Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not true in every state. Most states offer a tax credit for something like this. For instance, if you buy a car in CA and pay the sales tax, you will owe nothing to the state of Florida when you register it.
as I said some states give a credit towards the sales tax.
Florida you'd still be required to pay the use tax. Plus CA tax is higher than FL 6% tax, so you'd be paying more tax to CA (and you shouldn't give CA any money at all ever)

Florida you'd still be required to pay the use tax. Plus CA tax is higher than FL 6% tax, so you'd be paying more tax to CA (and you shouldn't give CA any money at all ever)
Fortunately I live in a state that ties CA for exorbitant taxation
1633570772935.png

I was mostly replying to @bhzmark: but, yes, if the sales tax you paid out of state is lower than the FL sales tax rate, then you pay only the difference as a use tax. In the example I used, CA is higher than FL so no use tax. This is to prevent someone from buying a car in a zero or low tax state and bring it home without paying the full FL tax. This was a big thing between Oregon and Washington a long time ago.

Georgia has been all over the map with car taxes. Use tax, one-time ad valorem tax that used to be annual, and still can be. I used to love paying property tax on my car every year in GA. Now, GA has an annual $200+ EV tax, which is among the highest in the country.

RPM Tesla is selling the founders badge for Plaid owners if anyone is interested

Sold my S on Saturday.....gone but certainly not forgotten...now waiting for a VIN, a real date, a 2022, and better lights.... :0

Might just bite without the last two. See last comment as to why.

DateEDD
Up until 08/26Blank
08/2610/01-10/31
08/2912/16-01/05
-10/16-11/05
09/0409/16-09/30
-09/19-09/30
09/1910/14-11/03
09/2209/24-09/30
09/24?09/27-09/30
09/2810/07-10/27

Look how close latest dates are to first ones from a month ago. :)

OT. Sold wife's X. To be picked up 10/08....MY Performance on order for her. Delivery 11/30-12/30......really excited for both!

I can support, defend, excuse, rationalize almost everything Tesla does. But this EDD farce needs to stop. It’s midnight 12/7 and it still says I might get a car today. With no VIN in sight.

Have a trip overseas that I have hesitated confirming as I didn’t want to risk losing window on the Plaid or our MY Perfornance.

Just. So. Damned. Tired. Of. This. Give me a date and stick to it.

I can support, defend, excuse, rationalize almost everything Tesla does. But this EDD farce needs to stop. It’s midnight 12/7 and it still says I might get a car today. With no VIN in sight.

Have a trip overseas that I have hesitated confirming as I didn’t want to risk losing window on the Plaid or our MY Perfornance.

Just. So. Damned. Tired. Of. This. Give me a date and stick to it.
Well… looking at your config (identical to mine) and relying on my expert analysis, I can predict that it will change again!

When it will change is driven by the time zone you’re in!

So all ya’ll squirming about a MF or NF VIN, I have only two things to say to you

1. You don’t have your car yet and you’re already worried about some resale value thingy years from now. You must have such perfectly planned lives! I envy you!

2. MotherFrunker > NewFrunker 😎

I disagree with you. It's financially smart, takes no effort and you've already waited this long so might as well wait another month or two to potentially add some value to your car.

Many people won't even own the car for 3 years, myself included. In 2024 when I'm selling it, 2022 well definitely be more marketable.

Last edited:
I disagree with you. It's financially, smart takes no effort and you've already waited this long so might as well wait another month or two to potentially add some value to your car.

Many people won't even own the car for 3 years, myself included. In 2024 when I'm selling it, 2022 well definitely be more marketable.
What part do you disagree with? The well planned life part or…?

.... I see a lot of LR east(ish) coast folks here despondent getting their dates pushed out a month and west(ish) coast people smugly saying their dates are holding...

Here's what i have to say to the west(ish) folks - wait until next Monday and you'll be despondent too!

my wicked smart predictions show west coast gets BOHICA'd on Monday, Mountain time gets BOHICA's on Tuesday, Central on Wednesday, East on Thursday... Friday is spillover day!

Looks like it might be time to update your sig! ;)
I decided to order a Plaid, just not yet. Too close to EoY. I might get someone's car that was ordered 9-22-20, but they had enough EDD and cancelled. That would not be right.

This is contingent on Elon not doing or saying anything I couldn't abide like hooking up with Azalea Banks.