Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a long standing issue with the glass. My SC showed it to me on his 2015. He didn't realize it was there until my inspection. He actually thought he could show me that it was not warped on his. I also recieved a 2017 loaner during my SC appointment and that had the warped glass too.

I have not noticed it once while driving my vehicle. I mostly use the rear camera. I probably would have never notice it if not for all the critical analysis on these forums.
@mahroni , Yup - there's no "fix" for that. Unfortunately I'm short, so it's noticeable for me. Good news is I've already learned to ignore it.

Unfortunately, my front windshield, like many folks with early releases, has a warp (again, in my view as a short person, but totally invisible to my husband). My SC ordered a replacement about 3 weeks ago that I'm waiting to arrive before taking it in. I've named my warp, "Wally," and when driving longer distances with FSD engaged, I'll move my head into Wally's line of vision just for funsies. Kaleidoscopes are cool!

Yep, it fixes the NoAP and traffic control issues that apparently needed a maps update, but despite no new nav maps these two features can be enabled again in 32.10
They were actually enabled separately. Mine started working again prior to updating from 32.5 to 32.10.

It is telling how much Tesla can control the fleet without us needing to download anything.

I still have my carbon fiber order. When should I cancel it? I don't want to be rude to Tesla hanging onto it until the last moment but I also don't want this wood order to fall through somehow. I'm out of town next week with two 6 hour flights, that's my biggest worry.
They are selling refreshes as fast as they come in so I would not worry about them being stuck with one of yours. If the timing is perfect you might even be in a position to view them both before choosing the one you like best. Are they going to Raintree? Every few days they show inventory of Plaids that are gone fast.

FWIW, the quality of the wood in mine is bad enough that I wish I had chosen carbon fiber. Credit to the Tucson service center though as they are ordering replacement pieces.

Just started this thread for posting links to Accessories…
Please participate.

View attachment 709069VIN Baby! MF443, EDD Sept 21 to 30

May it should translate into The Art of Whine
DSC04937.JPG

I don't believe so. There's a radio ID that's needed to make it work, I just added it to my account. If it was streaming over the web it would just be the app login, no need for the radio ID. Plus where would you enter your login info?
Thanks!

Sure hope so, hopefully someone gets to test it out soon that SiriusXM works without the LTE connection then. The Radio ID does kind of indicate that, so hopefully its not some virtual radio ID to setup your account/subscription that they use.

We'll have to get details as is everyone getting 3-6 months free then? Don't think Tesla would foot the bill permanently for that long for the $7-much more subscription costs depending on what packages you go with.

Getting down to my last posts. Y’all have been great. There are probably different forums for after delivery complaining 🤣
Have a few different paint chips and a rocker panel coverup that came out poorly. Misaligned just slightly trunk. Frunk gaskets “within spec” but I’m requesting second opinion when sending in. The “kid” was annoying and assuming super new. Every time we pointed out something he’d rub his chin and say “probably within specs“. Overall, spectacular vehicle. Funny how much I learned via YouTube and here on forums but forgot the minute I sat in the cockpit. Later last night grabbed some buddies for them to experience the mighty Tesla. All love the acceleration. They also freak out giggling over the auto pilot. Here’s one buddy. Classic little boy smiling reaction. They loved the yoke in seconds too!
Making my service appointment. Too many paint things to move to detailer so all that’s pushed off now too.
It did come with Continental all seasons. A lease next to me, same truck delivery, had summer Pirelli tires. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cheers!

Attachments

• 4220070E-02F1-4E84-AD87-EADD42D90A39.jpeg
    4220070E-02F1-4E84-AD87-EADD42D90A39.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Look what I just found in Tesla inventory... ;) I might as well wait although I still don't have a VIN yet but my est delivery date is holding steady at 9/29/21 - 9/30/21...this one has wood interior trim and the 19" wheels (although I have my own 21" Signature forged wheels) and doesn't have FSD (which ahem, doesn't really exist yet anyhow). But, SOMEONE should grab this one! The white interiors are coming! @umair239 @Aleks0404 @Kondo
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 8.32.21 AM.png

Last edited:
Added my trial 3 month with the radio ID.

Started my 3 month trial, Loved XM in my previous vehicles and still have it in my Jeeps. However, underwhelmed with the XM sound quality in the S - not as good as streaming or Spotify. Album art is sporadic at best. Also, too many buttons to switch back and forth on channels.

Was excited to get it but now not so sure I will keep it past the 3 months. In the 10k+ miles, I have only lost signal a few times in the mountains. Can use USB music for that if needed.

Started my 3 month trial, Loved XM in my previous vehicles and still have it in my Jeeps. However, underwhelmed with the XM sound quality in the S - not as good as streaming or Spotify. Album art is sporadic at best. Also, too many buttons to switch back and forth on channels.

Was excited to get it but now not so sure I will keep it past the 3 months. In the 10k+ miles, I have only lost signal a few times in the mountains. Can use USB music for that if needed.
My wife has it in her SUV, she told me it costs $20 a month. If that is true, I'm not gonna bother with it. I don't travel that much these days to warrant paying HBO prices for commercial free radio.

My wife has it in her SUV, she told me it costs $20 a month. If that is true, I'm not gonna bother with it. I don't travel that much these days to warrant paying HBO prices for commercial free radio.

I have always used it since I road trip quite often and I have the same station no matter where I am. Also use it in the Jeeps so when we are out in BFE, we still have a strong signal.

Very impressed with the streaming that is from Tesla. There are quite a few choices and as long as there is a cell signal, I get good quality music.

The best part of the update, though, is that I can check off one more promised feature finally delivered by Tesla.

Sorry to do this once again but can the Battery Day Plaid which became Plaid+ reservation holders confirm my recollection that the deposit was $1,000. Tesla is saying $100 which equals the amount they have returned. They have asked that I go back through last year's Amex statements to find the actual deposit.

Am I crazy here?
Update
So Tesla refunded $100 a month after my Plaid+ order was canceled by the Tesla rep. I got a hold of my local service center to inquire about the remaining $900 and was told my deposit was $100 not $1,000. Basically, I was wrong. My peeps here on the forums were kind enough to verify that I was not crazy and that the deposit was indeed $1000.

I went back and found all my Amex statements and there was the September 2020 $1,000 deposit for the Plaid => Plaid+.

My question is when does a string of not so nice activity on the part of a company move from the neglect column to the intentional column?

I partitioned my SSD today to add boombox sounds. I now have the starting music and start countdown from Mario Kart. I plan to use it at every red light. 😁
They are selling refreshes as fast as they come in so I would not worry about them being stuck with one of yours. If the timing is perfect you might even be in a position to view them both before choosing the one you like best. Are they going to Raintree? Every few days they show inventory of Plaids that are gone fast.

FWIW, the quality of the wood in mine is bad enough that I wish I had chosen carbon fiber. Credit to the Tucson service center though as they are ordering replacement pieces.
What was the problem with the wood interior in your car? I am awaiting delivery of my car which also has the same interior.