Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well folks, it’s almost a reality. Just got a delivery date. Next Saturday, 9/11. 12pm!

Car is in Chi-Town Tesla depot. Then off to I think Ridgewood NJ Tesla Depot, then to Devon, PA by the 8th. the guy woke the red baby up for me, to see where it was. Then got an email from my elusive SA an hour later asking which day time is good for delivery.

Also, not sure if anyone has done this for financing, but I’m possibly going with Franklin Mint FCU as they have 1.99% financing for 2021 or newer cars. We’ll see if i can get that rate.

So now to take pics of my Stealth 3 and try to sell it asap.
Did you get a phonecall or did you have to proactively call to try and set a date up for delivery

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got my Plaid this afternoon! After a short 35 mile drive from the delivery center, I have some first impressions.

- Tesla's delivery experience is a joke, which we all put up with because the car is anything but. There wasn't a single proactive inbound call from Tesla related to scheduling delivery of this car. Only call-backs over the last week. When I did show up to my delivery, they were finishing detailing the car. I peeked at it and noticed the car had a white interior, which is what I originally ordered but since I replaced my original order with an inventory car with cream seats, that made no sense. Apparently they replaced the seats! I have no clue if this was an error or a favor, but I somehow ended up with the exact configuration I wanted: Plaid / Black / White / Carbon / 21. Happy day! I spent a total of 25 minutes picking up my car.

- I had to sit in traffic on the way back so didn't get to floor it, then conveniently was first at a red light at a pretty wide road near my house. When I did, I started cracking up uncontrollably, just like I did when I bought my first Tesla, a Model 3 Performance. This thing is an aggressive beast; you can feel it overpowering gravity. I also got a chance to accelerate a bit on sections of the highway and experienced just what I've read from others on this forum, that you get a head rush going from 50-80, which is not the case with my M3P.

- The yoke felt quite natural, and even better than a steering wheel, when driving on the highway. Gives a nice feeling of control. I had to do a multi-point turn to back into my driveway and that's where it was less convenient than a wheel. I imagine I'll adjust, and I ultimately don't care compared to how cool it looks to me -- not to mention the added visibility it gives -- but that was one drawback I noticed.

- The seat managed to be just as comfortable as my Model 3 white vegan leather seat, which is the most comfortable seat I've ever driven in. It feels slightly wider and more captain-like, shall we say?

- Miscellaneous bits: The new UI is fantastic. Love the door handles (I haven't ever driven an S). Interior is gorgeous and feels well appointed. Sound system felt fine, didn't stand out. Excited to try out the rear screen.
Well. Tesla said on the designer white and carbon fiber deliveries would begin in September. September 2nd to be exact. Who said Tesla ever lies?

Congratulations and enjoy!! CC/ @doubleshot

Got my Plaid this afternoon! After a short 35 mile drive from the delivery center, I have some first impressions.

- Tesla's delivery experience is a joke, which we all put up with because the car is anything but. There wasn't a single proactive inbound call from Tesla related to scheduling delivery of this car. Only call-backs over the last week. When I did show up to my delivery, they were finishing detailing the car. I peeked at it and noticed the car had a white interior, which is what I originally ordered but since I replaced my original order with an inventory car with cream seats, that made no sense. Apparently they replaced the seats! I have no clue if this was an error or a favor, but I somehow ended up with the exact configuration I wanted: Plaid / Black / White / Carbon / 21. Happy day! I spent a total of 25 minutes picking up my car.

- I had to sit in traffic on the way back so didn't get to floor it, then conveniently was first at a red light at a pretty wide road near my house. When I did, I started cracking up uncontrollably, just like I did when I bought my first Tesla, a Model 3 Performance. This thing is an aggressive beast; you can feel it overpowering gravity. I also got a chance to accelerate a bit on sections of the highway and experienced just what I've read from others on this forum, that you get a head rush going from 50-80, which is not the case with my M3P.

- The yoke felt quite natural, and even better than a steering wheel, when driving on the highway. Gives a nice feeling of control. I had to do a multi-point turn to back into my driveway and that's where it was less convenient than a wheel. I imagine I'll adjust, and I ultimately don't care compared to how cool it looks to me -- not to mention the added visibility it gives -- but that was one drawback I noticed.

- The seat managed to be just as comfortable as my Model 3 white vegan leather seat, which is the most comfortable seat I've ever driven in. It feels slightly wider and more captain-like, shall we say?

- Miscellaneous bits: The new UI is fantastic. Love the door handles (I haven't ever driven an S). Interior is gorgeous and feels well appointed. Sound system felt fine, didn't stand out. Excited to try out the rear screen.

So gorgeous would love more pics of the interior etc.

