Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To avoid a trip to the SvC, suggest look at the gate gaskets for proper installation and also the gate rubber stops, which can be screwed in and out for adjustment, try a 1/4 turn at a time.
That’s for the suggestion. I already tried turning all the stops, made no difference. I will check the gaskets when it comes back from full color wrap.

So, did you get any comments about the wonky steering wheel from the guys who added the PPF, etc.? Anybody else (not a committed Tesla fanatic) make any comments about how hard it was to steer the car (assuming you would let anyone try driving it)?

@txblues - I thought you had a new S with the yoke and not the older one with the wonky steering wheel?

Man, I’m having trouble making a decision here and need help. Both of these are actual PPF, not vinyl wraps. Do I go with clear or one of these? Top one is pearl and metallic flake (a lot of flake) it seems to go teal in some lighting too. The bottom is more of a pearl blue/purple shift only. The bottom is a brand not used in North America and will not have an install or a yellowing warranty. I will also take a week to get.

Help! I’m doing a full wrap regardless. Price aside thoughts?

Too rice?
I was gonna say the bottom one. But the pearlescent look on @Mokuzai's white MS sure makes me second guess myself. Gorgeous and it won't look like every other blue MS. I'll prob do the same on mine (whenever the Hell it gets here)!

Hello everyone

I'm getting everything ready for my delivery next Monday and hopefully the official closing of the club. I have two questions for everyone

1. For those of us who ordered before the refresh announcement, what do i have to do and when do i expect the $2,000 discount to show up on my order? I'm putting some money down and was just thinking even if they add it last second, I'll just have to take less to delivery. On that note, can i initiate a bank transfer of funds while at delivery center?

2. Did anyone want to volunteer taking over the club? There's some wear and tear on the couches. Someone vomited in the bathroom and it still smells, but otherwise everything is in order.

Almost there!
Wait, you have an EDD and a Vin? I hate you. I’m about to throw you out of the club and good riddance! ;)

Hey all - The google sheet with order tracking does not seem to be updated/ current.

My RN is 115145***, ordered on 06/14/2021 MSLR blue/cream/wood/21”/ FSD. I see people outside of California have started to get delivery of orders with 1152 onwards but my delivery date still says Nov 11-Dec1. Anyone else in the same boat?
RN114884XXX, ordered on April 30, 2021. MSLR White with cream interior and 19in wheels. Current Estimated Delivery: November 10 - November 23

So, interesting (to me) sorta data point. My buddy ordered a Mach-e I think not long after I ordered my hypothetical S, so let’s say I ordered may, and he ordered his June. Hemwas really into it, I thought the tech was meh. Anyway, after a bunch of BS with ford, he cancelled and ultimately got a polestar 2 which he loves.
okay, now for the interesting part - even though he got his $500 deposit back from ford, he just got an email, congratulations, his vin, and, hold on, his car is scheduled to be built the week of December 20th! What’s this, a vin SEVEN weeks before build? I thought that was interesting.
okay, back to our monkey. At least Tesla filed for 2022 so hopefully we’ll start seeing some N vins soon!

Hey, gang! Haven't been around here since finally taking delivery of my car on 8/30. I've been thoroughly enjoying driving and learning about the car and it is awesome! I mostly use my wall connector to charge at home but was near a super charger yesterday and decided to try it out just for fun. Like the car, it's pretty fast.

So, anyway, finally got my winter wheel setup put on today and thought I'd share my thoughts about that whole process. After not being really happy with any of the offerings from any of the other vendors, I decided to have Signature Wheels custom make a set of wheels for the car. It seems like everyone is trying to get you to buy a square wheel setup for a car that was designed to perform at its best with staggered wheels. I went with 19" SV104's for the Indiana winters and spring pot-holes that come with them...in the same staggered sizes as Tesla offers with their 19" wheels. Unfortunately, there are no winter tires to be had that fit this wheel configuration. I think that some manufacturers do make actual winter tires that would work but, with the supply chain the way it is, I couldn't find any so I went with Continental ProContact RX tires, again the same all seasons that Tesla uses. The supply of them seems to also be dwindling but I was able to get a full set from Belle Tire...2 from Connecticut and 2 from Nebraska. I picked up TPMS sensors from the SC in Indianapolis. Finally, and at the last minute, I wanted lug nuts that would look right with the new wheels/tires and landed on black titanium lug nuts from Unplugged Performance. Got everything put on today and am a happy camper.

All of the vendors in this process have been great to work with and very accomodating. Signature Wheels is on their game with quality and Unplugged went out of their way to overnight me lug nuts after I procrastinated about that part of the configuration. I am using Belle's valet service to have my summer wheels/tires cleaned and stored in their climate controlled facility until spring when I'll reverse the process. It's $109.00 twice a year.

Hope everyone is well...I'll try to check in more often. 🤣
Same tires on my Plaid as well. Love the Contis!

Whoomp! (There It Is)​

Hopefully someone smart can decipher when it starts :) The letter is dated a month ago. Looking at the previous two model year letter dates, it could be 1 Nov.

Welcome to MID :: provided by vPIC - MID

View attachment 727992
I think NF ‘22 VIN will be effective the earliest December 1. There is a 60 day notice requirement.

Attachments

• C5B937C3-3BB6-4535-A73F-2A289F27D4A8.jpeg
    C5B937C3-3BB6-4535-A73F-2A289F27D4A8.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 64
Tesla just updated their site.
Model S Long Range is now just "Model S"

Model 3 Standard Range is now just "Model 3"

Interesting. Must be the new 2022 naming scheme.
Woah you're right! Didn't even notice that! Same thing with MX as well! I like this new naming scheme! Simple, and LR implies that there is a shorter range lower model, which there is not.

Reactions: impastu
[QUOTE="IamGaryGnu, post: 607
okay, now for the interesting part - even though he got his $500 deposit back from ford, he just got an email, congratulations, his vin, and, hold on, his car is scheduled to be built the week of December 20th! What’s this, a vin SEVEN weeks before build? I thought that was interesting.
[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing there is more of a demand for the MS than the Mach E...hence, the short span time to deliver a VIN.

Tesla just updated their site.
Model S Long Range is now just "Model S"

Model 3 Standard Range is now just "Model 3"

Interesting. Must be the new 2022 naming scheme.

Maybe, the 4680 cells are closer to production than we imagine, and can be employed across product lines in a year or so...