Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is big.... looks like wood is gone as an option for the Plaid:
Plaid looks to be CF-only as of now.

The CF trim shortage must be over or Tesla really doesn't want Plaid buyers to have wood.

It’s now the 8th and my EDD window still begins yesterday. You just can’t make this up.

View attachment 719070

Worst nightmare confirmed. That's crazy. What a shitty tool. Sorry, Elon. Forget FSD, can you all fix the basics of the car buying and delivering process first? At a minimum the function should show today's date at the earliest lol.

it isn't a big enough deal to actually affect the resale price, especially since the wood option has been available for years and is still available on other models.
It will, though, spawn a few forum arguments a couple years down the road where people say "that can't be a real plaid because they only came with CF interiors!", despite the couple months you could get them with wood lol

When I ordered back in January 2021 and was told a March delivery date, I assumed a 8 to 12 weeks. Little did I know they meant months and not weeks. Is it possible that my original March delivery date will be fulfilled? Just a year later. I am optimistic that 2022 is the March I was promised and not 2023 or 2024.

Once again when my EDD is within weeks (Oct 13 to Nov 2), Telsa moves the date back a couple of months (Jan 21 to Feb 18). I have other Tesla products, I don't talk behind their back. I love Tesla. I don't understand why Tesla hates me so much. I don't expect love back but a like would very much be appreciated. Continually pushing back my delivery date is just mean and cruel.

I would cancel my order but what good would that do. I really do want my car and there are no other choices. Others say the wait is worth it. Of course, they have their car and I am still waiting. I just hope that they don't treat my Cybertruck reservation the same as they are treating my Model S. Definitely looking forward to 2023 when we finally can get rid of all of this Covid Bull*Sugar*. Supply chains get back to normal and there are more EV competition and choices. And we can get car deliveries back to weeks instead of years.

Nooooooo!!!

What's next, no cream?

This is what happens when you delay an order. I was so close, what the hell happened?
Well if it helps, even if you had ordered wood like yesterday, it would have still ended up being CF. This change on the website means that likely within the next week, production of wood Plaids stops.
I agree with @Tigers that most likely the CF shortage is finished, so they are returning the Plaid to its original state.🙂

Tidbits from the Shareholder meeting yesterday added some more chicken bones to the can...

No mention of plaid, very little mention of S and X. Brushed aside CT production question.

Several awkward reassurances that Freemont will still grow and be supported. In management speak, this means the opposite is closer to the truth.

AND, the move of headquarters to TX.

I predict less support on production and delivery of plaid and LR.

Well if it helps, even if you had ordered wood like yesterday, it would have still ended up being CF. This change on the website means that likely within the next week, production of wood Plaids stops.
I agree with @Tigers that most likely the CF shortage is finished, so they are returning the Plaid to its original state.🙂
I really like my walnut/cream combo! First time I ever had an interior that wasn’t black (or white).