Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be beyond your comprehension but I don't actually have to drive it to see how impractical a yoke is compared to a round steering wheel, which has been the standard for over a century for a reason. And also the reasons listed by the post I replied to. Didn't know that NHTSA only looked for violations of law when it came to car design.
I like the yoke better than a wheel. Much easier to drive with. It's a non-issue

Well and not to mention @GregE (and no offense meant here :)), but there is no way a government agency like NHTSA could make determinations for stuff like this off of practicality. What defines practicality? What may be stupid to one official could be thrilling to the next. How would anything ever get done lol? So they make the laws and as long as someone doesn't do what they explicitly told them not to do, it passes.
Having actually had the chance to sit in the new MS multiple times, I personally love it. Suuuppperr crazy wide, and really adds to the specialness of this car. Plus the visibility of the digital screen being better is no joke. It's awesome! 😁

Here is a Plaid review for anyone interested:

1635809667623.gif

I didn't get through that mess of a video...but I will never be able to recover the time I did spend.
Lol. Well I thought he was extremely well informed and knew exactly what he was looking at. (When he went to go check up on the Plaid badge)
Plus good info on teeth brushing and shaving never hurt!😄🤷‍♂️
I would be nice if all Plaid reviews were this wholesome.

Ok to be real, I didn't actually watch it all the way through before I posted it. Woah. I clicked away around halfway in lol.

Last edited:
Hello everyone

I'm getting everything ready for my delivery next Monday and hopefully the official closing of the club. I have two questions for everyone

1. For those of us who ordered before the refresh announcement, what do i have to do and when do i expect the $2,000 discount to show up on my order? I'm putting some money down and was just thinking even if they add it last second, I'll just have to take less to delivery. On that note, can i initiate a bank transfer of funds while at delivery center?

2. Did anyone want to volunteer taking over the club? There's some wear and tear on the couches. Someone vomited in the bathroom and it still smells, but otherwise everything is in order.

Almost there!

Hey nerds,
Here’s my S after getting some work done: ceramic coat, PPF, and tint (20% rear and sunroof/35% sides/70% front). Not 1 god damn piece of dirt on her!
So, did you get any comments about the wonky steering wheel from the guys who added the PPF, etc.? Anybody else (not a committed Tesla fanatic) make any comments about how hard it was to steer the car (assuming you would let anyone try driving it)?

Hello everyone

I'm getting everything ready for my delivery next Monday and hopefully the official closing of the club. I have two questions for everyone

1. For those of us who ordered before the refresh announcement, what do i have to do and when do i expect the $2,000 discount to show up on my order? I'm putting some money down and was just thinking even if they add it last second, I'll just have to take less to delivery. On that note, can i initiate a bank transfer of funds while at delivery center?

2. Did anyone want to volunteer taking over the club? There's some wear and tear on the couches. Someone vomited in the bathroom and it still smells, but otherwise everything is in order.

Almost there!
I was told by my SA that the $2k comes off when they print up the final settlement paperwork, likely the day ahead of delivery. Suggest you bring certified check or use the Plaid ACH service for total less $2k. If the $2k becomes an unlikely issue you can write a personal check, but they've been deducting it for everyone who had a Plaid+ order so I don't know why you would need to be prepared for anything different.

Good luck with delivery. Look forward to happy photos.

Hello everyone

Almost there!

The $2k will show at the very end when you get the final bill. If it does not, just ask and they will willingly put it on your account.

So, did you get any comments about the wonky steering wheel from the guys who added the PPF, etc.? Anybody else (not a committed Tesla fanatic) make any comments about how hard it was to steer the car (assuming you would let anyone try driving it)?
Eh I don’t recall; we may have oooh’d & ahh’d at it but he’s already had 2 Plaids so it was no surprise. When I originally needed a repaint in July, however, the bodyshop owner posted a pic of my wheel captioned, “Well that’s different! What do you think?” Of course the round wheel hags weren’t fans but who cares! Now when I drive my wife’s car it feels like I’m steering a big ass sailboat