Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post, but been reading the threads for a few months. Beginning of Aug I ordered a MS LR. Delivery was set for Dec/Jan. Then on 9/4 contacted my SC and spoke to a SA and changed to a plaid and opted for the carbon trim. Now today my acct has a VIN and EDD at the end of this week. IS that even possible, or did I just get lucky? Midnight gray, 21" Beige, carbon, FSD build. Feels like I totally jumped a very long line. Live in Connecticut delivery will be in NY as CT wont let you buy direct from Tesla.

Attachments

• Capture22.JPG
    Capture22.JPG
    474 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 58
First post, but been reading the threads for a few months. Beginning of Aug I ordered a MS LR. Delivery was set for Dec/Jan. Then on 9/4 contacted my SC and spoke to a SA and changed to a plaid and opted for the carbon trim. Now today my acct has a VIN and EDD at the end of this week. IS that even possible, or did I just get lucky? Midnight gray, 21" Beige, carbon, FSD build. Feels like I totally jumped a very long line. Live in Connecticut delivery will be in NY as CT wont let you buy direct from Tesla.
I'd say you got insanely lucky. EDIT: But I'd confirm if this was rejected by someone else first. Whatever the case -- bring the checklist, and be ready to walk away if it's not to your standards and you don't trust the SC to make it right.

Also, it's "cream", not "beige". :)

I'd say you got insanely lucky. EDIT: But I'd confirm if this was rejected by someone else first. Whatever the case -- bring the checklist, and be ready to walk away if it's not to your standards and you don't trust the SC to make it right.

Rookie here! "cream" not beige! SMH.... and yes the checklist for sure. Is there a way to verify if it was someone elses reject? Sorry still playing the new guy card on now post #2

Rookie here! "cream" not beige! SMH.... and yes the checklist for sure. Is there a way to verify if it was someone elses reject? Sorry still playing the new guy card on now post #2
I believe you just need to talk to the SA and ask for the story. 440 VIN is a very recent, so no warning signs based purely on that.

It could well be that this wasn't rejected, but a customer couldn't take the car in time (or at all) for some reason. It happens.

Got a call from my service center late today. I’m still on for tomorrow at 1pm ET. Wants me to upload a new picture of license and my proof of insurance (which I just got today: found out my broker was non-responsive because he had COVID). Told me I could bring a personal check and that it could take an hour and a half to go through delivery. Also needs a new picture of my odometer for my trade-in.

I’ll be stopping at a shop to check on PPF options earlier in the day. I’ll have until Tuesday to decide on stealth vs clear and what I’m doing about tint.

…but first I should clean out my current car and rename it.

I’m just wanting ONE of these guys to LOVE the yoke/no stalk combo.
Just one?
If you’re hopping between cars frequently and renting cars to do reviews, your time behind the .. wheel .. won’t be very high. Anything different will feel strange, so it’s hard to take the reviews on hate or even like very seriously outside of someone’s first reaction.
I don’t think it’s going to be a revolution in car input. Some of it is marketing and social media appeal absolutely. Everyone also got over the lack of a binnacle in the Model 3 over time, and I expect this will be the same. No one serious complains they can’t shift an EV or that it has no noise. Or that regen feels unnatural.

Did Tesla have to do the yoke? No. They also didn’t have to adopt one pedal driving modes, and they’re one of the leaders for it being the default (no funny B/D modes, paddles, etc). The refresh S can’t even use creepy mode, yet no one points this out.

I hope to spend a few months and form my own view. I kinda expect to be neutral on it.

Hey guys...something I would like to say to those who have been on here for a while (I've been on here since March, 2021 after I ordered my MS Plaid in Feb, 2021 and many who have been on TMC for years): Although I've put a few TMC members on my "ignore list" so I don't see their actual posts (thank God as I would likely vomit in my mouth a bit, lol), I still see the posts that other people do in response to my ignore list TMC member's posts.

So, having explained this, is it possible that we can be done discussing the differences between the tri-motor MS Plaid and dual-motor MS LR in terms of performance (which we all know is quite big and the exact technical reasons why) and how one could somehow figure a way to get a MS LR closer in performance to the MS Plaid (like adding a third motor or something stupid like that)? :rolleyes: btw - hint guys, um you can't...that's why the tri-motor MS Plaid is a $40k premium over the MS LR.

