Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody feeling this look with the PPF in Blue? I'm on the fence of this vs gloss.

XPEL Stealth with Blue
I personally see those matte finishes as a younger person's look. I'm 48 and the matte finish to me feels as comfortable as trying to wear skinny jeans. That being said, I did buy a red car...

I've always charged to 90% on all my Teslas. Never noticed any issues. Maybe if you are going to keep the car for 10 years and want to preserve every 0.1% of battery capacity for as long as you can it matters, but for most of us that keep the car less than 5 years I don't think it matters that much.
I plan to keep this car forever. I kept my last one for 17 years. Unless of course, I get a bug up my butt to sell it for a used Plaid 5 years from now. 😂

I've always charged to 90% on all my Teslas. Never noticed any issues. Maybe if you are going to keep the car for 10 years and want to preserve every 0.1% of battery capacity for as long as you can it matters, but for most of us that keep the car less than 5 years I don't think it matters that much.
Ditto this. Always 90% unless keeping for over 5 years

I personally see those matte finishes as a younger person's look. I'm 48 and the matte finish to me feels as comfortable as trying to wear skinny jeans. That being said, I did buy a red car...
yeah, I'm 45 and have always driven a black or grey car so blue or matte blue is "skinny jeans" for me too..... Appreciate the feedback.

Just a random fact: look how much value the Model S Plaid loses just pulling off the lot 😭 like $40,000. I had plans to take delivery next week until my X comes but now I think Imma just cancel that plan View attachment 703084
Never a good idea to check just one source. If you look at 2018-2020 Model S resale values for the sake of comparison, they are holding pretty good value.

I plan to keep this car forever. I kept my last one for 17 years. Unless of course, I get a bug up my butt to sell it for a used Plaid 5 years from now. 😂
On my first Model S P100DL I always charged to 90% and charged to 100% probably 20 - 30 times over the 3 years I owned it. Starting range when I picked it up was 318 miles at 100% SOC (the Tesla SC charged it to 100% when they delivered it to me). When I turned it back in three years later the range was about 304 at 100% SOC. I had around 30,000 miles on it I think.

For those of you, like me, that live in a front-plate required state but are, like me, going without, I bought one of these.

Admittedly, it's a little pricey. I'm not worried about front plate moving violations - I haven't gotten one on my previous cars - but it's mostly for parking, where meter cops are way more strict about front plates here (at $50/pop for front plate violations, I figure this is worth it). It is made specifically for the refresh S (I'm waiting for my perm plates so no photos yet). Fits perfectly and works really easily (on and off).

I have no affiliation with the company that makes these, I'm just sharing because I was looking for exactly this option: SnapPlate Model S Removable Front License Plate Mount
This is nice, thanks for posting. Makes solving the fix-it-ticket for no front plate easy...well worth it.

Last edited:
How does everyone feel about charging to 90%? This is my first EV. I here a lot of people recommending 80%, but the Tesla app defaults to 90% for daily driving.
I'm 6100 miles in on my Plaid and often charge over 90% (not usually to 100% because I don't want to lose regen). But I do drive it immediately over 50 miles on my commute home so it does not sit at a high SOC. So far zero battery degradation (not surprising), the car will actually read 349 (rate at 348) miles if I do go to 100%. What this looks like in 20,000, 50,000, miles etc, who knows? But I don't keep anything long enough to really care much.

I'm 6100 miles in on my Plaid and often charge over 90% (not usually to 100% because I don't want to lose regen). But I do drive it immediately over 50 miles on my commute home so it does not sit at a high SOC. So far zero battery degradation (not surprising), the car will actually read 349 (rate at 348) miles if I do go to 100%. What this looks like in 20,000, 50,000, miles etc, who knows? But I don't keep anything long enough to really care much.
I drive 40-45 miles every work day, which is why I am looking at leaving it at the default 90%. AT any rate, I plan on having a bunch of demo launches over the next several weeks at work. I have the first Tesla at a location with 400 employees.

For those of you, like me, that live in a front-plate required state but are, like me, going without, I bought one of these.

Admittedly, it's a little pricey. I'm not worried about front plate moving violations - I haven't gotten one on my previous cars - but it's mostly for parking, where meter cops are way more strict about front plates here (at $50/pop for front plate violations, I figure this is worth it). It is made specifically for the refresh S (I'm waiting for my perm plates so no photos yet). Fits perfectly and works really easily (on and off).

I have no affiliation with the company that makes these, I'm just sharing because I was looking for exactly this option: SnapPlate Model S Removable Front License Plate Mount
It’s what I’ve been using for awhile. Stays securely fastened and removes in seconds.

Attachments

• 0F3CFA04-AFCE-4C44-998E-C448C12290D0.png
    0F3CFA04-AFCE-4C44-998E-C448C12290D0.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 113
Me too on forever or at least 10 and then over to a kid. I’m doing 80. Trusting with every night plug in that’d be well over 300 miles every morning or 220 ish to use staying above 20% when possible. Over 80 for the rare trip if even necessary.

Last edited:
I drive 40-45 miles every work day, which is why I am looking at leaving it at the default 90%. AT any rate, I plan on having a bunch of demo launches over the next several weeks at work. I have the first Tesla at a location with 400 employees.
Yeah, with similar daily commute miles I decided to charge a little higher than normal. And with my driving stye the car runs at a consistent 78-80% efficiency, so my SOC when it's sitting is never overly high (I charge mostly at work).

I had the same practice with a 2021 S LR pre-refresh and had a somewhat similar battery experience over 12,000 miles, but it did lose about 2 miles of range. I'm not sure if the changing seasons had an effect on overall range though as I only had it 6 months. Also have a Y with ~10,000 miles and no degradation yet, also with similar charging practice.

It's also personal preference. I just hate the idea of having a car and only being able to utilize 60% of the battery (20% - 80%) so I just charge it to 90% every day and forget about it. Will probably lose like 5-10 miles max over a few years