I heard about how Tesla improves your car over time. but I didn't think I would see it so quickly.

I left the Tesla home today because of the flooding. I heard about the subwoofer OTA while at work, and went to mess with it as soon as I got home. While the sound system still doesn't feel like it was acoustically designed for the cabin, it has some real punch now at the lower frequencies. I'm real impressed by the level of bass it can push for a factory system. It does have its limits. Certain frequency ranges are a struggle, and a few songs with multiple simultaneous bass frequencies made it really struggle.

I went through a bunch of songs to test the bass. This is by no means a total reflection of what I listen too. My tastes are all over the place. But these songs came to mind when I was thinking of how to test the bass.

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen - Sounded adequate. Clear, but no real thump.
Blow by Kesha - Bass sounded real nice. The highs were nice and clear.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons - This one was beyond the speaker capabilities. The bass sounded scrambled and clipped. I turned it back down for fear of blowing a speaker.

99 Problems by Jay-Z - The bass frequencies were outside the range of the system. I didn't really feel any bass thump.
Believer by Imagine Dragons - Sounded good with nice bass thump.
Starship by Nicki Minaj - Sounded awesome. The bass was clear and chest thumping.
Shots by LMFAO - Sounded great. The system handled this well with solid bass.
Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas - Sounded good.
Shake Your Rump by Beastie Boys - Sounded really nice. When the bass line kicked in you felt it.
Blinding Light by The Weeknd - This sounded amazing. Crystal clear highs and a car shaking bass line. Impressive sound.
A Milli by Lil Wayne - This song had the most impressive bass sound. A clean bass vibrating sound that you really feel.
Pop That P$%^y by 2 Live Crew - Played this one mostly to make my wife laugh, but it sounded awesome.

At the request of an audiophile friend of mine, I turned up the mid range. It definitely sounded better. I'm many times happier with this system compared to before this update. Here are the settings I settled on before running through all those songs. All songs were run with the Tesla streaming service:
DE2E2D6F-D7BC-4D5E-B8F9-FBCDB71519B7.jpeg
21236D92-1CC2-4F5D-AC94-F3A3B6DBD853.jpeg
4645E6A5-4CAF-45DD-A77F-CDD74A9949B1.jpeg

I heard about how Tesla improves your car over time. but I didn't think I would see it so quickly.

I left the Tesla home today because of the flooding. I heard about the subwoofer OTA while at work, and went to mess with it as soon as I got home. While the sound system still doesn't feel like it was acoustically designed for the cabin, it has some real punch now at the lower frequencies. I'm real impressed by the level of bass it can push for a factory system. It does have its limits. Certain frequency ranges are a struggle, and a few songs with multiple simultaneous bass frequencies made it really struggle.

I went through a bunch of songs to test the bass. This is by no means a total reflection of what I listen too. My tastes are all over the place. But these songs came to mind when I was thinking of how to test the bass.

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen - Sounded adequate. Clear, but no real thump.
Blow by Kesha - Bass sounded real nice. The highs were nice and clear.
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons - This one was beyond the speaker capabilities. The bass sounded scrambled and clipped. I turned it back down for fear of blowing a speaker.

99 Problems by Jay-Z - The bass frequencies were outside the range of the system. I didn't really feel any bass thump.
Believer by Imagine Dragons - Sounded good with nice bass thump.
Starship by Nicki Minaj - Sounded awesome. The bass was clear and chest thumping.
Shots by LMFAO - Sounded great. The system handled this well with solid bass.
Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas - Sounded good.
Shake Your Rump by Beastie Boys - Sounded really nice. When the bass line kicked in you felt it.
Blinding Light by The Weeknd - This sounded amazing. Crystal clear highs and a car shaking bass line. Impressive sound.
A Milli by Lil Wayne - This song had the most impressive bass sound. A clean bass vibrating sound that you really feel.
Pop That P$%^y by 2 Live Crew - Played this one mostly to make my wife laugh, but it sounded awesome.

At the request of an audiophile friend of mine, I turned up the mid range. It definitely sounded better. I'm many times happier with this system compared to before this update. Here are the settings I settled on before running through all those songs. All songs were run with the Tesla streaming service:View attachment 704521View attachment 704523View attachment 704522
Cars typically have a resonant frequency around 200Hz because of their cabin dimensions. Although there is no frequency marker on the EQ sliders, it is likely the bass slider. This range typically needs reduction, but you have it maxed. Hard to know if Tesla notch filtered it out, but this could be the source of why you think the bass was crapping out in certain ranges. Also adding boost to every slider is counter productive. I would recommend taking the bass slider down close to 0 and trying again.

