Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny how we all go there :p I have been looking at the Taycan too lol Too much more money for not much more car.

For less car, actually. Assuming your Tesla is delivered with all the parts, bits and pieces! 🤣

Panel gaps are free.... ;-) But seriously, waiting patiently since April and impatiently since my EDD changed from Oct to Dec this AM.

Anyone else okay with waiting until October for delivery, especially IF Tesla pushes out the new UI s/w that fixes all the bugs and unlocks everything like ANC, 163mph speed limit — 200mph max, etc? I mean, I’ve been waiting so f’ing long as is, so what’s an additional 3-4 weeks IF they send me my MS Plaid with the new s/w right? What are the chances? Thoughts? 🤔 Btw - I’m not holding my breath on this; just trying to be positive and hopeful. The new s/w updates probably won’t come until at least the end of the year at best….that’s what I’m really thinking but ya never know.
Is this your first Tesla? It doesn't work like that w.r.t. software updates. They never actually "fix" everything in one fell swoop. Fixes come in little drips and drabs, and, typically other bugs get introduced (though those are typically fixed quickly). The car and the software continually gets better, but it isn't like it is garbage one day, and perfect the next.

Then, one day a "major" software release comes out, with lot a new stuff. Including lots of new bugs. And the cycle starts over again.

Picked up my Plaid today at 11AM. Delivery process was a little worse today. They changed the prompt and didn't update the text instructions. My car is perfect, no issues. It did however come with missing shelf. They didn't take the tabs out of the key fobs, i thought the fobs were broken. They failed to highlight all the lines that needed my signature.

Mine was the only Plaid that I saw. :(

Now on to the driving impression. This car is insane. smash the go peddle at any speed and it goes. Everytime I stab the go pedal, I laugh like a crazy person. I seriously laughed the whole way home. The yoke is fine. Still getting used to the turn signals, but the steering wheel itself is fine. no issues. Came home and found tire dust in the rear bumper.

Car doesn't feel big when on the go. Agree that it does feel like an extension of your body. You think where you want to go, it goes there fast!

Cabin is very quiet. Doors shut with the satisfying thud like a european car even with frameless glass. Amazing.

Seats were really comfortable. The ventilated seats are better than I remember in the 2016 MX I had.

I still can't believe how crazy fast this car is. I agree with most, it should be illegal. But it isn't so good for us.

Picking up my second one in two days, that one will have the 19" wheels.

Mine is too, showing delivery date from today to the 30th August. I'll go to the delivery store later today to try to see it, if it is there.

My Plaid is a MF438

Yeah. My MF438 is apparently in Richmond... for reasons I don't understand, but not set to get here until 9/6, at least according to the service guy who return my wife's S to her today.

(Interestingly I can't get into my account to figure out what the EDD says there)

with all this VIN talk, anyone got a MF438?
Yep 4383XX. Nicely built, no big issues, just noticed some fine scratches along the base of the gear selector bar (under the front phone chargers), debating whether it’s worth the time and effort to get it replaced. Software freezes up a fair amount, I expect that’ll improve on future builds (still on 2021.12.4.9)

There are 12 Model S Plaids available on Tesla.com in the Bay Area if anybody is waiting on an order...

1629833229123.png

Drove over some bridges today to drop my LR off for detailing. The bridge joints sounded like they were right inside the cabin, leading me to believe the car does very little to reduce road noise coming from the ground. I was on the phone with my wife and without knowing where I was she commented on hearing what sounded like bridge joints coming through the phone.

The detailing place had 3 other Tesla's on his lot. He wrapped a Plaid last week and the owner took him for a launch. We both agreed ICE cars are done.

There are 12 Model S Plaids available on Tesla.com in the Bay Area if anybody is waiting on an order...

View attachment 700907
what the actual ****k!
I just saw 4 Plaids available in Ohio area too. All with black/cream interior though. Why are they busy making configs that are less in demand. White interior is in shortage after all. Frustrating!

what the actual ****k!
I just saw 4 Plaids available in Ohio area too. All with black/cream interior though. Why are they busy making configs that are less in demand. White interior is in shortage after all. Frustrating!
They redirected all the white vinyl to the Teslabot wardrobe department.