Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question on PFF/Ceramic timing… I am picking up Saturday…. Have a last minute schedule open up on Monday to get it in for PPF and Ceramic…. My question is… should I wait until after inspection and make sure nothing significant needs work before applying PPF (in case service has to tear it off to do something) ? Or cross my fingers it will be perfect.. Thoughts ?
I drove from the dealership straight to the detail shop. You have to make a decision regarding paint and areas that will be covered with PPF. My front bumper had scratches underneath. If I wanted it repaired by Tesla, I would have had to wait for the repair prior to PPF. I knew my guy could fix the scratches at no charge, so I was comfortable accepting delivery.

I would book the PPF appointment and make the call at the dealership as to whether you're comfortable or not accepting delivery.

Being new to EVs and Tesla, I will assuredly be on here after I finally get my S. There are way too many OTA updates and other functions which differ wildly from ICE vehicles. It will help me to hear about such updates or other functionality from experienced folks. Maybe we'll all start using the greater forum, as opposed to only posting here? 😂
There are other threads? I'm going to need to cut back on my work hours.

One time I somehow managed to change threads without realizing it. I realized it when I made a joke and got like 20 thumbs down. The folks in the investment forum are not easily amused.

There are other threads? I'm going to need to cut back on my work hours.
E850EC87-2F74-491A-A962-CEDB0BC1F239.gif

I'm done with you people, I'm going driving. I picked up my Plaid today at lunch and it's amazing. I'm not going to bore you with what everyone else has stated. VIN is MF440

I'll add these points:
  • So far paint/interior/fit & finish looks great
  • Had floor mats, but no trunk dividers/covers
  • Have airbag seam, but it's not noticeable while you drive, but you can see it from the side.
  • I have the ~40 MPH slight vibration/shudder. It's not bad but I will report that via the app.
  • AP took about 30-40 miles to calibrate
  • Yoke is a non-event, but the blinker buttons are very sensitive, I think the latest software update helps with that. I'm running the old software (2021.11.102)
Plaid mode is something that has to be experienced. No amount of words or videos can accurately portray the acceleration. All I can say is Doug DeMuro wasn't exaggerating.
IMG_0504.jpg

Question on PFF/Ceramic timing… I am picking up Saturday…. Have a last minute schedule open up on Monday to get it in for PPF and Ceramic…. My question is… should I wait until after inspection and make sure nothing significant needs work before applying PPF (in case service has to tear it off to do something) ? Or cross my fingers it will be perfect.. Thoughts ?
Schedule it for Monday.

PPF can also be done in stages. Tesla is replacing or re-painting my front bumper and rocker panels due to a paint adhesion defect and gravel damage. I don't want to wait and risk damage to other parts of the car so I am having other areas done now and will do the replaced parts when they are ready.

Having the car should not make a difference in if you have a life or not. Your position is sad.

I am one that has had a June delivery and "does not have a life" so I spend all of about 10 minutes or so a day looking. I am on here still for a few reasons:
1) Share knowledge/experience I gained from other here to those still waiting
2) Can learn of new items or issues that I would not find out about from Tesla
3) Camaraderie. Most of my posts are smart ass and do not add to anyone but I enjoy it. I think I have made a few friends along the way.

Why wait for your car?
I’m happy for you. I too have made some nice friends and contacts. But this to me is more of of an informational site and yes camaraderie for sure. But my point was this specific thread is technically for “production and delivery updates.” Correct me if I’m wrong but certainly there are other threads on TMC for specific topics on Tesla EVs. My point was once you take delivery of your MS Plaid or LR and maybe after you get your car detailed, you share the pics and as long as you’re enjoying your new car without major issues, not much reason to be here. So you’re here still…okay, I suppose you’re a better man than me to help everyone. I applaud you then. No offense, I have a company to run. Thank you.

Last edited:
Now get ANC and XM to make the car have the advertised items when sold.
Not sure if this gets XM (I don't use it) in, but new software just dropped. Immersive sound doesn't seem to be ANC, but the option is pretty cool - haven't tested in depth on a drive to know how it affects sound while driving.

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status - Post by Spyderman09

Edit to add: did my first drive with it. The sub setting was part of 32.5, so no changes there. the "Auto" for immersive sound seems to work, but will take more time with a wider range of songs to know if it will catch the difference between a rock song and a pop song and a rap song.

Last edited: