Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok,
So slightly off topic, when I dropped off my Plaid for PPF, I was asked about chrome deleting the “T” & “Plaid” badges in the back.
initially said no as the lack of contrast would make them nearly invisible.
I really dislike menus with black text on a red background in restaurants for that reason.
Now having second thoughts as they are inconsistent with the rest of the trim.
Included at no additional cost.
So decision is purely on the aesthetics.
Thoughts, please.
7AEF5B95-B53D-4DB3-ACDC-ADDEF2E1E562.jpeg
47729AEB-01FF-4B19-A26F-4EF4962154B8.jpeg

Front and rear are gloss black to match everything else that is gloss black. My OCD likes symmetry.

I would reject this car only because of the chip in the door, that whole door has to be repainted to fix that. All the other items can be easily fixed and quickly fixed. I think those items on the camera and door are transport damage. The fender liner just has to be secured properly, the lights I think buffed out, and the trim re-attached correctly.
Frankly anything short of repainting the entire car wouldn’t stop me from taking delivery. I’ve seen the quality work out local Tesla-certified body shop does with repainting factory defects. Complete confidence.

Ok,
So slightly off topic, when I dropped off my Plaid for PPF, I was asked about chrome deleting the “T” & “Plaid” badges in the back.
I really dislike menus with black text on a red background in restaurants for that reason.
Thoughts, please.
making them nearly invisible is the point…for me. Anyone who matters will know it’s a Tesla regardless of chrome delete, which I will do on my MSM.

Ok,
Thoughts, please.

I had my T in the front replaced with a carbon fiber one. I had the T & PLAID on the back painted gloss black (contrasts the now satin panels). They look tight, as the Pitch Guy would say. I could have had PLAID removed—they offered—but, that’s what it is and I’m not a fan of debadging. I do agree that having those bits be the only chrome is weird, especially now that the T E S L A banner across the back isn’t chrome.

I briefly contemplated an actual splash of color (even imagined yellow because I’m a yellow jacket), but to pull that off I’d have to paint the calipers the same color I think, and I just didn’t feel like it.

View attachment 712643View attachment 712644
Front and rear are gloss black to match everything else that is gloss black. My OCD likes symmetry.
Man, I really like that. But it would blend too much on the black paint. Trying to figure out if I want to do anything to mine or just leave it Chrome. On my previous S, I chrome deleted everything but the two Ts and TESLA along the rear.

Man, I really like that. But it would blend too much on the black paint. Trying to figure out if I want to do anything to mine or just leave it Chrome. On my previous S, I chrome deleted everything but the two Ts and TESLA along the rear.
Carbon fiber would look great on black! I'm just a stickler for quality parts that match and I'm unsure about the eBay offerings.

Can you please share a step by step for installing the mud flaps?
Also are you aware of the all season tire options for 19" rims?
@umair239 I shared the mud flap installation several times, including back in this thread somewhere when I did it mid August. In summary, I used $20 universal flaps from Amazon, 3M double sided tape on the quarter panel and fender edges (along with one metal screw per flap), and drilled push pin holes through the flaps and wheel well liner where I felt a secure point was needed. Originally, this was going to be a temporary deal, but I really like the result, so there are here to stay! Re 19” tire options. Yes, I’m aware. I currently have a request into Tesla to replace my summers with all seasons.

Word of warning, already stressed by others.
My car has 200 hundred miles, a couple dozen launches, and the rear wheel arches are starting to look sand blasted. Plenty of tiny specs of missing paint. When I'm back from vacation I'm going to wrap those in blue painters tape until I can get it to my wrap appointment in late October. Maybe I should order some track wrap too.

Also I drove it a bunch on Sunday. It's definitely a notch above a P100D on launch and a step above when at 25+ mph. Just an incredible car. And it keeps it up at any charge level.
I found myself also just sitting inside the interior in Park. The interior is incredible and just a nice place to hangout. Feels like a high-end modern home, especially with the wood.

@asimo3089 Can you post a picture of your rear wheel arches?​

My car is in for a full front Suntek Reaction PPF + window tint and I want to have him put film where you are having the problem. He asked for a pic and I find can't anything searching the Internet or this forum... I know pics are here but...wrong...search...words. :mad:

The weather was nice last night so the wife and I went to a local restaurant that had an outdoor dining area, overlooking a small parking lot for only 3 cars. When I pulled in, I was the only car there in my red plaid... but shortly after we were sat, a ~2020 blue MS pulled in, and a very shiny black model 3 pulled in too. The guy in the 3 was admiring my car, so I got up and showed him the interior. He was amazed and said that the fit and finish seemed to have taken a leap even in regards to his 2021 model 3 (which he said didn't have any big problems, but did have a few little things). We continued to nerd out about Teslas for another minute or two, he took some pics, and grabbed his burrito to go. Then... a Taycan 4S pulled into the spot he left!

I was amazed at the showing of electric cars, and happy to see that people are indeed noticing that Tesla is trying harder at their interiors now.

@asimo3089 Can you post a picture of your rear wheel arches?​

My car is in for a full front Suntek Reaction PPF + window tint and I want to have him put film where you are having the problem. He asked for a pic and I find can't anything searching the Internet or this forum... I know pics are here but...wrong...search...words. :mad:
Few images in here. Model S Plaid: Paint chipping on Rear quarter panel and doors

Really you need wrap the rear doors and rear quarter panels. You can do half, if you want seams.

Hi, first time posting and recently purchased the MS LR July 10, 2021 and set up the rest of the car order got it approved August 9th, 2021.

My EDD originally went from Sept-Oct to Nov 7-27 to Dec 7-27 and is now blank. Is anyone facing the same thing?
Just got an update for my EDD. Got updated to Dec 12-Jan 12…. Hopefully it’ll move up…? Not sure how the dates work after the EDD comes back after going black.

Just got an update for my EDD. Got updated to Dec 12-Jan 12…. Hopefully it’ll move up…? Not sure how the dates work after the EDD comes back after going black.
What is your build out of curiosity? I ordered in May and have an EDD of late October so as far as timelines go, December sounds right for a July order. BUT timelines mean nothing here so you may see it shift again.

Has anyone else put the launch day plaid badge on? I'm thinking of taking the plaid word off and replacing it with one of those, but I'm also wary of random ebay quality.

Thanks to @HumanInput, there is supposed to be a high quality launch-day type of Plaid badge available soon from Billet Badges: http://www.billetbadges.com/ The last I heard, on July 8, Billet Badges was to have a design ready in about 6 - 8 weeks.

Forgot to mention..,,
Car had 2021.31.101
Delivery associate had me do a steering wheel 2 button reset to resolve issue that
Streaming audio (Tune-in, Slacker & Spotify) was not producing sound. Playing, but as if muted. Audio for other functions, however, were audible. (Warning sounds…)
I had a similar issue with Bluetooth the weekend before last. The radio and onboard streaming worked fine, but the Bluetooth connection to my phone played, but no audio. Once I deleted my phone and re-added it things started working again.

In other news, my mysterious Tesla support engineering dude has been monitoring my screen issues. He did something that made it work for almost a week. Now, it's intermittent again. Taking it in Oct 4th and will continue appointments until it's either fixed, or I will start on the lemon law angle.

Love the car when everything is working. Hate it the rest of the time.

What is your build out of curiosity? I ordered in May and have an EDD of late October so as far as timelines go, December sounds right for a July order. BUT timelines mean nothing here so you may see it shift again.
It’s a LR with white exterior and black interior. Tempest 19 wheels. Hopefully you’re right about that…. Sold my car in December of last year and have been barely surviving with a bicycle haha. Will need my Tesla ASAP