Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been covered in detail already but I can’t find it. Sales advisor gave me the same spiel I heard somewhere earlier in this forum - the 19s that come with the car are not summers nor all seasons and couldn’t explain it any more than that. So what the heck does that mean? I’ve always thought there were Summer, Winter, and A/S tires and these don’t seem to fit into one of those 3 simple buckets!? Bottom line - are they measurably worse in the snow than other A/S tires?
On the 19” that have been delivered, the Pirellis are Summer tires and the Continentals are All Seasons.

The matte PPF is not as obvious on MSM (silver metallic) as it is on black. That's what two installers told me and I doubted until I saw it myself. This concluded by putting a piece of Reaction (gloss) and Ulta Defense Matte side by side on a silver vehicle. Maybe the differences are more notable on other brands, but not so much SunTech.
Here are my favorite two for comparison. The matte is xpel from a place in Darien, CT. Glossy if from someone on this board...
1632793527302_993_Turbo-18.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 10.34.24.png

On the 19” that have been delivered, the Pirellis are Summer tires and the Continentals are All Seasons.
It sounded like the continentals were only an exception applied to a few folks that were promised A/S when that was in error by the SA.

I believe the Pirellis are the ones with the confusing label that SAs are giving them being - non-Summer / non-A/S which is very strange. Someone said they even reached out to Pirelli and couldn’t get a straight answer because these tires are so new and exclusive to Tesla or something like that.

I purchased a pre-cut hood for my Wifes Y. I requested that it be large enough to wrap around edges. The seller said "sure/no problem". They use a laser cutting machine to make the template. I was able to easily wrap around all edges.
Which vendor is this?

This sounds like an excellent plan to get PPF installed without breaking the bank; so many thousands spent on PPF, and Tesla has given us ZERO on this when we trade in.

Why bother?

(I keep thinking "this time we'll keep it a long time" and . . . our 10th is on order. Oops.)

It sounded like the continentals were only an exception applied to a few folks that were promised A/S when that was in error by the SA.

I believe the Pirellis are the ones with the confusing label that SAs are giving them being - non-Summer / non-A/S which is very strange. Someone said they even reached out to Pirelli and couldn’t get a straight answer because these tires are so new and exclusive to Tesla or something like that.
There are some TMC members who had their cars delivered with the Continental AS without having to ask.

...so many thousands spent on PPF, and Tesla has given us ZERO on this when we trade in.

Why bother?
I didn't make my decision to get PPF based upon a perceived value Tesla provides vis a vis a trade in. I made it because I use my cars and appreciate keeping them in very good condition. I hate chips and other imperfections that are unavoidable if you use your car. I simply appreciate the protection PPF provides.

yall be crazy with this ceramic vs ppf vs graphene vs shiny vs matte vs satin, do what yah want. no perfect thing that fits everyone. ... soooo who's ready for the next two days of VIN craziness? doubt I'm getting a call on Thursday lmao.
I got my vin today, but am out of town so I had to pass on it… NO SOUP FOR YOU, back of the line. Hopefully I get another VIN soon.

ThIs should be simple… if they have the M+S logo on them, that’s DOT approved “all seasons”. If it doesn’t, it’s not. If it has the snowflake and mountains logo, it’s winter, if it doesn’t it not.

I believe it doesn’t matter what Tesla or Pirelli state as the answer. Those things are pretty cut and dry! DOT logo says what tire it is. And I believe that’s the answer that counts :)

I had a July order, a November/December delivery. And much to my surprise Tesla called me yesterday morning and told me they had my car ready if I wanted it because of a canceled order. So I picked her up! BUT I TRY TO CONNECT WIFI AND IT DOESNT FIND ANYTHING to connect to!! Anyone have a clue? I’m incredibly happy with it overall. It’s VERY FAST especially from 40-80
78FD35DB-DA7C-4EC6-8984-AB6C0C2E23ED.jpeg

I had a July order, a November/December delivery. And much to my surprise Tesla called me yesterday morning and told me they had my car ready if I wanted it because of a canceled order. So I picked her up! BUT I TRY TO CONNECT WIFI AND IT DOESNT FIND ANYTHING to connect to!! Anyone have a clue? I’m incredibly happy with it overall. It’s VERY FAST especially from 40-80 View attachment 715620
try soft reset then research wifi connections

Hi everyone! Long time lurker on this forum. Really appreciate all the awesome discussion!

Placed an order for my plaid red/white/cf/21” on the day it was announced, and just today finally have a VIN. You can imagine how excited I was! My question is once a vin is assigned, is it usually a day or two until delivery appointment? I’m in the Bay Area…

Cheers all!

Hi everyone! Long time lurker on this forum. Really appreciate all the awesome discussion!

Placed an order for my plaid red/white/cf/21” on the day it was announced, and just today finally have a VIN. You can imagine how excited I was! My question is once a vin is assigned, is it usually a day or two until delivery appointment? I’m in the Bay Area…

Cheers all!
Welcome to the thread! Congrats on ordering the Plaid! :D