Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I was feeling good, positive news on this thread, and making progress on reducing EDD related OCD behavior.

Was thinking about only checking delivery once a week, as it has held steady for the last 7 days or so.

Checked just now....and...it moved up TWO MONTHS!

LR/red/cream/19/HellnoFSD

Why am I being tagged for a three month delivery when others are waiting 6 months or longer?
Cream…can’t give it away…

If it's any consolation, you're ahead of me! I ordered March 3 and currently show Oct 24 - Nov 21.

i ordered September 22nd, 2020 (13 months and counting!), and my delivery window is October 31 - November 28. I have zero faith in that window since it's moved so many times, and for some reason the window is getting wider instead of narrower.

Plaid / Black ext / white interior / 19" / cf.

RN11394xxxx

is there anyone on earth with a lower RN still waiting for their vehicle? it seems like people who ordered months after me, and ordered practically identical trim options, are all ahead of me in line for some reason.

i ordered September 22nd, 2020 (13 months and counting!), and my delivery window is October 31 - November 28. I have zero faith in that window since it's moved so many times, and for some reason the window is getting wider instead of narrower.

RN11394xxxx

is there anyone on earth with a lower RN still waiting for their vehicle? it seems like people who ordered months after me, and ordered practically identical trim options, are all ahead of me in line for some reason.

:(

When you canceled your Plaid Plus order and created the new Plaid order, the system probably didn't factor-in the time you have already waited which makes no sense.. Your new plaid order was treated as a brand new order placed. That's what happened with me.

They lost me at Chevy Bolt. Any comparisons using that fireball shouldn't be allowed.
I truly and honestly feel for GM here. No car maker wants their EV catching fire. This is horrible and bad for all EV perception. Thankfully they have the fix now. It likely won't impact GM with EVs in the future, but now the name "Bolt" will be forever remembered as that little hatchback EV that caught fire. Kinda like a modern Ford Pinto.

When you canceled your Plaid Plus order and created the new Plaid order, the system probably didn't factor-in the time you have already waited which makes no sense.. Your new plaid order was treated as a brand new order placed. That's what happened with me.
i specifically didn't do that.

It also kept my original RN when the Plaid+ was eventually cancelled.

RN11394xxxx

Maybe us aging original + order holders will get rewarded with the NF vin, active spoiler, cross drilled rotors, red calipers, new headlights, tail lights, and a few other goodies from my original Plaid wish list.

I think I may be back to being fine to wait a bit longer. Long as wife’s MYP arrives and stays true to its EDD, I can get rid of this crappy ICE rental car.

I truly and honestly feel for GM here. No car maker wants their EV catching fire. This is horrible and bad for all EV perception. Thankfully they have the fix now. It likely won't impact GM with EVs in the future, but now the name "Bolt" will be forever remembered as that little hatchback EV that caught fire. Kinda like a modern Ford Pinto.
Do they have a fix? I thought their mitigation was to not charge as high, not charge unattended, and keep it away from inhabitable structures.

Do they have a fix? I thought their mitigation was to not charge as high, not charge unattended, and keep it away from inhabitable structures.
No dude lol! That's the instructions in the interim between them finding the problem and then developing a fix. The issue was a folded separator and a torn anode tab, which then shorted out the cell which caught fire and spread to the cells surrounding it. GM and LG have been working to fix it, and now (1.8 billion dollars later) they are going to replace the packs in all of the pre-refresh Bolts, and fit SW to catch potential issues in the new ones IIRC.

I am in a similar situation. My date slipped yesterday to October 29 - November 26. I honestly have no clue. Maybe it's the config (white interior), maybe it's the price (I also have the original price). Whatever it is, it's frustrating and I completely get you. On top of that, I keep on reading that Tesla produces a record number of cars. But why not those that have been ordered 9 months ago?

Did anyone take a closer look at the Lucid? Since they opened a showroom in New York, I thought about stopping by and taking a closer look (and feel). Other EVs generally don't excite me, but the Lucid might be worth a closer look.
@Jacopo I stopped by the NY showroom today and test-sat the Air. I was impressed and think Lucid should be proud. It’s a very refined luxury car, clearly up the luxury scale from the S IMO. The design sitting by itself makes me think it’s ginormous relative to even the MB S class, but they say its dimensions are actually similar to the MB E class and similar to or a little smaller than the Model S (needs verification). The fit and finish were high quality. I like the screen design and layout way more than the EQS, and I appreciated the button and other mechanical control approach - it’s a happy medium between Tesla‘s minimalist and the typical German OEM with buttons galore. Super good leg room front and back (I’m 6’3”), although in the rear seat I don’t like that my large feet can’t slide under the front seats, so while I had a ton of knee room I had to keep them bent at a tighter angle than I would have otherwise. I did not think front seats were anymore comfortable than refresh S. Cargo room looked to be same as S albeit different shapes particularly in the trunk.

All in all a very nice addition to the EV offerings. Coming from an incredibly agile BMW 750 w/ M-sport suspension I would consider the Lucid more than any other non-MS out there, but the design appeals more to someone from the MB camp IMO (definitely not me) and MS is more sporty for sure. Then there’s the SuC network and dare I say FSD…

Anyway, highly encourage anyone coming from MB and Audi big boat camps to consider the Lucid. My wife might actually have preferred it to her X had it been an option to consider one year ago.

@Jacopo I stopped by the NY showroom today and test-sat the Air. I was impressed and think Lucid should be proud. It’s a very refined luxury car, clearly up the luxury scale from the S IMO. The design sitting by itself makes me think it’s ginormous relative to even the MB S class, but they say its dimensions are actually similar to the MB E class and similar to or a little smaller than the Model S (needs verification). The fit and finish were high quality. I like the screen design and layout way more than the EQS, and I appreciated the button other mechanical control approach - it’s a medium between Tesla‘s minimalist and the typical German OEM with buttons galore. Super good leg room front and back (I’m 6’3”), although in the rear seat I don’t like that my large feet can’t slide under the front seats, so while I had a ton of knee room I had to keep them bent at a tighter angle than I would have otherwise. I did think think seats were anymore comfortable than refresh S. Cargo room looked to be same as S.

All in all a very nice addition to the EV offerings. Coming from an incredibly agile BMW 750 w/ M-sport suspension I would consider the Lucid more than any other non-MS out there, but the design appeals more to someone from the MB camp IMO (definitely not me) and MS is more sporty for sure. Then there’s the SuC network and dare I say FSD…

Anyway, highly encourage anyone coming from MB and Audi big boat camps to consider the Lucid. My wife might actually have preferred it to her X had it been an option to consider one year ago.
Oh wow great to hear! Yeah the dimensions are fractionally smaller in every area. Great to hear a positive review! I'm really hoping they open a studio local to me so I can go look at one. Such a unique design language IMO. Tesla is always going to be my favorite, but I really admire what Lucid is doing here.

Oh wow great to hear! Yeah the dimensions are fractionally smaller in every area. Great to hear a positive review! I'm really hoping they open a studio local to me so I can go look at one. Tesla is always going to be my favorite, but I really admire what Lucid is doing here.
Don’t know where you are ... Tx is a big state (and for better or worse I’ve driven and worked across most of it) but noticed on website they have plan for Houston coming online before year-end.