Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in Arizona .. My wife just showed me an article in the Phoenix paper concerning registration. EV's have been getting a big discount over gas cars for several years. My registration for the Plaid is to be $288. The rate starting in 2022 is 20 times that ... instead of 1% it goes to 20% of the retail. That is $5000, as I get close to year end my decision to wait for the white may change. Vehicle license tax formula for alternative fuel cars changing in 2022 | ADOT Arizona is one very expensive place to have a nice car.
BOHICA

Re: Turn signals. I actually broke down and RTFM last night. Practiced in my garage where I could see what was happening while sitting in the drivers seat. It's better and worse than I thought.

Better: I was under the impression that there were two modes. A quick one that will turn off automatically, and the long one that will only turn off after you make a turn and return the yoke to the center position. That's not the case. Nor is it the case that "it should be three blinks instead of 1." As it turns out, there are simply two ways to invoke the turn signal. A "light" press which will continue to signal until you release the pressure (this gives a single haptic feedback vibration) and a "harder" press which will immediately go into the "long" mode (which gives a double vibration). This means that you really can (with a deft, light touch) signal a few times to change lanes without needing to turn it off again. I really think I *can* get the hang of this to the point where it will be quick and easy to get it right. Especially after practicing a bit more where I can see the results.

Worse: The haptic feedback occurs well before the signal actually flashes! This means that a quick light touch, which rewards you with some feedback is *NOT* enough to signal your intentions. You *must* keep that touch for as long as it takes for the signal to activate. This is approximately a full second. Practice where you can see it, and you'll get the hang of it, but I really wish that activation at least guaranteed a single flash of the turn signal! In the end, I hope this is more of a feature than a bug in that quick accidental swipes while adjusting the volume wont make you look like an idiot to the cars behind you, and typically you want to hold lightly for 3 or so flashes anyway to indicate your intentions. This will take some time to get used to.
I am finding that while driving it is almost impossible to achieve the perfect light touch that flashes just as long as I hold that touch. I have to use a second touch almost 100% of the time. For me it is easy to do sitting in the car but not driving. Doing it while driving is not working. Hopefully that touch pressure can be adjusted in future software updates.

Those are probably @MarcG other orders.
Lol you might have been right if any of my orders had 21” wheels. However they were all 19s, as I can’t justify paying $4500+tax for a heavier set of wheels with thin tire walls. I’m planning on an aftermarket set of lighter rims and tires for under $3000 total AND will get to keep the stock 19s.

Lol you might have been right if any of my orders had 21” wheels. However they were all 19s, as I can’t justify paying $4500+tax for a heavier set of wheels with thin tire walls. I’m planning on an aftermarket set of rims and tires for under $3000 total AND will get to keep the stock 19s.
Precisely what I was looking to do as well..... but the Tesla ZeroG wheels with20"ers (with mystery track pack?) sound mighty tempting, I'm almost certain it'll be a 5-figure add-on and honestly I never actually go to a track.

FRONT LICENSE PLATE REMOVAL

We have all seen the videos of the hair dryer/ heat gun for ten to 15 minutes on the front plate to get the double side tape to loosen and then grab pliers and pull like hell. Right?? I set up to do just that process. Got everything ready, unscrewed the two screws holding the outer cover on. Use needle nose. However, when I got the cover plate off, I realized there is enough room to get fishing line behind the plate. I used 30 lbs braided fishing line holding one end with pliers and the other end still attached to the spool and use a sawing motion back and forth vertically. Had the plate off in less than three minutes. peeled the remaining adhesive off and it looks amazing and zero damage to the finish. If I did it again, I would use 40 or 50 lbs test as the line snapped three times during the process.

Hope this is helpful.

Precisely what I was looking to do as well..... but the Tesla ZeroG wheels with20"ers (with mystery track pack?) sound mighty tempting, I'm almost certain it'll be a 5-figure add-on and honestly I never actually go to a track.
To clarify, I think it'll be 5 figures because it'll include that "active aero" part we've seen as well as possibly brake improvements (definitely rotors, maybe calipers?), but of course this is all wild conjecture (or maybe just wishes?) on my part.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
They may also use the roll out 1 foot number which is 3.1. I don't know. It is fast. You Plaid guys must just get kicked in the gut every time you floor it.
I seriously doubt they are using the 1 foot of rollout. It does not have the asterisk on every web change they have done, while the Plaid and M3P does.

I’ll definitely post photos & information on the set I’m getting once I receive them and get them mounted in a couple of weeks.