Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man
Just got notification of vin assignment and to make final payment. Wasn't expecting it (EDD hasn't moved in over a week). Need to sell my other car asap and get financing in place, so I'm actually hoping for a Sept delivery date atm.

RN 1152, Plaid Blue/black/CF/21 EDD 8/31-9/11
VIN MF4400
Dallas
Man. Same config RN 1145, EDD 08/24-09/09 and no VIN yet. Assuming the whole today delivery is not happening lol

jebinc What is that between the cup holders? Is it supposed to come with the car? Mine just has a gap beteen the cup holes.
@Bull No, that's a "custom-made" 3D printed (and painted MSM to match car) insert I transferred from my MSM M3+ to MSM Plaid.

cup.jpg
😜

Anyone else find that you’re checking your EDD more frequently when it hasn’t updated for a few days?

Ever since Tesla Apology Email day when many of us started to get frequent updates, I’m finding an inverse correlation between the frequency of EDD updates and frequency of me checking…. Over the past couple weeks when it was updating every couple of days I probably used to check once or twice a day… now I’m checking once or twice an hour… each time bracing for disappointing news, while secretly hoping it stays the same or tightens up….

🤫🤫🤫 - Don’t tell my work 😬

Ok 8/14 we got a VIN (MF4397) and an updated delivery: August 21 - August 26

The next week the dates narrowed to 21-24 Late in the week it changed to 22-26.

On 8/21 (no car) range narrowed to 22-25.

8/22 morning received email from Portland OR SC telling us that we should expect delivery in a couple of days. At that time EDD was still 22-25. By that evening it changed to 8/23-8/26

On 8/23 ranged moved to August 24 - August 27 No more communication with SC, no car. We'll see if the ranged moves to 25-26 this evening or tomorrow.

We are taking delivery in Portland OR and I assume the car is still in route somewhere on I-5. Not sure how long it takes to finish predelivery inspection and last min stuff. And I know there are other cars that arrived before ours. Maybe by the end of the week? Not sure what Tesla gods we need to make sacrifices to but at this point I'm willing to give up the wife's cat to get this finally done. She is probably willing to do without me. One less person to share the car with. Ahhh too dark, too much information. Yes it's been hard waiting. The cat really doesn't give a @#$.

BTW I did finally go by the Porsche dealership (Sat) to get that out of the back of my mind. Probably why we got the SC message on Sun. Just was not impressed with anything. Display, rear storage was not very good. Trunk opening was really narrow (and small) like a M3. I actually wondered if grocery bags would stand up. $150k and only 250 miles I don't begrudge anyone going that route but it's not for me.

So if you're tired of waiting just go by your local Porsche dealer and ask a few questions. Tesla will call about your car within 24 hrs!

Ok 8/14 we got a VIN (MF4397) and an updated delivery: August 21 - August 26

The next week the dates narrowed to 21-24 Late in the week it changed to 22-26.

On 8/21 (no car) range narrowed to 22-25.

8/22 morning received email from Portland OR SC telling us that we should expect delivery in a couple of days. At that time EDD was still 22-25. By that evening it changed to 8/23-8/26

On 8/23 ranged moved to August 24 - August 27 No more communication with SC, no car. We'll see if the ranged moves to 25-26 this evening or tomorrow.

We are taking delivery in Portland OR and I assume the car is still in route somewhere on I-5. Not sure how long it takes to finish predelivery inspection and last min stuff. And I know there are other cars that arrived before ours. Maybe by the end of the week? Not sure what Tesla gods we need to make sacrifices to but at this point I'm willing to give up the wife's cat to get this finally done. She is probably willing to do without me. One less person to share the car with. Ahhh too dark, too much information. Yes it's been hard waiting. The cat really doesn't give a @#$.

BTW I did finally go by the Porsche dealership (Sat) to get that out of the back of my mind. Probably why we got the SC message on Sun. Just was not impressed with anything. Display, rear storage was not very good. Trunk opening was really narrow (and small) like a M3. I actually wondered if grocery bags would stand up. $150k and only 250 miles I don't begrudge anyone going that route but it's not for me.

So if you're tired of waiting just go by your local Porsche dealer and ask a few questions. Tesla will call about your car within 24 hrs!
Funny how we all go there :p I have been looking at the Taycan too lol Too much more money for not much more car.

Anyone else okay with waiting until October for delivery, especially IF Tesla pushes out the new UI s/w that fixes all the bugs and unlocks everything like ANC, 163mph speed limit — 200mph max, etc? I mean, I’ve been waiting so f’ing long as is, so what’s an additional 3-4 weeks IF they send me my MS Plaid with the new s/w right? What are the chances? Thoughts? 🤔 Btw - I’m not holding my breath on this; just trying to be positive and hopeful. The new s/w updates probably won’t come until at least the end of the year at best….that’s what I’m really thinking but ya never know.

Reactions: Tigers and impastu
that's an odd VIN to be issued. Mine was issued a week ago VIN 5YJSA1E54MF439 you've got a 435.
Took delivery of my MSLR today! My VIN appeared on Sunday all of a sudden with EDD of Aug 22-25 and no communication from SA so I called yesterday to get some clarification on actual pickup date and she told me my car is already at the location. I immediately rush over to SC and see my car sitting there, so I asked if I could take delivery of it today and they agreed. Sticker shows birthdate of 06/21 so I don’t know what to think of that, but car is perfectly fine inside and outside.

Attachments

• 18926427-C2AA-4DD5-81C6-EC633599B157.jpeg
    18926427-C2AA-4DD5-81C6-EC633599B157.jpeg
    788.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 950A6915-64B2-4E83-BD3B-DC628F2E202C.jpeg
    950A6915-64B2-4E83-BD3B-DC628F2E202C.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 61
  • BDA7D8BC-3FE3-4F74-9198-0D42BECA5B0F.jpeg
    BDA7D8BC-3FE3-4F74-9198-0D42BECA5B0F.jpeg
    859.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 952DB655-716E-46F5-A9C1-B8DCBAE4CF17.jpeg
    952DB655-716E-46F5-A9C1-B8DCBAE4CF17.jpeg
    845.2 KB · Views: 49
Anyone else okay with waiting until October for delivery, especially IF Tesla pushes out the new UI s/w that fixes all the bugs and unlocks everything like ANC, 163mph speed limit — 200mph max, etc? I mean, I’ve been waiting so f’ing long as is, so what’s an additional 3-4 weeks IF they send me my MS Plaid with the new s/w right? What are the chances? Thoughts? 🤔 Btw - I’m not holding my breath on this; just trying to be positive and hopeful. The new s/w updates probably won’t come until at least the end of the year at best….that’s what I’m really thinking but ya never know.
*slowly raises hand* OK waiting till February. There is no "other car" for me.

Took delivery of my MSLR today! My VIN appeared on Sunday all of a sudden with EDD of Aug 22-25 and no communication from SA so I called yesterday to get some clarification on actual pickup date and she told me my car is already at the location. I immediately rush over to SC and see my car sitting there, so I asked if I could take delivery of it today and they agreed. Sticker shows birthdate of 06/21 so I don’t know what to think of that, but car is perfectly fine inside and outside.
Going to try @MarcG method - what is the first three digits after MF in your VIN? Also congrats!

West Palm? Congrats!