So... having already scheduled a half-day off of work and not wanting to give it back due it being such a beautiful day outside, I decided to take the half hour drive down to the Paramus SC, grab two dozen Duck Donuts, and see if I could see my car today, even if I couldn't take delivery of it. They were incredibly grateful for the doughnuts, but they were working out of a tent in the parking lot due to damage to the building (although the cars there looked fine and there was no evidence of flooding). Looks like I might see delivery tomorrow, or the weekend. Didn't get to see my car, because they had moved most of them to a storage lot at higher ground (which I was glad to hear haha). As far as service there though, it might take a while for them to repair.

Looks like a few more days for me....
Paramus cancelled my Monday Delivery and moved me to springfield, didn't explain why but this might be it. Hopefully the cars are alright at the ridgefield heights auto termnal where I presume a lot of teslas were holding. That area is pretty low lying as well.

Here is Manny Koshbin's Plaid 19" review! It's the first video I've seen covering a 19" Plaid, with launches as well.

Edit after watching a bit: MAN that thing has some wheelspin! Lotta TC cutting in. Especially towards the end of the video.
The member here that was saying that he felt it spinning and cutting power up to 100 mph was not lying one bit. After all the Arachnid videos, it's weird to hear it for sure.

Last edited:
Well folks, it’s almost a reality. Just got a delivery date. Next Saturday, 9/11. 12pm!

Car is in Chi-Town Tesla depot. Then off to I think Ridgewood NJ Tesla Depot, then to Devon, PA by the 8th. the guy woke the red baby up for me, to see where it was. Then got an email from my elusive SA an hour later asking which day time is good for delivery.

Also, not sure if anyone has done this for financing, but I’m possibly going with Franklin Mint FCU as they have 1.99% financing for 2021 or newer cars. We’ll see if i can get that rate.

So now to take pics of my Stealth 3 and try to sell it asap.
Hooray for you! Hope for me! Mine has a high probability of being part of that shipment! We ordered same day, have same edd. window now and northeast! Who’d you call to wake it? 🤞🏼🙏

Hooray for you! Hope for me! Mine has a high probability of being part of that shipment! We ordered same day, have same edd. window now and northeast! Who’d you call to wake it? 🤞🏼🙏
I called my local SC and of course, got the main call center. And asked them. Chose 1 for cars then I think 1 again for delivery and my “recorded reason” for calling was “Delivery”

for those with aftermarket wheels. Are you using Tesla TPMS or is there a proven cheaper aftermarket alternative?
I ordered the OEM ones from tsportsline (as I never got a return call from my local Tesla service center).

I have to say... reading these comments on the sub-par (pun 😜 ) sound system is incredibly disappointing. As much as I loved other aspects of the MS, for my next car I had a few 'must-haves': 1) quick, 2) ventilated seats, 3) excellent insulation / low road noise, and 4) great sound system.

It excels at #1, checks the box for 2, and I presume once ANC is activated it'll do a decent job at 3... but for #4, when a car just shy of 100k says it has "the best listening experience at home or on the road", then I expect a very good listening experience.

I'm certainly not an audiophile, but I have put a 5.1.2 (Dolby Atmos) sound system into our home theater, and use the Sonos 5 into my home office, and I love the clarity, balance, and nuance these systems produce... I didn't expect Tesla to actually beat (or even match) these listening experiences... but I do expect that they would come pretty close. C'mon, Tesla!
I have Sonos5’s in one of my Rooms. The Plaid sound system is audibly superior in all respects. I listen almost always to Baroque, and am a bit obsessive about accuracy of all instruments, with oboe, harpsichord, flute and organ usually the most sensitive. Obviously each of those instruments demands different challenges. I never listen to the most bass-intensive popular music, but the acoustic demand of organ do require quite low frequencies, how low a function of the specific instrument. The Plaid is quite excellent for my ears. Although I have often done aftermarket system upgrades I will nit do that with the Plaid.

I have Sonos5’s in one of my Rooms. The Plaid sound system is audibly superior in all respects. I listen almost always to Baroque, and am a bit obsessive about accuracy of all instruments, with oboe, harpsichord, flute and organ usually the most sensitive. Obviously each of those instruments demands different challenges. I never listen to the most bass-intensive popular music, but the acoustic demand of organ do require quite low frequencies, how low a function of the specific instrument. The Plaid is quite excellent for my ears. Although I have often done aftermarket system upgrades I will nit do that with the Plaid.
I agree! I have a very high end audio system. I also have several Sonos speakers in a few rooms. The Plaid sound system is much better than the Sonos system. It isn't as good as my (embarrassingly) expensive primary system, but it sounds great. Try some 44/16 FLAC files on a usb with the Plaid, and I think you'll agree it sounds pretty good. Really, even lower res streaming sounds not bad on it.