Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 705308
Oh hey look what showed up in my driveway today! Full write up to come, but for now I’m enjoying the drive - went through @MarcG ’s whole big 50-some item checklist and had NO problems (aside from missing the trunk covers and floor mats, which they said will come as soon as they receive them). One thing though, I did notice a new-part inventory sticker on the passenger seat, as if it was replaced prior to delivery. Perhaps they are taking QA inspections more seriously now pre-delivery?
Congrats @DukeofURL !! Glad you finally got your delivery and that you had no issues. Did they also not have aero covers for you, or did you remove those yourself before snapping that photo?

Hello Captain,

Would lke to inform you that I hate you. Please join the others in the club. It grows ever larger by the day. Have the peanuts, they're marvelous.

You suck. Enjoy your car.

congrats
Lol, thanks.

Delivery date is set for Monday, 9/13, exactly 3 weeks after placing the order. Vin is 440xxx.

It seems like it’s being delivered to my home? I had assumed I would be picking it up from the Tesla Gallery in Dallas but the delivery has my home address.

Btw I found an “inspection manifest” under my seat yesterday, and they do refer to the 19” wheels as Cardenio, not Tempest.

7C8E582A-5878-43FD-B408-1336BA957683.jpeg

I picked up my long range at Chesterfield (St. Louis) this morning.

Delivery. About an hour before pickup I received a text saying I needed to make a final payment because they don’t accept certified checks. I responded by noting that the Tesla website states that certified checks are accepted and that’s what I had. The response was that’s ok, come on.

After that delivery was uneventful. My inspection found only a knotted rubber seam on the passenger side door and mud on the hood (poor detailing). I accepted the car.

Yoke. I almost canceled my order because I was convinced I would not like the yoke. I was wrong. I had no problem driving with the yoke and I love the visibility. The turn signals seemed intuitive to me. My only complaint is the horn. That is a horrible design. And I have no worm.

Performance. The car pulled badly to the left at the beginning of the drive. I drove from St. Louis to Little Rock (400+ miles). After calibration I engaged AP. The car never pulled left again. No idea why.

I’ve read all the reports here about the acceleration of the long range. I never doubted those reports. But you really have to experience it to understand it. I drove conservatively until our first charging stop. As we got back on the freeway I had a long empty space in front of me. I floored it. My wife screamed and then cussed me because I didn’t warn her. Later, when I was going about 75, she wanted me to floor it again. According to her count, we went from 75 to 105 in 3 seconds. The acceleration is just crazy fast. I can’t imagine what the Plaid feels like.

We went to dinner after we got home. I had a couple of drinks and my wife drove home. We had an empty stretch and I told her to floor it. She did, and even though she knew what was coming, she screamed again. The car is just a beast.

Bottom line. The car is fantastic. I’m 67 years old and I’ve never experienced anything close. I’m selling my Mach e to my daughter, on very good terms for her, and keeping the MS. I echo those who say the aggravation and agonizing wait is worth it.

I picked up my long range at Chesterfield (St. Louis) this morning.

Delivery. About an hour before pickup I received a text saying I needed to make a final payment because they don’t accept certified checks. I responded by noting that the Tesla website states that certified checks are accepted and that’s what I had. The response was that’s ok, come on.

After that delivery was uneventful. My inspection found only a knotted rubber seam on the passenger side door and mud on the hood (poor detailing). I accepted the car.

Yoke. I almost canceled my order because I was convinced I would not like the yoke. I was wrong. I had no problem driving with the yoke and I love the visibility. The turn signals seemed intuitive to me. My only complaint is the horn. That is a horrible design. And I have no worm.

Performance. The car pulled badly to the left at the beginning of the drive. I drove from St. Louis to Little Rock (400+ miles). After calibration I engaged AP. The car never pulled left again. No idea why.

I’ve read all the reports here about the acceleration of the long range. I never doubted those reports. But you really have to experience it to understand it. I drove conservatively until our first charging stop. As we got back on the freeway I had a long empty space in front of me. I floored it. My wife screamed and then cussed me because I didn’t warn her. Later, when I was going about 75, she wanted me to floor it again. According to her count, we went from 75 to 105 in 3 seconds. The acceleration is just crazy fast. I can’t imagine what the Plaid feels like.

We went to dinner after we got home. I had a couple of drinks and my wife drove home. We had an empty stretch and I told her to floor it. She did, and even though she knew what was coming, she screamed again. The car is just a beast.

Bottom line. The car is fantastic. I’m 67 years old and I’ve never experienced anything close. I’m selling my Mach e to my daughter, on very good terms for her, and keeping the MS. I echo those who say the aggravation and agonizing wait is worth it.
I have a Mach e premium extended battery awd on order with scheduled arrival date similar to my MS LR delivery date. Sounds like I should go for the MS LR :)

I have a Mach e premium extended battery awd on order with scheduled arrival date similar to my MS LR delivery date. Sounds like I should go for the MS LR :)
Ummm...yes. While this video is a comparison of the Y vs Mach E, I would argue its premise remains consistent across Tesla models.

Executive summary: Tesla engineers FTW.

Yes:

Absolutely agree here with @omarsultan.
So do I. A friend who has long experience with very high performance cars from Konisegg and Bugatti to common ones like Lamborghini and Ferrari just reminded me that drivers inexperienced with such capabilities account for ‘most’ of the accidents. Now we add Plaid to that list. Their productions are small and distraction spotty, so we hear less. Not so for the Plaid, accessible pricing and wide distribution suggest high media coverage of every foolish driver.

Cargo Linter update: As you may recall, I ordered the 3D MaxPider large "Universal" cargo liner from Walmart ($69). Took 15 minutes to cut and install. Looks pretty good for the genuine article @ $69. I think the purchased to fit version will be north of $200, IIRC.

View attachment 704865
That looks really good...will keep the ski boots from soaking the carpet.

Wasn’t the owner driving, he let his buddy drive the car. The owner died in the crash as the passenger.

Still not the smartest though to let his buddy drive the world's quickest car. :)
Why are people trying someone’s car push it hard? It happens all the time. I gave a ride to two neighbors lately in my quick (but nowhere close to Plaid quick) Model3 awd+. I start showing them what the car can do. But once they drive it, they do dangerous moves and silly stuff. I’m like wtf dude. Maybe learn some car control first.

Now with this type of behavior it’s a matter of time before someone ends up in a house. Or a building. This idiot ran a freaking Y in a building. Complained about the brakes. Yet there are two long brake marks that goes forever right into the building. Maybe the high rate of speed plus that bump on the road made the tires to lose contact with the ground making it impossible to slow the car until the car settled…