Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So quiet here tonight.
Thanks for the reminder!

3D0B1C00-E8D7-45A5-9997-4FBB44F519A1.gif

Crap! 12 Plaids available as inventory in SoCal even 2 with 19s. I had some regret not ordering a Plaid and 21" before but rationalized that I don't need a car that fast and would like longer range. Now, the temptation is strong. What is going on? Is this a mistake? Why are all these Plaids available?
Checked at 8:30 PST. There are only 4 now in SoCal/Vegas. My zip is 92399.

Checked at 8:30 PST. There are only 4 now in SoCal/Vegas. My zip is 92399.
Well, low and behold…the people who thought that they were only making 5 per month due to DEMAND constraints may be a little bit off base. Whodathunk? Those 4 cars will be gone in no time. The Plaid is a benchmark car. In automotive history. I’m not a “fanboi”, I simply don’t ignore reality.

What else have you ever waited for that caused more obsessive behavior than this MS LR/Plaid order??? (not including a previous Tesla order… or your children)

Recently: I have to admit - I thought the lead time between announcement / order placement / delivery for my 2021 iPad Pro 12.9” was a mind *duck*.… Looking back I had a wait of an entire month (gasp), and the delivery date range was known from the start, and never bigger than ~2 - 3 days….

Over my entire life: The application and waiting process for getting into a top grad school… there were no definitive criteria / announcement dates, and similarly to this, there were packed forums of people speculating, trying to draw patterns / conclusions from any scrap of a data they could… but that didn’t come close to how much of a mind *duck* Elon is playing on me at the moment… and those of you who ordered before April I’m sure have it even worse…

Thank you, Elon, for making this the most nebulous, obsessive-provoking experience I’ve ever had… at least in the future I won’t give a damn about the wait for a new iPad…

I have an announcement to make…… with all these cars in inventory today, I accepted a match to a white Plaid, black interior, carbon fiber, 19’s. VIN 5YJSA1E60MF439… no price increase. In Temecula, will be transported to Costa Mesa for delivery.
Thank you for taking my car… 🤬

I’m kidding of course, there were probably many other people in front of me for that exact configuration. 😩

Ok I clearly could not resist. The order fee is now $250 but F it, I ordered another one!

RN115550xxx Plaid/White/Black/CF/19"/AP VIN: 5YJSA1E69MF439xxx

So relatively new build. It's apparently located in Lathrop, CA so they have to ship it back closer to me. EDD: August 28-31.
Damn man. You are going to have your own Tesla trailer dedicated to your orders.

What else have you ever waited for that caused more obsessive behavior than this MS LR/Plaid order??? (not including a previous Tesla order… or your children)

Recently: I have to admit - I thought the lead time between announcement / order placement / delivery for my 2021 iPad Pro 12.9” was a mind *duck*.… Looking back I had a wait of an entire month (gasp), and the delivery date range was known from the start, and never bigger than ~2 - 3 days….

Over my entire life: The application and waiting process for getting into a top grad school… there were no definitive criteria / announcement dates, and similarly to this, there were packed forums of people speculating, trying to draw patterns / conclusions from any scrap of a data they could… but that didn’t come close to how much of a mind *duck* Elon is playing on me at the moment… and those of you who ordered before April I’m sure have it even worse…

Thank you, Elon, for making this the most nebulous, obsessive-provoking experience I’ve ever had… at least in the future I won’t give a damn about the wait for a new iPad…
That’s what I totally skipped all extra schooling and went right to buying Plaid’s, and a bunch of other stuff prior.

Let me fix that for you:

"Too much more money for LESS car . . . ."
I dunno, I feel like the interior and exterior are nicer than the S. Build quality is better. It’s slower and has less range. If they were the same price (Turbo S) I’d forget the 1s 1/4 diff and change to the Porsche. I only work 5km from home though and have a second vehicle so range is not a huge concern.

I’m embarrassed to admit it, but I snatched one of those inventory cars, it’s a MF438 and I think it was released from the factory on August 2nd.

It’s in Charlotte, NC, so I was thinking of flying and driving home. I tried calling the Tesla Store, and they didn’t answer. I want to see how they handle the sales tax. It’s $500 to have it shipped to Florida.

This is my fifth order, I canceled two previous ones. I only ordered to keep @MarcG company, and to boost $TSLA. Actually, it was pure FOMO. :rolleyes: I really don’t need a new car, I just want one.

“Oops, I did it again..” Now I understand what Britney was singing about.
Do not ask how many I ordered and canceled one night. And I was sober.

Yeah, the Plaids are flowing this week. I just picked up my Plaid order today with 5 miles on it (white, black interior, wood, 21" wheels), which is from the 438 VIN batch that was built August 5th.

As a longtime Model S owner, I know all too well about Tesla's initial build quality issues when a redesign comes out. My early review of a refresh LR probably provides some insight about how particular I am about the little details. So I spent three hours (yes, three hours) inspecting every nook & cranny of that car before deciding whether to accept it, as I didn't want any hassles down the road. AND I COULDN'T FIND ONE DAMN FLAW. Seriously. Not even a hairline smudge on the exterior or exterior, or any mechanical issues to note. So my congrats to Tesla on the quality of my build.

As for my forthcoming review of the Plaid, I'll write that up after I get the car back from a full wrap, tint, emblem chrome delete, and ceramic coating. I did a quick test drive right near the Tesla shop before it goes to the detailer, and OMG. I've driven every Tesla, along with other ICE performance cars, and that is absolutely the craziest acceleration I've ever experienced in my lifetime. I felt like I was on the deck of the Enterprise, suddenly thrust into warp speed (sorry, wrong movie).

You have to experience it at least once. Life changing moment!

Congrats!! I couldn’t find any flaws either. I didn’t spend hours going through it but at least 30-40 min. My VIN is 438.