Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey man at least the Plaid had an excellent spec!
I haven’t watched it all, but even his friend Lisa was super happy for him because he waited a whole month. :D Stove doesn’t seem so bad. All the video remarks were positive. He has lots of fans. He’s very positive, like our own @2021plaid, and he’s super grateful for every upvote. 😄

I haven’t watched it all, but even his friend Lisa was super happy for him because he waited a whole month. :D Stove doesn’t seem so bad. All the video remarks were positive. He has lots of fans. He’s very positive, like our own @2021plaid, and he’s super grateful for every upvote. 😄
Agreed. Yeah if you're looking for an informative review, this ain't it. But any Plaid content is good IMO.😁

OK, so I'm happy to have my car now but I'm a little pissed I have a 2021 mid October build when I could have had a 2022 early November two weeks later lol

Personally, it does not bother me about the model year. Of course, I have had mine for 4-5 months.

The "diminished" value of a 21 does not matter to me. No new features for the 22 and any software updates will also go to the 21.

Again, Elon, just give me the features that were advertised and I already paid.

Everything is possible. However, with at least 6 month production already sold and a raised price I don’t see how the MS would get the coveted new batteries. They’re selling all they can build, with more margin and on the old batteries! Plus, there are tons of money still waiting to be made with the 600,000+ pre-orders for the CT + Semi and Roadster that all need the 4680.

Logically the MS shouldn’t be anywhere close to getting the 4680, but this is Tesla. Elon might wake up tomorrow and decide that he wants to show Lucid who is the true king of range and bam, we have a MS LR 4680 with 600miles of range popping up on the configurator next week.

🤷‍♂️
i think you summed it up perfectly. with cybertrucks waiting, etc. i can't imagine the 4680s will hit the S any time soon, maybe after the other backlogs are done, but who knows?

Model Ys. Were a few before I unwatched that thread. Still waiting for the first Model S NF VIN.
thanks - was hoping it was for the S, and was going to say that would take out some of the sting from the wait. I'm still hopeful - if/when my hypothetical beast comes, I would really love for it to be a 2022 (or at this rate, 2023, 2024...) - if it IS a 2022 that makes some issues moot, like do I wait for a 2022 (probably not). i think the 2022 should raise the resale by about 2 or 3 percent, so not huge. Also frankly, avoids the "refresh" moniker - though I imagine any S products for 2022 onwards until the next refresh would fit, so 2021.5 models would just buy 2022 accessories.
Can't wait to start seeing 2022 stuff on thingiverse, amazon, etc.

thanks - was hoping it was for the S, and was going to say that would take out some of the sting from the wait. I'm still hopeful - if/when my hypothetical beast comes, I would really love for it to be a 2022 (or at this rate, 2023, 2024...) - if it IS a 2022 that makes some issues moot, like do I wait for a 2022 (probably not). i think the 2022 should raise the resale by about 2 or 3 percent, so not huge. Also frankly, avoids the "refresh" moniker - though I imagine any S products for 2022 onwards until the next refresh would fit, so 2021.5 models would just buy 2022 accessories.
Can't wait to start seeing 2022 stuff on thingiverse, amazon, etc.

Might be a plate in your state that you can configure to say 22PLAID.