Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our Tesla! After waiting 10 months, we picked it up in Ft. Myers. Car was in perfect condition (as far as we can tell) and the delivery team did a great job getting it ready for delivery. And, as everyone says, all the drama of waiting goes away when you walk out, get in the car and drive away.

Three random thoughts. 1) if you are a pre-refresh order and expecting the $2,000 discount, you will have to wait until you get your final payment info (which will not have the discount). Then call your SA to get discount. It took about 3 days for it to show up on our final price.
2) After you take possession, and download the app, the manual is not available. Manual for S & X are on the car only. Understand that is because there are always updates and manual is constantly revising. We downloaded the manual a few weeks ago and have found it useful to browse the basic info & features. 3) Not excited about the look of the wheels.
.View attachment 707125View attachment 707126
.View attachment 707123
Congrats! The wheels look much better with the hubcaps off IMO.

What do you mean "from the outset"? It looks like BMW copied Tesla 5 years late.

Again, Tesla couldn't regen to 0 and then hold until mid/late 2019. BMW did true one pedal driving in 2013. As in, I could drive from home to work for 24 miles and never use the brake pedal once. I don't know when Chevy did it. Annoyed me to no end when I got my M3.

If you think everyone "copied" tesla by implementing regen during braking/slowing, you are missing the fact that hybrids have always worked that way, long before Tesla even existed.

I didnt see an option for automatic. How do you set ride height to automatic? Also, how far away from the dip do you need to set the ride height to high? And then when do you set it back to auto?
There's no such option for setting ride height to automatic. You can set suspension to auto, which raises ride height on bad roads automatically.
When I enter a parking lot with a steeper angle, I manually raise the suspension every time to avoid scraping.

I didnt see an option for automatic. How do you set ride height to automatic? Also, how far away from the dip do you need to set the ride height to high? And then when do you set it back to auto?
Sorry, I was referring to using the auto setting for "adaptive suspension dampening" control. I would say medium is the "optimal" spot for the ride height. High and very high should only be used in scenarios where you need to clear something - at low speeds typically.

So tempting! Superlight Carbon Ceramic Front Big Brake Kit for Model S Plaid and Long Range 2021+

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 10.28.41 AM.png

Just realized its only for the front set. What a rip!

If i adjust the height before entering a parking lot, will it remember that for next time?
Yes, it geocodes it and raises the suspension within 10 - 15 feet of the saved locations. Works well at my in-laws driveway. So if you are able to, do it right before the driveway or first in-front of the driveway. Then as you approach the next time, within 10 - 15 feet, the suspension will adjust and be raised prior to the driveway requiring no manual intervention and you save your front bumper.

Yes, it geocodes it and raises the suspension within 10 - 15 feet of the saved locations. Works well at my in-laws driveway. So if you are able to, do it right before the driveway or first in-front of the driveway. Then as you approach the next time, within 10 - 15 feet, the suspension will adjust and be raised prior to the driveway requiring no manual intervention and you save your front bumper.
That's awesome, what height do you set it at? How long does it take to raise?

Again, Tesla couldn't regen to 0 and then hold until mid/late 2019. BMW did true one pedal driving in 2013. As in, I could drive from home to work for 24 miles and never use the brake pedal once. I don't know when Chevy did it. Annoyed me to no end when I got my M3.

If you think everyone "copied" tesla by implementing regen during braking/slowing, you are missing the fact that hybrids have always worked that way, long before Tesla even existed.
If it existed long before Tesla, why are you trying so hard to give credit to BMW?

It sounds like you are taking something Tesla gets credit for, one pedal driving, and then saying BMW is the true innovator because they "supposedly" improved upon the idea.

I don't think everyone "copied" Tesla. But clearly Tesla was first with one pedal driving (2008). Saying an improved version of that negates their timeline is just silly.

If we want to get really silly, we can go back to 1830 to figure out who really did what first. Or, you can just admit you are wrong here and move on.

Last edited:
That's awesome, what height do you set it at? How long does it take to raise?
Medium and let the auto dampening go back and forth between medium and low. Was in a recent test drive with another member and the suspension was raising (or lowering) for ride comfortability.

It takes maybe 10 seconds? Not even? Depends on if you are going from low to very high (four "slots") or medium to low (only two "slots")

But clearly Tesla was first with one pedal driving (2008).
If the definition of one pedal driving is that no brake pedal is required to come to a full stop, which seems reasonable, then that is not accurate.

Tesla's one pedal driving is fantastic though. Clearly BMW having it earlier hasn't helped much with their worldwide sales. lol.

Hey everyone - longtime lurker and finally picking up my new MSLR 19" blk/blk in NY next week. For those of you who have taken delivery, how soon before delivery do you get your agreements for review and final payment details in the portal? Thanks so much!
I have delivery saturday, and car was ready today, and I think i got my mvpa items about 7 days before delivery let's say, maybe 7-10 days tops.

If you are a pre-refresh order and expecting the $2,000 discount, you will have to wait until you get your final payment info (which will not have the discount). Then call your SA to get discount. It took about 3 days for it to show up on our final price.
I had asked my SA weeks before my delivery about that, he checked on it and said "it will appear 36 hours before you take delivery". In reality, it didn't appear until around 24 hours beforehand, but sure enough a "Referral Credit" of $2k did appear.

Car looks great! Great color choice ;)