Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dang EOQ madness brings out the hate...
meanwhile, nada LR white interiors delivered and peeps ordered in April/May/June even July complaining their date slipped. whaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

all I can hope for is the glimmer of hope over the next 3 weeks that my date doesn't slip again. hate for Tesla? eh... it's a good car, fast, cool tech, fun, limited (the MS is a low production car compared to M3/MY), yall complaining mostly knew when you ordered that the car was delayed. The few of us left that ordered before the March production start came and went are the ones that can complain. lol. but then again, won't do anything.

(I'm in the last stage of grief apparently, acceptance haha)

UPDATE. Bought a WiFi extender. The WiFi reception on this thing absolutely sucks. I had to put the extender in the garage 5 feet away. It wouldn’t even keep a signal in the house by the door!
But.
The things I like include. The speed. This thing is so ridiculously fast in the middle and upper ranges. I went from 70, to 110, in what felt like a solid second. Unbelievably fast and throws you back in your seat at high rate of speed. The power is linear, not like it used to be in my others. It accelerates damn near as hard at 80 miles an hour as it does at 50. The auto pilot is better than my M3P. It doesn’t ride the left side of the shoulder near the barrier like my three did. The ride is very comfortable, and quiet. Takes bumps much better than my M3P. Overall very happy.

Consider the possibility that the wifi issue is not a design defect, but a faulty part, such as a bad or disconnected antenna.

I think the old cars had them in the side mirror.

Worth setting up a mobile appointment.

And EDD moves yet again, lost count of how many times. Now Oct 28 - Nov 17.

How do you know Tesla is lying? Because their lips are moving. I don't even have a car yet, and I already hate this company.

Just tell me the truth, is it March 2022? June 2022? Is it never coming? Just do anything but do not, do NOT make up some *sugar* date again so you can boast of high order counts on your damn earnings call. **** Elon, **** Tesla, **** Model S, **** this company. I'm out.
Sooo. What did you order? Did I just move up one spot in line?

And EDD moves yet again, lost count of how many times. Now Oct 28 - Nov 17.

How do you know Tesla is lying? Because their lips are moving. I don't even have a car yet, and I already hate this company.

Just tell me the truth, is it March 2022? June 2022? Is it never coming? Just do anything but do not, do NOT make up some *sugar* date again so you can boast of high order counts on your damn earnings call. **** Elon, **** Tesla, **** Model S, **** this company. I'm out.

Don't let them take your deposit!

Consider the possibility that the wifi issue is not a design defect, but a faulty part, such as a bad or disconnected antenna.

I think the old cars had them in the side mirror.

Worth setting up a mobile appointment.
The wifi antenna in my 2013 S is in the right side mirror. I had Tesla service look at it years ago, and they said nothing was wrong with it. But you never know. I would still have it looked at. Even if nothing is "wrong" with it, maybe service calls will prompt Tesla to fix it someday.

No problem my guy! I remember when you passed that 1:1 posts to like ratio, and I'm glad I've continued to spread the positivity!
1633053741232.gif

Nice! Did you end up getting it wrapped in PPF? I'm looking at a place in Naperville that's charging 5k for full wrap of XPEL Stealth and then 895 for lifetime warranty on Ceramic Coating. Great reviews, so put down a deposit to hold an appointment there, but curious if you found any better options in the area.
Yep! I paid ~$5.5k for full xpel PPF (10mm ppf on rocker panels) minus rear hatch, xpel ceramic coating and full xr plus tint on all windows + paint correction

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Don't let them take your deposit!
All of these EOQ stories and continuous EDD delays are horrible. Yet here we all are because despite the consistent sh$tty CS (seems like nothing has changed since my 2018 Model X purchase) we still believe in the car and the value / performance / joy it will bring. I am glad I am not alone but I do find myself second guessing myself more. My mach E order will now arrive before my LR given the latest EDD delay. The Mach E MSRP also magically increased 2200 today and dealership can't explain why (maybe 2022 cutover who knows). So pobody nerfect. Hang in there everyone.

I didn't know the car has soft close doors...oddly, it's one of the biggest things I miss coming from the M6. I tested it now and I don't see any way they would soft close, am I missing something?
When i close them, there is some action after but seems to just be the door latch trying to go back in…and not a self closing. By the way, my drivers side door latch is bad. Set a service appointment. It 85% of the time on close doesnt fully engage and keeps clicking ad infinitum. I figured out i have to tap it hard to get it to close and stop clicking. Seems to be a fit issue.

I had a similar issue. I had one VIN assigned up until yesterday afternoon. I even had my lender send a check to Tesla tied to that MVPA as delivery was set for today. Well about an hour after they received the check, a new VIN appeared on my account. Delivery still happened today - but it was a mess getting things sorted with Tesla and my credit union. The two VINs were not far off from each other - but I was told there was no record of that first VIN, and that likely it was a VIN created but never assigned to a car going into production!
Overall the car was good. Some of the issues noted at delivery:

Missing floor mats
Missing privacy cover
Missing trunk cover
No rear license plate holder
Trunk and frunk seals a bit wonky
Small scratch on carbon fiber trim (drivers side front door)

I believe the carbon trim is part of the door panel and the entire door panel needs to be swapped. At least that should be easy enough.

Car was also very dirty.

Nothing that can’t be fixed!

My red,white,cf,19",FSD was delivered to my house in Thousand Oaks,CA at 8pm tonight. I won't be able to see it for two days as I am 925 miles from home. My Tesla app does not show the code to unlock it even though I checked delivey accepted in my account.
Nice. I’m your neighbor (Newbury Park/Dos Vientos). We should meet up and compare notes once mine arrives.

Just picked mine up hours before the end of quarter. I was a day 1 order with typical EDD moving shenanigans. MSM plaid with white/carbon on 21” wheels. Same as others - missing floor mats and cargo covers, car filthy, doors kinda need to be shut hard, but otherwise it looked fine in the dark.

Coming from a P100DL I’ll say 0-30mph feels about the same. 30-60 is a bit peppier. 60+ is almost so fast I’m wondering how long it’ll be legal to sell cars like this. Holy crap! Feels like performance falls off ever so slightly once in the 70% charge range.

Wish the turn signals were like Ferrari does it with left thumb being left and right being right. Seems like it makes more sense that way.