Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is just no getting through to you about how off base you are with your assessment of me. I also like how you cherry picked your bold again, ignoring the first part of that sentence.

Maybe when you quote me, you should read what I was responding to:

You see, when the price difference was 50K, people talked about how that makes sense. Then it went back to 40k, and that also made sense. My comment was based on how people will justify anything to fit their narrative. It was a snarky joke about the market value.

Just like when several of us were complaining about how bad the audio was, and a bunch of people chimed in about how it already sounds perfect to them.

And then Tesla added a Subwoofer.

And then Tesla added adaptive audio.

But the sound was already perfect...

Stop assigning meaning to my comments. Just stop. You lack an ability to identify sarcasm, among other comprehension deficiencies.
Yeah man, anyone who disagrees with you definitely has a problem either with comprehension or other. You're never wrong, everyone else who calls you out is, right? Like I said, it wasn't just me. Other users found your comments to be in poor taste and you refuse to acknowledge that you failed to verbalize your opinion in a proper manner.
Listen, word vomit isn't going to help you here. Take responsibility, or not, and move on. I do not care either way. Peace out!

It sounds to me like "said the best wife ever".
Yup, I thought she was waaay out of my league when we first met. Still do, really.

congratulations on winning, well, life.

I guess that all depends on how we look at our own individual experiences... I've gone through 8 spine surgeries in the last five years, have permanent nerve damage from one of them, my oldest son nearly bled out and died when his ulcer perforated an artery two years ago, my wife had two emergency surgeries in July, we worked ourselves to death for five years at a failed business back in the '90's, etc. etc.

So sure, it hasn't always been sunshine and rainbows, by any means. Life never is. It's hard. Damn hard. But it sure beats the alternative! ;)

Wow picked up my model s LR. It really is incredible. No issues whatsoever build quality is great!!!!!

How do you turn sentry mode on? It’s not giving me the option to turn it off or on? I did format the USB but nothing. I know I am missing something.
Thank you
What software version are you on?
The Sentry option should show once you tap on the car icon on lower left side of the screen.
You can also use your phone app to switch on and off on the go.
You also have the option to leave Sentry on permanently and exclude places like home.

What software version are you on?
The Sentry option should show once you tap on the car icon on lower left side of the screen.
You can also use your phone app to switch on and off on the go.
You also have the option to leave Sentry on permanently and exclude places like home.

no way to turn on or off. Or am I just missing it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 71
That's actually really good to hear.

I couldn't order the 21" wheels, due to what passes for "roads" where I live; 21's would get destroyed in short order here. 19's are even pushing it a bit.

I really don't mind the look of the 19's, but could certainly see that some people wouldn't care for them.

As to the aero caps, OMG they're ugly IMO, but I'll use them when driving to work (131.6 miles, not that I've ever measured...) hopefully, they aren't too bad to put on/take off, as I'd like to keep them off for "around the town" driving.

No regrets getting the 19s, I like em. Yea it’s the same where I live with pot holes etc.
The aerocaps are simple and quick to remove + put back on. When putting back on, just line up the air nozzle and they go on with very little force.

My friend, I totally understand...

I told me wife nearly exactly what you posted... I'm concerned, anxious, feeling guilty, etc. Her response: "Honey, for 27 years, I've watched you struggle to get your career going, work endless hours, with months at a time away from home. I've watched you sacrifice everything you wanted in order to provide for your family. You've supported me and our two kids better than a wife could ever ask a husband to do. It's time you rewarded yourself for a job well done. Get the car, and enjoy every second of it. Don't feel bad, guilty or anxious. You've done your job for me and our family. I want you to get that car and enjoy every minute of it. Oh, and I want you to take me to a drive in theater after we get the car. And make out. A lot."

Life is short. Do something that makes you happy, even if it means you have to stretch a bit to do it. Yeah, "Life is short" gets used a lot, but often time people don't really realize how much that really applies; I've had several friends have their lives cut short recently and unexpectedly. Buy the car. Eat your desert. Be happy. Gawd knows you deserve it.

Chances are, you're the typical American man that has worked his whole life to support his family and has never bothered to pat himself on the back a bit for it.

Pat your back, man... you've done good.

Oh, and post pics of your new ride. :D
I agree with you! Tesla has been my dream car since they first came out. Never had the income or budget to afford it. 10 years later, 2 degrees and the job of my dreams, now the car! It's time buddy, it's our time!

So strange Im getting my car next Monday and have not heard from anyone. Will I get a call?Can't imagine not being on this forum as that is the only reason I know anything about the pick up process.
The pick up process is very quick and easy. If you want quick, you can be on the road in 30 min or less.
You’ll hear from the SC in the next couple of days or you can send email and ask for a call.

Anyone else have buyers remorse after their purchase? I’ve never purchased something so expensive(besides a house) or a new car before. Like I’ve been wanting a Tesla for like 6 years and should be arriving this coming Saturday but I can’t help but feel so guilty that my anxiety has been a problem.
Maybe I’m just overthinking lol
Don’t feel guilty about spending money on a nice car. It’s way more satisfying than spending money on investments 🥱. You work hard, so enjoy it.. Besides real estate, what else are we supposed to spend money on? Lots of Women spend money on shoes; Men spend money on watches and art. I like cars 😍

Picked up this evening! Had some delivery delays, but it arrived around noon today, and they were able to release it by 4PM.

Overall, it’s…… INCREDIBLE… I laughed uncontrollably when I first punched it, and had an enormous smile from ear to ear!

Several have given their perspectives, and I have the same feelings while driving, about the yolk, etc.

Pleasant surprises:
- It came with the key fabs and parcel shelf

As far as quality issue - none were surprising:
- back seats had a lot of wrinkles
- fair amount of rubber molding fit issues around doors, hood
- passenger side view mirror pain’t isn’t great
- scraped undercarriage

Attachments

• 9DF21D7E-20F5-45F1-961D-03220E82CD89.jpeg
    9DF21D7E-20F5-45F1-961D-03220E82CD89.jpeg
    633.5 KB · Views: 71
  • EB431972-2FA6-4AB3-A41E-9DE74E03A45F.jpeg
    EB431972-2FA6-4AB3-A41E-9DE74E03A45F.jpeg
    872.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 2F8E492E-B132-496D-A891-37E0BD464D74.jpeg
    2F8E492E-B132-496D-A891-37E0BD464D74.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 67
  • C5D9B02C-BA7F-4AA9-92C7-3C5EEE05A66A.jpeg
    C5D9B02C-BA7F-4AA9-92C7-3C5EEE05A66A.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 66
  • E93EB189-B76F-48DC-ABD4-FF40EFCBAB7D.jpeg
    E93EB189-B76F-48DC-ABD4-FF40EFCBAB7D.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 3D0AA5C9-C45A-43B4-BE6D-B7DDC22617E7.jpeg
    3D0AA5C9-C45A-43B4-BE6D-B7DDC22617E7.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 78
Picked up this evening! Had some delivery delays, but it arrived around noon today, and they were able to release it by 4PM.

Overall, it’s…… INCREDIBLE… I laughed uncontrollably when I first punched it, and had an enormous smile from ear to ear!

Several have given their perspectives, and I have the same feelings while driving, about the yolk, etc.

Pleasant surprises:
- It came with the key fabs and parcel shelf

As far as quality issue - none were surprising:
- back seats had a lot of wrinkles
- fair amount of rubber molding fit issues around doors, hood
- passenger side view mirror pain’t isn’t great
- scraped undercarriage
Congratulations! That front rubber molding is awful. Can’t believe they didn’t fix prior to delivery.