I mean, really...if you ordered a MS LR (although you said you can afford a MS Plaid but you really didn't want to spend the extra $40k) and you've already taken delivery and have been driving around in your MS LR for weeks now, why the f'k are you on TMC, specifically in this "MS Delivery Update" thread, complaining about the (lack of) performance of your MS LR instead of trying to figure out how you can sell your MS LR and just friggen buy a MS Plaid already? It's not our fault you may have made the mistake of buying a MS LR but yet you still yearn for the performance of the MS Plaid. And, if this is not something you're contemplating, then perhaps you should go to other TMC threads and whine all you want about the lower performance of the dual-motor MS LR in those other threads? 😜

Okay, got that off my chest, lol...now an update from my Tesla account...no change, still shows Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21 with no VIN yet; hopefully I'll wake up one of these next few days with a VIN and a tighter Est Delivery date range for the end of this month, but sadly, not today. 🙏

Your jealousy of the LR is very obvious. Change your order and drop the grudge with @AnselmDante

First post, but been reading the threads for a few months. Beginning of Aug I ordered a MS LR. Delivery was set for Dec/Jan. Then on 9/4 contacted my SC and spoke to a SA and changthe car.ed to a plaid and opted for the carbon trim. Now today my acct has a VIN and EDD at the end of this week. IS that even possible, or did I just get lucky? Midnight gray, 21" Beige, carbon, FSD build. Feels like I totally jumped a very long line. Live in Connecticut delivery will be in NY as CT wont let you buy direct from Tesla.
It happens. You probably got a car that fell through with another customer. It does not necessarily mean that it fell through because of a problem with the car. It could have been a customer financing issue for example.

In my case I ordered on 8/4, had a vin less than 8 hours later, and the original delivery date was 8/8. I was truly worried it was a reject due to a problem. First, find out the build date for your VIN. Tesla can tell you that. If it is recent then no worries. Mine was built June 3rd so I asked the reason for the delay in shipping. They told me it was a customer that did not respond in time so they released it. That made sense and may have actually been partially true. I found out after delivery that my car has been completely repainted and that was probably the reason for the delay. I see that as a bonus since my paint is twice as thick as normal Tesla paint. Sometimes the delays mean they are just making things right. My point is keep your eyes open for the real reason that your car might have been delayed originally (if it even was at all) and report any issues as soon as you spot them.

My last MS was a 2021 LR+ and I drove it wishing almost daily that I had bought the Performance model. I did not make that mistake this time. I hope you enjoy yours.

No offense to any of you, but after I take delivery of my MS Plaid and get the new wheels put on and get it all detailed with ppf & ceramic coating, windows tinted, etc, I’ll just post the pics for everyone. Then, I’m outta here, as long as all is well my with MS Plaid (meaning no major issues to discuss or ask advice on), I’m gone…at least from this thread anyhow.

After all this, I’ll hopefully be driving the sh!t out my MS Plaid (with a smile from ear to ear), you know the one that does 0-60mph in 2.0 sec, the 1/4 mi in 9.2 sec @ 153mph and pulls 1.4g from any speed! No reason to spend hours on here every day after taking delivery & getting it detailed. Is there really any good argument against that? 🤔😉

Last edited:

And it's vegan leather, not vinyl. 😂

Your jealousy of the LR is very obvious. Change your order and drop the grudge with @AnselmDante
Is he whining again? I'm not going to bother clicking to view what he said. I don't have to. It's always some passive-aggressive insults at someone else's choices, while simultaneously congratulating himself on being so superior. It's no wonder he said he has had heart trouble. The guy is eating himself alive with anger and self-esteem issues.

Depending upon how long you have been reading, @Leodoc would like to have a word.

I had a 2016 P100DL and will be getting my Plaid next week. I don't see how the Plaid can't hit harder as it is significantly faster both 0-60 and in the 1/4. I'll find out next week, although it has been almost 2 years since I turned my P100DL back in when the lease was up.
I feel like with my P100D, a punch at 50 isn't as intense as a punch at 0. I'm worried the 0-60 being faster will mean a negligible impact if it's all coming from top end.

The 19" tire squeels have me hopeful though!

Side question: Noticed from your pic that you have a spoiler on your LR. Where did you purchase? Easy install?
Installed myself very easily. Purchased on eBay from JC Sportline. Says it fits 2019. Another member stated they purchased the same spoiler they used for their 2018 model S and that it fit great. This fits great. Real CF. Very lightweight. $189 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_2200.jpeg
    IMG_2200.jpeg
    890.5 KB · Views: 55