Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is a high pitched whine when accelerating in drive normal?

I really love the LR so far but I have 3 little issues other than the obvious (need to get used to the Yoke): (1) it is not as quiet as I was expecting (normal amount of road noise/ I have the 19s/ + the high pitched whine), (2) all the doors take a little more force than normal to close (all my doors actually feel less solid and a little flimsy compared to the doors on my Dad's 2014 Model S), and (3) stated range at least is making me question the advertised range.

Hopefully, the range is just a break in or baseline issue because the first 90% charge showed 364 miles stated range and the second 90% charge showed 351 miles stated range AND the stated range actually went down about 20% faster than the actual miles I drove (and I tried to drive conservatively to save my quarter panels until I get to my PPF appointment next week).

On the quiet/ road noise issue, I was probably expecting too much reading about all the sound deadening and seeing the Tesla glass video and it's not that big a deal since I didn't buy the car for how quiet it is. However, I am wondering if the high pitched whine while in drive is the normal sound of a Tesla/ electric car or if it is something I should get checked out.
yes

Anyone know how to remove the driver side B Pillar? My driver side B pillar is making rattle noise right by the Mic. You can tap pillar right by the Mic, and it's loose, while the passenger side is nice and firm. So when I am on the call, people complains I am very hard to hear and they can also hear rattle noise. When not in a call, the rattle noise is still very annoying..

I have a service scheduled the end of the month, however was wondering if there were something easy that I can do to fix it?
I wouldn't touch it.

At least on the Ravens, the plastic is easy to break and there are many tabs waiting to be broken by removing and re-installing. Just have mobile service bring you a new B-pillar trim perhaps?

No quite 100% accurate.

Our 2020 MS Perf was made in October, 2019 . . . .
Hope to put that debate to bed soon. I'm hoping to hear back soon from my zombie SA (often presumed to be dead due to his lack of responsiveness) on the Q of it's Date of Birth. Mind you, this is for that MY that I rejected on Mon. EDD still shows 10-6 to 10-12, but I texted him to give to someone else. I may just call the SC and see what they say.

I wouldn't touch it.

At least on the Ravens, the plastic is easy to break and there are many tabs waiting to be broken by removing and re-installing. Just have mobile service bring you a new B-pillar trim perhaps?
I tried requesting a mobile service, but tesla's chat told me I have too many issues and requires a service visit. It gets annoying to hear the rattles, also I can't make calls while driving.. lol

I tried requesting a mobile service, but tesla's chat told me I have too many issues and requires a service visit. It gets annoying to hear the rattles, also I can't make calls while driving.. lol
I think I'd take a whack at fixing this myself. Yeah, the clips are pretty easy to break, but easily replaced and SC's seem to have them in stock. Or at least, that's what my buddy tells me, as I sure wouldn't ever break them myself...

OK. The Zombie SA came to life long enuf to tell me my rejected MY had a build date (birth date) was in late Sept. Therefore, it is a 2021. Hence, we've go to await someone getting a VIN later on to see if the model year changeover happens on 10-1-21 as some are suggesting from their prior experiences. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help here. I really hope so. 🤞

Now that I have my car and am enjoying it, I'm off to other more relevant threads (PPF/ ceramic, model s refresh issues, firmware updates, etc.). Thanks to all on this forum for all the help getting me through the Tesla ordering chaos for the first time. I'll still probably check here (a lot more infrequently) in hopes of seeing those of you who still haven't received their cars finally getting them.

Now back to driving and seeing one unexpected benefit: my wife tracks me on my way home and opens the garage door to guide me into the garage like a airport runway flagger because we forgot our landscape contractor was dropping a dumpster in our driveway which almost completely blocked the new Tesla in the garage (only about 1.5 feet of total clearance with mirrors folded). She volunteered for this task after seeing me cry about not being able to drive the car for 10 days after waiting so LONG to get it.

Thanks again and good luck everyone.

[Model S LR, MS with black interior, 19" wheels, no FSD, ordered at retail May 1, delivered September 29 (EOQ)]

Hope to put that debate to bed soon. I'm hoping to hear back soon from my zombie SA (often presumed to be dead due to his lack of responsiveness) on the Q of it's Date of Birth. Mind you, this is for that MY that I rejected on Mon. EDD still shows 10-6 to 10-12, but I texted him to give to someone else. I may just call the SC and see what they say.

What was wrong with it? Was it functional?

A friend had to reject a white/white MY this week due to steering failure...looking for a replacement.

I suspect its all the same amount of plastic clips and light prying in the right order to detach.
Tesla came to life today for the first time since I ordered to notify me they changed my delivery center from Dedham MA to Peabody MA. I asked if there was any update on a date….. crickets. Still 10/27 to 11/16.
I received the sam e-mail, although they said it wouldn’t alter delivery date, my EDD changed from Nov 26 - Dec 16 to December 08 - December 31. Well over a year from my order date.

I received the sam e-mail, although they said it wouldn’t alter delivery date, my EDD changed from Nov 26 - Dec 16 to December 08 - December 31. Well over a year from my order date.

For those far away from CA, has anyone explored the idea of taking delivery closer to Freemont and driving back?

Risky, I know...

For those far away from CA, has anyone explored the idea of taking delivery closer to Freemont and driving back?

Risky, I know...
unfortunately this isn't an option because California are aholes and have taxes on everything. Sales tax has to be paid in CA then again in your home state, some states will give a credit up to a certain amount. Unlike every other state in our union that charges tax upon registration for cars. Cali sucks

Requires payment of California sales tax which cannot credit against your home state sales tax

unfortunately this isn't an option because California are aholes and have taxes on everything. Sales tax has to be paid in CA then again in your home state, some states will give a credit up to a certain amount. Unlike every other state in our union that charges tax upon registration for cars. Cali sucks
That's not true in every state. Most states offer a tax credit for something like this. For instance, if you buy a car in CA and pay the sales tax, you will owe nothing to the state of Florida when you register it.