Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 702948
View attachment 702949

for any of the nah sayers out there. I just finished my best run outta 4. This is on the stock 19’s with almost all the tire shine off from delivery yesterday. On the street these tires feel like they are constantly seeking traction. At the track today they struggled a bit mid track but know this place is slower a bit than normal tracks im impressed. This track has a slight up hill too it. Paradise drag way Calhoun, GA. Glad to represent the 19’s with aero caps.

I don't really pay attention to 1/8 mile times. Is this for an LR or Plaid? Did you have any issues with the track and safety requirements like roll cages or parachutes or anything like that? I live very close to Calhoun.

EXACTLY! There is nothing ground breaking about strapping a quick boost to a car. There is no leap in advancement to do this. THAT'S why I dislike it. Another really bad thing about the boosters, is that once they go off, the Roadster is significantly slower than say, a Lotus Evija, so you have the quickest car for about 2 seconds, and then you're done. Literally EVERYWHERE else, you're going to be slower. It's like putting a sock in your pants, and walking around sporting it, and when it's time to go, it's extremely unimpressive compared to the hype. I can actually see people buying and being disappointed with the SpaceX Package, once they realize they just blew a crapton of money on a one trick thing, that when it runs out, is the same speed, if not SLOWER due to the added weight of the boosters, then a guy who paid 50 to 100k less!
@2021plaid
???

This is a shameless gimmick that no one else can use without copying in some way. It will also establish a record that no street car can hope to match without a "rule breaking gimmick". Everyone wins as this forces technological advancement by everyone else just to look relevant.

This is the most brilliant and ridiculous flex. Similar to having a streetable car that can go 300 miles per hour.

Elon is a man of ridiculous gimmicks. I cannot understand how this remotely out of character OR the consumer's range of "gotta have it" options.

Think fart sounds.

Cheers man

@2021plaid
???

This is a shameless gimmick that no one else can use without copying in some way. It will also establish a record that no street car can hope to match without a "rule breaking gimmick". Everyone wins as this forces technological advancement by everyone else just to look relevant.

This is the most brilliant and ridiculous flex. Similar to having a streetable car that can go 300 miles per hour.

Elon is a man of ridiculous gimmicks. I cannot understand how this remotely out of character OR the consumer's range of "gotta have it" options.

Think fart sounds.

Cheers man
You are absolutely correct. I'm thinking of this in a usable manner. It isn't. This is like you said, a useless gimmick, really useful for numbers only, and not a viable performance alternative. Thank you so much for putting this in proper perspective. :) 🙏

Thanks for sharing, that definitely looks like a graph but i have no idea what it means! Care to translate it for simple minded folk? Apologies for the ignorance.
It is a lap of Road America. I included it for the longitudinal and lateral Gs. They are fun at those levels in a purpose built car for the track on the track but I can not imagine 3 Gs on the road :0

Can someone remind me again what the Plaid 19" rims sizes (9.5 and 10.5?) are, and what the offsets are? Trying to see if "Willtheyfit" on a MYP and the 21s on the MYP would fit on the Plaid?
This should help... when in doubt, RTFM. ;)

1630280131826.jpeg

For sure. I had them on my 911 at Sonoma Raceway and it started raining for a little bit and I couldn’t do squat with them. Whenever I put my foot down I would just lose traction instantly. As soon as it dried up I caught up and overtook a V10 awd R8. I’d recommend them only for track use.
I see them on the street a good bit and even run them on my play (ICE) car. I'd be currious if someone like TxEV or Brooks of DragTimes puts some Cup2s or even some drag radials on then tried to get sub 2 second 0-60 or sub 9 second 1/4 on the track. I'm sure it will happen and probably pretty soon given people's willingness to do things like remove the interior.

Finally got my LR back from detailing. The detailer had it since Tuesday. I have to admit it was frustrating to have to wait so long, but the owner, Jared, was honest about not having enough help this week, and in the end, he came in on a Sunday, a day he is never open, and finished the work on my car. He called me at 5 PM on a Sunday to tell me it was done, and even waited the 45 minutes it took me to get there.

The work is beautiful. 35% tint on sides and back, front PPF to include cameras and mirrors and ceramic coating on the whole car. He removed the front plate holder , readjusted the frunk rubber seal issue I told him about, cleaned the dirt my family left on the floor mats and vacuumed everything. All of that was free of charge. Very impressed with the attention to detail.

Now I get to drive it until my service appointment on 7 September, to fix delivery issues.

FC0ACC8C-8CB3-4ADC-A510-5163B79A7647.jpeg
F066E0E1-F1D8-4423-9C63-0C49EF1257D1.jpeg
C6C33AF8-0A41-4451-96F2-EA80DE48BE94.jpeg
87008945-CABF-4B40-96C5-FC39078EF98B.jpeg

Finally got my LR back from detailing. The detailer had it since Tuesday. I have to admit it was frustrating to have to wait so long, but the owner, Jared, was honest about not having enough help this week, and in the end, he came in on a Sunday, a day he is never open, and finished the work on my car. He called me at 5 PM on a Sunday to tell me it was done, and even waited the 45 minutes it took me to get there.

The work is beautiful. 35% tint on sides and back, front PPF to include cameras and mirrors and ceramic coating on the whole car. He removed the front plate holder , readjusted the frunk rubber seal issue I told him about, cleaned the dirt my family left on the floor mats and vacuumed everything. All of that was free of charge. Very impressed with the attention to detail.

Now I get to drive it until my service appointment on 7 September, to fix delivery issues.

View attachment 703067View attachment 703068View attachment 703069View attachment 703071
Gorgeous! 😍

View attachment 703067View attachment 703068View attachment 703069View attachment 703071
Looks amazing!

Just a random fact: look how much value the Model S Plaid loses just pulling off the lot 😭 like $40,000. I had plans to take delivery next week until my X comes but now I think Imma just cancel that plan View attachment 703084
You should run that through some other car buying services like Carvana or Vroom and see what you get. Bet it's higher.