Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a horrible, awful, really bad purchasing experience when I bought my Model 3 Performance. It's a long, ugly story, that involved me having to drive 131.6 miles (each way) to the SC four times, countless phone calls, no one returning my phone calls, paperwork having to be signed three different times, lost registration paperwork, and Tesla's incompetence being exceeded only by Tesla's incompetence, etc. etc. etc.

All I can say is that in spite of the purchasing experience being that horrible, the two years that I've had the car have been the best two years I've ever spent with a car, (I'm 54) and has more than made up for the purchasing experience.

There is no doubt that Elon and company have a long, long, LONG way to go with improving their customer service, but IMO, the ownership experience takes the sting out of it.

I don't blame you at all for giving up at this point; they can only expect their customers to put up with X amount of ****, and once the **** meter has been filled, there's no un-filling it.

All I can say is that for 99% of people, the car is worth the nasty purchasing experience. After all, I'm getting ready to go through it AGAIN because to me, the long period of ownership is worth putting up with a few (or more) months of BS. YMMV.
It is clear to me that Elon understands us better than we understand ourselves.

All of these EOQ stories and continuous EDD delays are horrible. Yet here we all are because despite the consistent sh$tty CS (seems like nothing has changed since my 2018 Model X purchase) we still believe in the car and the value / performance / joy it will bring. I am glad I am not alone but I do find myself second guessing myself more. My mach E order will now arrive before my LR given the latest EDD delay. The Mach E MSRP also magically increased 2200 today and dealership can't explain why (maybe 2022 cutover who knows). So pobody nerfect. Hang in there everyone.
I’m just over it. I went from being a Tesla fan to a Tesla hater by trying to buy their damn product. Best way to some someone hate Tesla? Tell them to order a Tesla and the company will do the work.

Its not the delays. It’s the lies. I’m just one guy, and no one gives a *sugar* or will notice but I no longer feel good endorsing this behavior.

I can’t wait for this scam of a company to get some competition from a company who lifts a finger even slightly to care for their customers. My SC hasn’t even responded to my texts now in ages.

I’ve had enough. They did this to me. They had so many chances to be truthful and they continue to lie as a tenet of corporate culture. This indicates to me that lies are how they do business. That doesn’t bode well for features like FSD, or any future product promises. Don’t support liars.

I’m just over it. I went from being a Tesla fan to a Tesla hater by trying to buy their damn product. Best way to some someone hate Tesla? Tell them to order a Tesla and the company will do the work.

Its not the delays. It’s the lies. I’m just one guy, and no one gives a *sugar* or will notice but I no longer feel good endorsing this behavior.

I can’t wait for this scam of a company to get some competition from a company who lifts a finger even slightly to care for their customers. My SC hasn’t even responded to my texts now in ages.

I’ve had enough. They did this to me. They had so many chances to be truthful and they continue to lie as a tenet of corporate culture. This indicates to me that lies are how they do business. That doesn’t bode well for features like FSD, or any future product promises. Don’t support liars.
It is possible to fire your Tesla Advisor! I know, I did it! New one is much better!

duces. you ordered after me so not bumping me up in line by you canceling. but it you are so offended and appalled you need to cancel. apparently knowing when you ordered that these weren't being built yet, plus knowing it was going to take a while, plus Tesla trying now to give the most accurate dates based on a global chip shortage caused by a pandemic, seems fair you call them liars and cheats. so much hate.

duces. you ordered after me so not bumping me up in line by you canceling. but it you are so offended and appalled you need to cancel. apparently knowing when you ordered that these weren't being built yet, plus knowing it was going to take a while, plus Tesla trying now to give the most accurate dates based on a global chip shortage caused by a pandemic, seems fair you call them liars and cheats. so much hate.
Be nice now! :)

Let's not forget we are in the throes of global supply chain issues caused by a pandemic. Are they perfect? Not even close. But do I believe Tesla is willfully lying to people which, in turn, promulgates a corporate culture of not caring about their customers? Not at all.

I got my car on September 4th, left it for 9 days with my PPF guy and it's been at the SC since last Saturday because it needs a new HV battery pack. Am I bitching about only having my car for 13 of the 28 days I've owned it? No I am not. Do I like the fact that the most significant part failed within a month of ownership (and likely was a lemon coming out of production)? I hate it. But complaining about it does no one any good. If you don't think Tesla is *trying* their best to resolve issues and deliver cars, then I simply can't help you.

