Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup.. I learned the hard way a few days ago. The suspension was set on low and then it didn't adjust higher when I was pulling into a parking spot with a cement divider. A few very minor scratches under the front bumper. Touch up paint ordered lol.
I hope I remember to adjust if/when I ever get my hypothetical car. My current bad boy sometimes scrapes my driveway and other times not - I guess depending upon how hot the tires are. When I remember, or with snow, I'll set the suspension to raise, but I really doubt I'll remember to do that with the Tesla.
I also wonder how accurate the GPS is - 1 foot? 3? 20? I guess not a huge deal if it raises 100' before my driveway (and if it takes up to 10 seconds, then maybe I'd want it to start earlier). I imagine it dropping down is much quicker.

First post, but been reading the threads for a few months. Beginning of Aug I ordered a MS LR. Delivery was set for Dec/Jan. Then on 9/4 contacted my SC and spoke to a SA and changed to a plaid and opted for the carbon trim. Now today my acct has a VIN and EDD at the end of this week. IS that even possible, or did I just get lucky? Midnight gray, 21" Beige, carbon, FSD build. Feels like I totally jumped a very long line. Live in Connecticut delivery will be in NY as CT wont let you buy direct from Tesla.
I think I saw your car today at Mt. Kisco SC. There were about 5 refreshes there including a few plaids and one in MSM with cream interior and CF. Beautiful. The delivery assistant who intercepted me said that this SC is the busiest in the world (?!) because it's the only delivery center for NYC and all of CT. I had no idea. But there were a sugar-ton of Teslas rolling through that lot for delivery. Literally lined up like a production line.

Also. The in-fighting between @AnselmDante and @kgoroway is what happens when @2021plaid is not here to give you a pat on the back. That bot is going to really blow a fuse when it starts reading the 1s and 0s today.
Part of my amusement here is watching @2021plaid quietly skip past liking the posts that are controversial or adversarial in nature.

No offense to any of you, but after I take delivery of my MS Plaid and get the new wheels put on and get it all detailed with ppf & ceramic coating, windows tinted, etc, I’ll just post the pics for everyone. Then, I’m outta here, as long as all is well my with MS Plaid (meaning no major issues to discuss or ask advice on), I’m gone…at least from this thread anyhow.

After all this, I’ll hopefully be driving the sh!t out my MS Plaid (with a smile from ear to ear), you know the one that does 0-60mph in 2.0 sec, the 1/4 mi in 9.2 sec @ 153mph and pulls 1.4g from any speed! No reason to spend hours on here every day after taking delivery & getting it detailed. Is there really any good argument against that? 🤔😉

Part of my amusement here is watching @2021plaid quietly skip past liking the posts that are controversial or adversarial in nature.

At first his programing required him to upvote all posts. Now, as his AI gets better, he is learning which posts to avoid. The NN is getting strong with this bot.

I hope I remember to adjust if/when I ever get my hypothetical car. My current bad boy sometimes scrapes my driveway and other times not - I guess depending upon how hot the tires are. When I remember, or with snow, I'll set the suspension to raise, but I really doubt I'll remember to do that with the Tesla.
I also wonder how accurate the GPS is - 1 foot? 3? 20? I guess not a huge deal if it raises 100' before my driveway (and if it takes up to 10 seconds, then maybe I'd want it to start earlier). I imagine it dropping down is much quicker.
You won't have to remember. Just adjust to max height right at the edge of your driveway and then make sure you click to remember location. You car will begin raising height to be at the correct setting when you arrive at that spot.

It learns too. After a few times selecting the wrong direction when leaving work, by pointing me into a sidewalk, it now constantly chooses the correct direction.

One improvement I would like to see is a save option for unfolding the mirrors. I have a 160' driveway. It remembers to fold the mirrors when I approach the garage, but it will not unfold the mirrors until I switch to drive 160' later, when I back out of the garage. I have to constantly unfold the mirrors before continuing backwards down the driveway.

Last edited:
Yes, it geocodes it and raises the suspension within 10 - 15 feet of the saved locations. Works well at my in-laws driveway. So if you are able to, do it right before the driveway or first in-front of the driveway. Then as you approach the next time, within 10 - 15 feet, the suspension will adjust and be raised prior to the driveway requiring no manual intervention and you save your front bumper.
It will not remember unless you specifically tell it to remember at that location.

The one thing I did not check, when I took delivery of my LR on 8/28, were the lights and directionals. Turns out one of the front light assemblies are defective. Service took us in immediately but had to order the part. As they did not have a loaner available for us they gave us a $500 credit on our Uber account! Not bad.

