Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't wanna bring it up unless they bring it up 😂
I am assuming it's a no charge. I don't have the service appointment until October 25th. They didn't have a Saturday available for me to go. Will keep you posted.
@umair239 For me, the day before the appointment they surprised me with the “Good news” that I can swap the tires for crappy Contis for a small fee of $300 plus tax. And then, after that long wait, they say they have nothing in stock and need to reschedule the appointment.

Sold my S on Saturday.....gone but certainly not forgotten...now waiting for a VIN, a real date, a 2022, and better lights.... :0

Might just bite without the last two. See last comment as to why.

DateEDD
Up until 08/26Blank
08/2610/01-10/31
08/2912/16-01/05
-10/16-11/05
09/0409/16-09/30
-09/19-09/30
09/1910/14-11/03
09/2209/24-09/30
09/24?09/27-09/30
09/2810/07-10/27

Look how close latest dates are to first ones from a month ago. :)

OT. Sold wife's X. To be picked up 10/08....MY Performance on order for her. Delivery 11/30-12/30......really excited for both!

Attachments

• OFA-5D-210919-10040.jpg
    OFA-5D-210919-10040.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 85
@umair239 For me, the day before the appointment they surprised me with the “Good news” that I can swap the tires for crappy Contis for a small fee of $300 plus tax. And then, after that long wait, they say they have nothing in stock and need to reschedule the appointment.
That's terrible lol cannot wait to hear the "good news" from the SC now :rolleyes:

@moonm3 I can assure you, it is not a "marriage made in heaven". I used Track Armor for two hours on my MSM Plaid and it darkened the paint/ceramic coat where it was a applied. What crap. I have two rolls of the shite... Had to strip and reapply the ceramic coating to rectify the discoloration... YMMV....
Great. Anyone need an unused, unopened roll of track armor let me know.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My White on White Plaid with Carbon fiber and Arachnids is finally ready for pickup at the Carlsbad, CA delivery center. I have decided to keep my LR car and not upgrade to the Plaid. Is there anyone here that is interested in picking up this car? I might be able to ask my SA if I can transfer my reservation to someone here. I’m not looking to make any money on this transaction - I would just like to see the car go to a forum member that has been waiting a long time for this car. I’m not even sure if Tesla will allow such a thing, but I’m willing to try. DM me if interested

@umair239 Yep. And they have no idea how long it will take, once ordered, for them to come in. May you have better luck.
After looking into it I am also thinking about not getting All Season Contis on my Plaid. They have terrible reviews, poor pothole performance and wet and dry conditions performance. How in the world did they ever make it on a Tesla is beyond me. I think I will go for the Micheline Pilot 4S All Season. Not too happy about this because these tires are a bit noisy and had a slight humming or whirring sound to them at speeds of over 70mph when I had them on my Model 3. This sucks!

For those of you debating on 19’s or 21’s. Here are the 19’s powder coated satin black. Paid $500.

View attachment 715339
View attachment 715340
Thanks! Looks great! I am planning to do the same thing and just need to decide between satin and gloss. Does the satin match the trim or is the trim more gloss?

Sorry, I'll find out what the trim looks like tomorrow morning at my pickup unless Tesla gives my car to someone else. I have confirmed my pickup 2x but they keep leaving me voicemails and texting me saying I need to confirm or I'll lose it. They are serious about getting all their cars delivered EOQ.

My thoughts on PPF...you get what you pay for. Wrapping is a skill and some are better at it than others. I've seen a lot of wraps and can easily tell the good from the bad. Most of the time you have to get pretty close to see the difference so that's a personal preference if you care that much. Check reputation, preferably look at examples of wraps that shop has done and talk to the owners of the cars. Most of the cost is the labor and you're paying for somebodies level of expertise...not something that I would personally want to bargin hunt.

Note: While PPF provides a certain level of protection to the paint against nicks, the gloss level is not higher than a freshly washed/waxed or polished painted surface. The pics of a new S thats washed with no PPF would be same as with PPF. When I stand and look at my wifes Y, for example, there is zero difference in shine/gloss between hood (has PPF) and the adjacent fenders (no ppf).
SunTek Reaction has 'built-in' ceramic So the gloss should be same as paint with ceramic. Longevity is greater (no need for re-coats) and warranty is 12 years. You want zero difference in gloss between PPF that has no ceramic and non PPF. That would be the point, no?

Gloss:

No ceramic on paint=Non-ceramic PPF
Ceramic on paint=Non-ceramic PPF + ceramic coat on film
Ceramic on paint=Ceramic PPF

Protection:

No PPF<Any PPF
No PPF + Ceramic<Any PPF with or without ceramic coat on film

Fair question - but the protection PPF provides is certainly a known quantity. Whether it's worth the price or not is subjective.

XPEL, Suntek, Llumar all offer great PPF products. I went with Suntek Reaction because it is new on the market and offers unprecedented hydrophobic qualities without the need for ceramic coating. I was able to get the Reaction along with tint and ceramic coating cheaper than the XPEL Ultimate Plus (through different shops). This video also helped:

I've used SunTek since 2002. Multiple cars. Quality and durability improves every year or so. For any imperfections I pour hot water on it and it basically self heals. To an extent.

To answer your question. Suntek only offers the Reaction in a gloss finish. A matte finish is coming, but not yet on the market. They do offer their Ultra in matte (but I prefer the Reaction).

Just be aware that matte on MSM is very subtle. That's why I'm going with Reaction vs Ultra Defense Matte. That and the ceramic 'built-in'. :)

After looking into it I am also thinking about not getting All Season Contis on my Plaid. They have terrible reviews, poor pothole performance and wet and dry conditions performance. How in the world did they ever make it on a Tesla is beyond me. I think I will go for the Micheline Pilot 4S All Season. Not too happy about this because these tires are a bit noisy and had a slight humming or whirring sound to them at speeds of over 70mph when I had them on my Model 3. This sucks!
@umair239 Yep, cost saving measure applied by Tesla to a $150,000 car..... Michelin is supposed to release the Pilot Sport EV tires in the US next month. Way better range and noise levels than the PS4ASs... Yeah, this stinks.

Last edited:
My thoughts on PPF...you get what you pay for. Wrapping is a skill and some are better at it than others. I've seen a lot of wraps and can easily tell the good from the bad. Most of the time you have to get pretty close to see the difference so that's a personal preference if you care that much. Check reputation, preferably look at examples of wraps that shop has done and talk to the owners of the cars. Most of the cost is the labor and you're paying for somebodies level of expertise...not something that I would personally want to bargin hunt.

I've done a few things myself. Lights (with a provided template-cut), doors. Neither was close to what my installer could do. Took them off because they were far from perfect. I've done blackouts/chrome deletes. Perfectly. Working vinyl is nothing like working PPF.

For my upcoming Plaid and wife's new MY Performance, I've visited shops to see their work and talk to the actual installers. Best be comfortable with their skill set and knowledge than dancing over a few hundred bucks saved. My opinion only......

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc