Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the app upgrade for giggles checked my account as the reservation shows on the app now. Well the S anyway (not the 3 CTs). States to ‘go to account’ to manage. OK. Why not.

I have an EDD! 10/1-31. Happy
🎃

And for those of you who might have read my previous posts, I’m more than likely going to defer to the new year.
Looks like I don’t have to worry….my EDD skipped 2 months in 2 days. It’s now

December 16 - January 05

No way I’m taking an EOQ/EOY vehicle. Not from any manufacturer.
Hoping my EDD slips a bit. It keeps creeping in.

My EDD just went from 10/16-11/5 to 9/16-9/30. No way in hell I’d take an end of quarter car. Besides, I will be out of country. So not sure what happens. End of line or next available.
Saved. Today, the 19th, it went from

9/19-9/30 to

Estimated Delivery: October 14 - November 03​

And here we go again.....

Estimated Delivery: September 24 - September 30​

Ugh. Still have to sell my S75 and arrange financing. Car is listed for sale here if anyone knows someone looking......

In Summary (to the best of my recollection)

DateEDD
Up until 08/26Blank
08/2610/01-10/31
08/2912/16-01/05
-10/16-11/05
09/0409/16-09/30
-09/19-09/30
09/1910/14-11/03
09/2209/24-09/30

Too funny.......

Last edited:

@asimo3089 Can you post a picture of your rear wheel arches?​

My car is in for a full front Suntek Reaction PPF + window tint and I want to have him put film where you are having the problem. He asked for a pic and I find can't anything searching the Internet or this forum... I know pics are here but...wrong...search...words. :mad:
I had my guy add a second layer of Reaction to the problem area. Food for thought.

256GB will not get you a year. Maybe half a year. Then again, it depends on the amount of sentry events. So even a 500GB will not get you a year if you have hundred of sentry events every day. I would not treat this as a "set it and forget it" sort of thing. Maybe clear it out once a month.

I had my guy add a second layer of Reaction to the problem area. Food for thought.

This is probably what I am going to do on the rear fender.

Yup. Best to take off the OEM strip (if your car came with it) for the first layer so there are no air pockets. Put a similar sized or oversized piece similar to OEM one on top. Now if it gets banged up, take it off and replace....

Yup. Best to take off the OEM strip (if your car came with it) for the first layer so there are no air pockets. Put a similar sized or oversized piece similar to OEM one on top. Now if it gets banged up, take it off and replace....
Exactly what I did and precisely my thought re: the second layer. I had my guy add the second layer up to and even with the bumper on the other side of the wheel.

@umair239 I shared the mud flap installation several times, including back in this thread somewhere when I did it mid August. In summary, I used $20 universal flaps from Amazon, 3M double sided tape on the quarter panel and fender edges (along with one metal screw per flap), and drilled push pin holes through the flaps and wheel well liner where I felt a secure point was needed. Originally, this was going to be a temporary deal, but I really like the result, so there are here to stay! Re 19” tire options. Yes, I’m aware. I currently have a request into Tesla to replace my summers with all seasons.
Thank you for this. I wonder if there are any Plaids that got delivered with All Seasons 19" tires. May be it is only LR that got the love.

256GB will not get you a year. Maybe half a year. Then again, it depends on the amount of sentry events. So even a 500GB will not get you a year if you have hundred of sentry events every day. I would not treat this as a "set it and forget it" sort of thing. Maybe clear it out once a month.
Thanks

What I means by the Q was if the SD card is good enough to last without a fail for at least a year with the amount of writes happening into it. I will probably clear out videos once a week.

Thanks

What I means by the Q was if the SD card is good enough to last without a fail for at least a year with the amount of writes happening into it. I will probably clear out videos once a week.
Maybe then the generic version of the one that Tesla now supplies: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BAR-Plus-64GB-MUF-64BE4/dp/B07BPKL2D2

All right,
Apologies again for more off-topic items. Perhaps this should be or is already part of a new thread. However this is the largest audience that could be addressed on these topics. If need be a moderator can move this to a new thread…
I was only able to drive my car briefly from a Tesla Service Center to the PPF installer location. Only on surface streets…

here goes…
A few Features from my Pre-’21 Model S 100D I will miss as they don’t appear to be on the new Refreshed Model S Plaid.

It’s possible that I just haven’t figured them out yet - reading the manual and my brief drive.

1. Pulling autopilot stalk towards me to set The speed to the current speed limit plus the offset. We also have a Model 3 and touching the speed limit sign on the touchscreen accomplishes the same thing. On the Plaid Model S, Speed Limit Sign is on the Instrument Cluster, not the Touchscreen)
This could easily be accommodated in software.

2. Making phone calls on the pre-refresh model S is so easy and less of a distraction using the scroll whee/instrument cluster. Option completely gone in the model 3.
Has anybody found something similar on your new MS?
Otherwise it’s just voice dialing or using the phone app on the main screen:(