Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all of you IOS Users i can highly recommend this app it will guide you with the inspection process during delivery. It comes with checklist and you can upload pictures etc.

You are welcome

oem 21" Michelin PS4 from the Arachnids + oem TPMS are going on the new wheels actually and then the wheels will be ceramic coated when the entire car gets Ceramic Pro ceramic coated + doing full front Xpel PPF -- hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, headlights + window tinting...all at one time at a local detailing shop. :cool:
How are you only PPF'ing part of the car?

1631298873218.gif

Small update from those misalignment pics I posted yesterday. Tesla Devon just called and said they are working on the frunk and trunk alignment issues. So that’s good. Says still on schedule for tomorrow noon. Also just picked up check from Franklin Mint CU for tomorrow’s purchase.
FYI- Franklin Mint still has 1.99% 2021/2022 auto loans avail. As I just got it yesterday. So as an idea a 100k loan at that rate is $85 a month in interest on a 60 month loan.

For all of you IOS Users i can highly recommend this app it will guide you with the inspection process during delivery. It comes with checklist and you can upload pictures etc.

You are welcome

Downloaded & will use it at inspection & delivery as well as that comprehensive list someone on TMC posted. Thank you! 👍

How are you only PPF'ing part of the car?

View attachment 707580
Not interested ppf'ing the entire car. My detailer has an option for just doing the ppf on the front -- hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, & headlights for $2k. He's doing Ceramic Pro ceramic coating (5 year warranty) on the entire car though including wheels. Plus darkest FL legal window tinting all over (28% front windows but the same for all over for uniformity) + very light 55% tint on the windshield to knock out the UV rays & heat. And he's removing the front license plate holder & doing black vinyl ppf over the 2 Tesla emblems & PLAID emblem for chrome delete. Total for everything is $4,025 + tax.

Last edited:
Here is an EXCELLENT video really going into the Nürburgring run. The official Plaid 20.8 km time is 7:35 seconds, but in actuality, it is still 12 seconds ahead of the Porsche, which ran the shorter 20.6 km track config, (The one that the Plaid did 7:30 at.) CRAZY how these things work out, as Porsche's record wasn't even real!

Last edited:
My detailer has an option for just doing the ppf on the front -- hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, headlights for $2k. He's doing Ceramic Pro 2 coats (5 year warranty) on the entire car though including wheels. Plus darkest FL legal window tinting all over (28% front windows but the same for uniformity all over) + very light tint on the windshield to knock out the UV rays & heat.
I understood all of that. My question was why not the whole car? All of the PPF shops provide partial options.

So as of this morning I have had 2 week ranges ranging from Aug to Sept. Last was Sept 9 - 23 and now as of Sept 10 it just went all the way out to February. Car was originally reserved as Plaid+ on the battery day.. and still waiting who knows how long :(

Anyone else had similar date range went from 2 week ranges all the way out to next year ?
This happened to me a couple times, including right before vin assignment. I think when the system doesn't have any info, it defaults to whatever is promised to new orders in the configurator. It likely doesn't mean anything, certainly not that much of a delay

Going to a charity event on Sunday, there's always an ad-hoc car show that happens on the lawn nearest the event. There's normally not more than 10 cars in total, which are a combination of old, odd, beautiful, or otherwise notable. New and old. I figured, hey why not add my Plaid to the list... but how will people know why I thought it belonged to be there? Well, I cherry-picked some stats from around the web (YouTube drag strip runs, MotorTrend tests, as well as the page on tesla.com) and threw them onto a sheet. Bear in mind I am an engineer, not a designer... but I think it should do the trick.

Sure, I could have created another thread for this (and probably should have), but I don't feel the rest of TMC gets me the way you guys do... 😆
A8D7B0CD-E117-4998-918F-375459401CC4.jpeg

...and yes, I know *technically* the Nevera is the fastest now, but I'm gonna wait till they get a few more on the road before I give up that title, lol.

Last edited:
Are you installing mud flaps, then?
@sflgator Correct - the same stuff you are seeking to avoid by getting mud flaps still applies to other areas of the car which would not be protected by PPF. And ceramic coating only provides so much additional protection. You don't have rocks or people who don't care about other folks property in FL? I'd rather protect all of the paint. Do what your comfortable with, but this seems somewhat counter to the person I've come to know here at TMC.