem..

Totally agreed it's possible. I'm just wondering if, over 48 hours of getting a 7-day EDD range, I still don't have a VIN, that breaks the @jebinc theorem..
I recall that his "theory" was just for Seattle / Washington deliveries. Sure, you are still west coast and it could apply and others are looking at applying it to their deliveries as well. But I think that theory built in logistics time - which is significantly less for California deliveries or non-existent for your factory pickup.

My last conversation ending on this topic was interesting:

SA: “I have a black/black/21 Plaid for you”
Me: “What are the last 6 of the VIN?”
SA: “430…”
Me: “No thanks, I’ll wait. Besides, one of my order has an EDD of Aug 24-31”.
SA: “Oh which RN is that?”
Me: “11550….”
SA: “Oh interesting, my internal system shows September for that order”
Me: “Interesting indeed. What should I trust then?”
SA: “I would go by what’s showing in your account, that’s probably more accurate.”
Me: “…..”

Wow.
considering the chronic lying we are reading about on the forum....I suspect the answer was to make you feel better and get you off the line....

Any long time Tesla owners want to give their two cents on this?

I charged my LR to 100% last night. I scheduled it to coincide with the time I planned to leave. When I came out to the garage, a loud fan, that sounded like a plastic fan blade rubbing against something, was running. When I opened the door, the fan stopped. My initial thought was that I somehow left the car in a temp mode that kept the AC running all night. I closed the door, and the fan started again. I opened the driver side door and it stopped again. I got in the car and closed the door. The fan did not turn on.

Now I am thinking it is some kind of cooling fan for the recently max charged batteries. Is this fan noticeably loud, or should I mention this to service?
Did you set the "Ready to go by..." time? I believe that this setting isn't just establishing an end time for the charging but it is turning on the climate control ahead of your planned departure time.