Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn’t someone complaining that the refreshed S wouldn’t roll up windows? Vent/close button is on climate screen in the app. Am I mistaken about the complaint or was it added in a recent update?View attachment 708069
That is the new app. The old app cannot shut windows. Many of us are still on the old app.
You are technically ‘venting’ them. You cannot ‘open’ them (or close them) all the way down (or up). The only feature is venting, from what I have seen.

Not sure the options if you leave them down and walk away from the car. Have to imagine you cannot close them for safety reasons (your dogs head sticking out, for example).

She arrived! I guess it’s a she. Anyway, missing trunk lid, floor mats were there, have to adjust the trunk but it actually is a lot better than it was. Went through about 90% of Marc-G’s list. Super helpful.

Here are a couple pics. The wheel covers look a lot nicer in person.

View attachment 708033View attachment 708033View attachment 708035View attachment 708034View attachment 708036View attachment 708037
Awesome spectacular pictures! Thanks for posting! Happy for you! Enjoy!

You are technically ‘venting’ them. You cannot ‘open’ them (or close them) all the way down (or up). The only feature is venting, from what I have seen.

Not sure the options if you leave them down and walk away from the car. Have to imagine you cannot close them for safety reasons (your dogs head sticking out, for example).
The safety angle is a bunch of hooey. You can set the car to roll up the windows when the vehicle auto locks, and you don't have to be around for that to happen. I think it's just a crappy design of the app.

How many cars' worth of batteries? I did not see it mentioned.
Also, were they on autopilot when it happened?

Obviously. Only Teslas on autopilot get into car wrecks.

I don't think Tesla would be waiting on 1 semi-truck full of batteries to continue production of their cars through the end of this month; if they are, whomever at Tesla in charge of procurement and production planning should be FIRED. That would be a monumental production planning error, although I wouldn't put it past them especially with the parts shortages and snafus we've seen from Tesla this past year.

Man, someone mad they ain't getting their car this QTR!

Still preparing for delivery. Still contemplating removing hub caps next summer. Plan to leave on for more cover for Boston winter. For the wheel cap kits folks are buying with lots of complaints that when removing, the center piece tabs break, little flat head tool causes breaks, dents, scratches on center plate trying to remove. I got these 2.2” dent pullers for short money. Tried on my caddy wheels today. Center cap popped out in a half second. FYI is all.

She arrived! I guess it’s a she. Anyway, missing trunk lid, floor mats were there, have to adjust the trunk but it actually is a lot better than it was. Went through about 90% of Marc-G’s list. Super helpful.

Here are a couple pics. The wheel covers look a lot nicer in person.

View attachment 708033View attachment 708033View attachment 708035View attachment 708034View attachment 708036View attachment 708037
This makes me so happy about my change from white to cream. that Red is amazing!

So couple things. Is the yoke blocking everyone’s view of bottom left corner of main display? You can’t see the car icon at the bottom left and a few inches above.

Also, pulling out of a parking lot going right, and then having to quickly make a left makes it tough to turn on your blinkers to show you’re going left.

I’m on 10.2. Seems like that’s old. Can’t remember what the latest S version is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 55
So couple things. Is the yoke blocking everyone’s view of bottom left corner of main display? You can’t see the car icon at the bottom left and a few inches above.

Also, pulling out of a parking lot going right, and then having to quickly make a left makes it tough to turn on your blinkers to show you’re going left.

I’m on 10.2. Seems like that’s old. Can’t remember what the latest S version is
I can see the car icon….