Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet the hills play a significant part in my problems. Georgia is pretty flat and I'm constantly up and down out here in the Bay area. I've been able to get my average down to 250 (this week only) by limiting my speed to 65 and regen braking insanely early / not using AC / never putting my phone on the wireless charge dock. Now I just need to up my psi to 45 (it's 41 right now) and maybe I'll hit that 240 requirement for a 402 range

I think the terrain and the tires are the biggest factor in your wh/mi achieved. Hilly and low PSI, you’re going to lose range. Keep in mind the same is true for a equivalent weight gas car - physics!

On the charger… an iPhone battery is like 10-12wh. That is probably not a factor in your range.

After 111,111 miles in my P85 my avg. is 325, I can't imagine 240, it would be like driving a golf cart. Tesla is for everyone for sure.
I feel like I'm driving a golf cart having the 250! I'm just determined to hit that EPA range for no reason in particular. My experience is currently pretty bipolar. Either I'm giving someone a heart attack/getting into random drag races on the street with random sports cars, or I'm driving like my grandma that only drove 45mph, no matter the street...

I think the terrain and the tires are the biggest factor in your wh/mi achieved. Hilly and low PSI, you’re going to lose range. Keep in mind the same is true for a equivalent weight gas car - physics!

On the charger… an iPhone battery is like 10-12wh. That is probably not a factor in your range.
I'm team Samsung. Can't get behind Apple products... but good point. I suppose I'll stop using my cup holder for my phone

So what you're telling me is that if I had 10,000 iPhones, I could basically build my own Tesla battery? That's how this works right?

I'm new here (a bit of a lurker, actually) but thought I'd post since it seems unusual. I have a RN1150 with an early June order date and, after being blank for a verrrry long time, my account now shows an EDD of March 14 - April 11.

From the other RN1150s I've read on here, mine seems quite a bit behind. Not sure why that is. I ordered the base white/black/19s.

I'm new here (a bit of a lurker, actually) but thought I'd post since it seems unusual. I have a RN1150 with an early June order date and, after being blank for a verrrry long time, my account now shows an EDD of March 14 - April 11.

From the other RN1150s I've read on here, mine seems quite a bit behind. Not sure why that is. I ordered the base white/black/19s.
Welcome to the thread! :)

Welcome! If history is any lesson, then get ready for the proverbial monkey throwing EDDs at you. March/April does indeed look far behind.

There is also a spreadsheet where people track their order status. It's a bit messy but interesting to browse:

Need some help from the collective brain trust here.

Back in April when I signed on the dotted line, I applied for financing through Tesla and was approved with BMO Harris Bank's indirect lending operation. Favorable rate, read good things about them online, and they obviously have a good working relationship with Tesla. Everything seemed buttoned up. That is until five months later and the credit offer expires.

Now, I've just received a notice that they were "unable to approve my credit application," listing "Key Factors that adversely affected [my] Credit Score" that I know don't apply to me. I know it's just because of the credit offer expiring, but I'm wondering if this "rejection" is going to show up on my credit report as a legitimate credit refusal? If so, what steps do I need to take to remediate this? Is there a Tesla hotline at TransUnion that I need to call...1-800-UGH-TSLA?

I'm fine with waiting for my car. It sucks, but I get it. I'll even tolerate the CEO spending his time crafting puerile tweets rather than improving operational efficiency--it's part of his brand and hey nobody's perfect right? If these delays start affecting my credit, on the other hand, I'm liable to get cranky.

Anybody have experience sorting this out?

Received VIN! MF451xxx. Was kind of hoping for it to be labeled a 2022, but as long as the manufacture date is the last couple weeks that will be fine. I’ve been ready since the initial March EDD.
Nice! Curious what your EDD was leading up to the VIN. Do they email you when you get a VIN or does it just magically appear on the order page

Edit: also probably been mentioned here, but the Telsa app now shows your EDD for pending orders, making checking 50 times a day even easier.

Last edited:
Nice! Curious what your EDD was leading up to the VIN. Do they email you when you get a VIN or does it just magically appear on the order page

Edit: also probably been mentioned here, but the Telsa app now shows your EDD for pending orders, making checking 50 times a day even easier.
It had been something like Oct 17-Nov 7 for a while, then narrowed to 10/27-11/2 and then VIN. They emailed to say pay for your car, so I knew to check for a VIN but I’ll only pay after I inspect it.

Crickets again? Same time every day, it seems! 🤣
Well you see really the participants in this thread are neatly divided into two camps. The first camp are those who have taken delivery and are presently occupied by their nightly ritual of tucking in their cars, picking out a chapter of the owner's manual to read it as a bedtime story, singing it lullabies, etc.

The other camp are those who have not taken delivery. Having grown exhausted by another day agonizing over delivery dates, they've mostly drank themselves into a stupor and passed out, mouse in hand, somehow still compulsively clicking the "refresh" button on their account page.

Well you see really the participants in this thread are neatly divided into two camps. The first camp are those who have taken delivery and are presently occupied by their nightly ritual of tucking in their cars, picking out a chapter of the owner's manual to read it as a bedtime story, singing it lullabies, etc.

The other camp are those who have not taken delivery. Having grown exhausted by another day agonizing over delivery dates, they've mostly drank themselves into a stupor and passed out, mouse in hand, somehow still compulsively clicking the "refresh" button on their account page.
Where do I fall in? Taking delivery, then promptly (after proper PPF wrapping) subjected it to a cross country trek through whatever elements thrown at me?

An Autonomic reflex at work there!

Where do I fall in? Taking delivery, then promptly (after proper PPF wrapping) subjected it to a cross country trek through whatever elements thrown at me?
You’re Chairman of the “Didn’t buy it to look at it“ Division’s Absolute Madman Committee. I think technically still part of the first camp, but there’s been rumors of a schism.

How was the trip? Did you do any videos or a write up?

Need some help from the collective brain trust here.

Back in April when I signed on the dotted line, I applied for financing through Tesla and was approved with BMO Harris Bank's indirect lending operation. Favorable rate, read good things about them online, and they obviously have a good working relationship with Tesla. Everything seemed buttoned up. That is until five months later and the credit offer expires.

Now, I've just received a notice that they were "unable to approve my credit application," listing "Key Factors that adversely affected [my] Credit Score" that I know don't apply to me. I know it's just because of the credit offer expiring, but I'm wondering if this "rejection" is going to show up on my credit report as a legitimate credit refusal? If so, what steps do I need to take to remediate this? Is there a Tesla hotline at TransUnion that I need to call...1-800-UGH-TSLA?

I'm fine with waiting for my car. It sucks, but I get it. I'll even tolerate the CEO spending his time crafting puerile tweets rather than improving operational efficiency--it's part of his brand and hey nobody's perfect right? If these delays start affecting my credit, on the other hand, I'm liable to get cranky.

Anybody have experience sorting this out?
You’re eligible for a free credit report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies once per year. When I sense an anomaly I go to this site and review my reports. If there is something to contest, the individual credit reporting site has an appeal process. Had a fraudulent mobile phone account hit my account and it was cleared up within two weeks.
Www.Annualcreditreport.com

So True.. So Sad... #Camp 2 from April. Pretty soon need to clarify as April 2021.

My EDD is Nov 28-Dec 23 and I have an emergency trip out of country and back Nov 23. I hope the Monkey does not see this and do everything for delivery when I am not here. Any ideas/experience dealing with this? Not even sure if alerting the SA even helps in anyway. Fingers crossed... Ironically, I still refresh everyday 5x and hoping EDD stays as-is. Enough messing with my neural cells Elon.......