Wish the turn signals were like Ferrari does it with left thumb being left and right being right. Seems like it makes more sense that way.
So one thing I have constantly thought about regarding the turn signals and the yoke: to engage the right turn signal with a stalk, you would push the stalk up. On the yoke, the top button is the right signal. To turn to the left, you would push a stalk down and the bottom button is the left signal. It seems straight forward, but I obviously have not taken delivery.

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering. Friedrich Nietzsche

Hang in there.

Precisely. Some of those folk should check out forums for other vehicles. Not exactly sunshine and rainbows with their delays either.

So one thing I have constantly thought about regarding the turn signals and the yoke: to engage the right turn signal with a stalk, you would push the stalk up. On the yoke, the top button is the right signal. To turn to the left, you would push a stalk down and the bottom button is the left signal. It seems straight forward, but I obviously have not taken delivery.
I end up hitting turn signal while I am making a turn (one not requiring signal). Then I try to turn them off and end up honking since the wheel is upside down and it's hard to tell which side is left or right. Some kind of paddle shifter might work.

Again, this is NOT about the delay. It's about lies.

Are you telling me "10 - 14 weeks" was an actual, best estimate, based on some internal production velocity metrics and burndown chart? What about June? July? August? Sept 1-15? Sep 15-30? Sep 20-Oct 10? on and on and on. You believe these were actual calculations and the intent was a sincere desire to convey to us to the truth about when my product would be delivered?

If you believe this is true, I have some beach front property to sell you in Florida.

I have been a huge Tesla fan, and by them continuing to lie to me, they have changed my opinion. This is not how I wanted this to go.

I run a large, global organization within one of the largest and most profitable/valuable companies on the planet. I understand a little about supply chains, estimates, shifting dates, roadmaps, and such. There is NO excuse for communicating dates over and over which you know are false. I could never do this to my customers.

Let's be real here folks, the truth would have been something like this: in Q1 2021 if you ordered a model S LR, it should have said "Estimated delivery: 6 - 12 months". If they had opted for "6 months" to be optimistic, and then shifted this by a quarter when that clearly was not happening, i'd be more understanding. But to feed me *sugar* dates like this, in a steady stream, for months on end, is unacceptable. You know this is true.

time for an update on my wonderful SA experience

Email correspondence only:
2/8---TESLA--"Congratulations, Your SA (Sales Advisor)
2/22---Me--"Hi SA, question about Insurance and no VIN"
<crickets>
2/25---Me--"Hello?"
2/26---TA--"Sorry been busy. will email you back when we take delivery"
4/19---Me--"Elon not making your life easy at this point."
<crickets>
5/24---Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?
<crickets>
6/14--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
6/25--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
7/20--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
9/7--Me--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
<crickets>
10/1--Me--"Sending my monthly email to see if you have heard any news on deliveries for the refreshed MSLR. How many have been delivered here in Atlanta? Percentage of Plaids to LR?
Also, If you have any EOQ cars that were not picked up, let me know. My current vehicle was just totaled due to a tree falling on it thus I might be interested in taking delivery before my current estimate."

Needless to say, I am not holding my breath on a response.

Let's not forget we are in the throes of global supply chain issues caused by a pandemic. Are they perfect? Not even close. But do I believe Tesla is willfully lying to people which, in turn, promulgates a corporate culture of not caring about their customers? Not at all.

I got my car on September 4th, left it for 9 days with my PPF guy and it's been at the SC since last Saturday because it needs a new HV battery pack. Am I bitching about only having my car for 13 of the 28 days I've owned it? No I am not. Do I like the fact that the most significant part failed within a month of ownership (and likely was a lemon coming out of production)? I hate it. But complaining about it does no one any good. If you don't think Tesla is *trying* their best to resolve issues and deliver cars, then I simply can't help you.
Man, i feel like when this forum discusses delays, we are in a codependency support group for families of abusive alcoholics.

Every time they feed us fake dates (beat us up), we make excuses in here.

"global chip shortage" = He had a bad day at work
"best available estimates" = He's trying to get better
"Tesla isn't perfect" = he's not perfect but he isn't a bad guy
"stop bitching" = it's your fault he abuses you

It helps neither you nor me to sit here and pretend this company isn't dysfunctional and built upon a culture of lies. I don't feel good supporting it. I don't blame anyone for sticking around and wanting the product, but I don't have any time for people trying to defend this crap as if it's okay.

They could have given us dates that were in the same universe as reality. They choose to keep on lying.

PS: Damn, your car is already broken? Truly sorry brother. Look, I don't want to attack you, you're being treated like *sugar* just like I am. I'm just pissed off at this stupid company and I don't think it helps to defend the indefensible.