Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So since my telsasanity is rapidly fading, I built another as I often do. most MS configurations were June, but build a white with black interior and day hi to October. WTF? Meanwhile, white and cream interiors were June, and other black interiors were June.
this seems to lend credibility that these are made in some batch sequence. Not sure why white with black was so dreaded, maybe it’s temporary.

Attachments

• 0BAADF66-5405-4E90-9F41-B705C27AD3BA.png
    0BAADF66-5405-4E90-9F41-B705C27AD3BA.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Amateurs… 407 days later and my delivery begins in 13 hours. Can’t get over how painful this has been. I would like to think that in someway I have grown as a human and it will make me a better person having lived through the torment of Tesla. Glad I don’t have a Roadster order in the queue, my head probably explode

Everyone on this thread knows how atrocious Tesla‘s communication/information is. But let me contrast that with Mercedes.

We ordered an EQS in the summer for my wife. We were told it might be two years before delivery.

About a month ago we were told the car was in production.

Today we were told the car is ready for shipment. When the car is shipped it will be about 3 weeks before it will be delivered.

We will be informed when the car is shipped.

it looks like Mercedes under promised and will over deliver. We have been informed on status all along the way. Why can’t Tesla do the same?

I still love my MS. But I’m still puzzled that a company that builds a great car is so damn bad on the business side.

Looking for some advice for folks who have been down this road before... We ordered a LR in July, RN:153 MSM/Black/19s no FSD. Our current EDD is November 6-15, which shrank from November 2-15 yesterday. No VIN. We're trying to avoid unnecessary hard checks on our credit, so I don't have a loan set up for the car yet. My worry is that I'll secure a loan, get checked, then the S won't show up for some ungodly amount of time and I'll have to take another hard check on my credit. Should I wait for a VIN to set-up the loan? Or is my account sitting without lender information harming my chances of actually getting matched with a VIN? Tesla tells me I'm fine to go ahead and get a loan I'll def have a car within 30 days, buttttttt...... I also think the nice guy in the call center just wanted me off the phone, lol.

Amateurs… 407 days later and my delivery begins in 13 hours. Can’t get over how painful this has been. I would like to think that in someway I have grown as a human and it will make me a better person having lived through the torment of Tesla. Glad I don’t have a Roadster order in the queue, my head probably explode
Almost there!!!

363 days for me
Ordered 9/22/20 (Battery Day Plaid(+))
Delivery Day 9/20/21
Worth the wait. My car was virtually perfect.