I am currently waiting for word from my SA's management team about the fact that my car has summer tires (I live in NY). I asked at delivery about that and they told me I had all seasons. Upon researching, I found them to be wrong. Going to be a fight if they don't swap them for me. Anyone have the same problem? Thanks.

In addition, we've heard reports that Tesla seems to be doing some EXTRA QC checks just in the past month or so at the delivery/service centers before releasing the vehicles for delivery pickup by the customer. So we'll see how it goes. Still no VIN yet so not sure if I get my car by the end of this month or some time in Oct. Thank you for thinking of us though. 👍
I also heard about EXTRA QC checks at the service centers on this forum BUT an EOQ rush at service centers with the pressure to get all the extra cars diverted from other parts of the country to California delivered by the EOQ is not something that suggests that a lot or any extra QC checks will happen.

Elon recently described this month as the craziest month for deliveries ever which is not making me feel good about the QC of my last week of September California EDD.

I want the car so bad that I can't imagine rejecting it at this point even if it is production hell like Gung Ho car.

1631216861602.png

My car went in to the service center on Tuesday to correct delivery discrepancies. They called and told me my car is ready for pick up at 11:30 this morning. Since I am already at work, I will pick it up tomorrow morning.

I mentioned to them that my wood trim on the doors does not look as nice as some I have seen in other refresh MS. He told me he will take a look. The next thing I know, my app shows they scheduled a mobile appointment on 7 October. Pretty impressed at how hassle free it has been to get corrections for things I am not satisfied with.

I also heard about EXTRA QC checks at the service centers on this forum BUT an EOQ rush at service centers with the pressure to get all the extra cars diverted from other parts of the country to California delivered by the EOQ is not something that suggests that a lot or any extra QC checks will happen.

Elon recently described this month as the craziest month for deliveries ever which is not making me feel good about the QC of my last week of September California EDD.

I want the car so bad that I can't imagine rejecting it at this point even if it is production hell like Gung Ho car.

View attachment 707185
1631217363780.png

Took delivery of my Plaid yesterday.

Specs​

Model S Plaid
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Tempest Wheels
Basic Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Pay Per Use Supercharging
CF Interior
Black Leather Seats

I used the "list" provided by MarcG. The only things I found were:
Worm/vein in yoke airbag cover (Very Slight, almost not noticeable)
Windshield/rear/side windows glass distortion (Rear window has distortion on the bottom drivers side). I don't think anybody will do anything about this.
One not on the list was the trunk would not close (and latch). It wouldn't latch when automatically closing the trunk. Service adjusted the "stops" and the trunk would close and latch when the trunk close button was pressed.
And the big one. The Plaid came with "Summer P Zero tires". This was noted and I need to contact Tesla in October and they will replace the tires with the All Seasons that the car was supposed to come with. As I live in the North East, it only makes sense to have All Seasons on the car.

Regarding my questions from before, I am not entitled to any $2000 rebate (that might have been on FSD from a couple of years ago). And my SA told me today that in 7 to 10 days a buddy and I will get the 1000 free supercharger miles.

Last but not least, this car is awesome. Still trying to learn about the features. People I have taken for a ride love it and one person who I let drive it wants one now.

VIN 5YJSA1E66MF439XXX Ordered as a Plaid Plus the day after battery day and converted to Plaid in June.

btw - um, I'm not mad at all. I just have better things to do after I get my MS Plaid (and all is well with the vehicle I hope) than hang around here posting on TMC. No offense to others on here who already have their MS Plaids/LRs but perhaps you all don't have much else to do? Don't know. But if you've noticed, I can count more than a dozen fellows that were on here posting daily back in Feb and March and April and even May and June...who are no longer active on TMC....because they already took delivery of their MS Plaids/LRs (or canceled their orders?) and have no reason to spend time on here. That's a simple fact. Other people like, ahem, I can name a few, who have already taken delivery and driving around in their MS Plaids or LRs...it's like dude, wft are you still here? Do you not have a life? LOL. 🤔 😜 So, I'm not mad at all and while your post was silly and tongue-in-cheek, it's inaccurate.

So if I tell it to set ride height to "high" when reaching that location, then selecting the prompt to remember it. Will it automatically go back to "low" when i leave that location?
Yes. Per the manual:
  • High. When set to High, the suspension automatically lowers to the default ride height* (Medium or Low) after driving approximately 100 feet (30 meters) or when driving speed reaches 35 mph (56 km/h). To maintain the High setting for an unlimited distance until your driving speed reaches the speed threshold, touch Keep until 35 mph.
So essentially, it will stay on high for 100 feet (30 meters) or you reach 35 MPH. If you want it to stay on High until you reach 35 MPH, there is a setting for that you need to touch. No matter what, after 35 MPH, it will lower to medium or low.