Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you! I bought the matte one, I'll take pix for you all. ❤️

PS, do you have pix (pr0n) of your car? I like that red...
Only a few. And the last two pics kinda hard to tell but 20 all around and 70 on the windshield on my model S, and 30 all around and 70 on the windshield on my model 3 for those looking at tint comparisons.

Attachments

• IMG_4730.jpeg
    IMG_4730.jpeg
    670.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4904.jpeg
    IMG_4904.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4930.jpeg
    IMG_4930.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5011.jpeg
    IMG_5011.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_5028.jpeg
    IMG_5028.jpeg
    414.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    406.1 KB · Views: 71
Picked up my LR in late Sept. Ordered on 1/15/21. Replaced 2014 Red before AP1. Loved that car. I decided to do a quick review of my new S. Came with summer tires and replaced with all seasons since I live in Minnesota.My car came basically perfect with a small misalignment of the back door trim. That’s it. No misaligned panels, paint is flawless. Car drives great. I’ve read about all the complaints and problems since June.I don’t know why I’m so lucky. So hang in there as you wait for deliver.Maybe you’ll get a perfect car too! As far as the car it’s such an upgrade over my old S. Wishing everyone the best.

I have a Red / White / Carbon / 21 Model S Plaid that I am able to take delivery of next week. I ordered this car over a year ago, minutes after it was announced. I currently have an M5 Competition. Because I ordered the Model S so early, I have the $10,000 discount and I added full self driving when I ordered the car, so essentially have FSD for free. Total price of the car is $140,190, ordered today would be $10k + higher.

My thoughts are that I would select to lease it, put $1,000 to $2,500 down for 15,000 miles per year. This makes the lease payment $2100 - $2150 or so.

I could drive the Plaid for a month or two to compare and decide if I want to keep the M5 Competition or the Plaid. Do you think I would have a difficult time getting rid of the plaid by lease transfer given all of the above?

Seems to be a harder to get color combo, but the main benefit with mine specifically would be that I paid $10k less than you can today. I wouldn't want to make money on it if I decided I like the M5 more, just straight lease transfer out of it.

I am trying to think ahead of time worst case scenario of I like the M5 more, ways to get out of the lease and how difficult it would be.

I have a Red / White / Carbon / 21 Model S Plaid that I am able to take delivery of next week. I ordered this car over a year ago, minutes after it was announced. I currently have an M5 Competition. Because I ordered the Model S so early, I have the $10,000 discount and I added full self driving when I ordered the car, so essentially have FSD for free. Total price of the car is $140,190, ordered today would be $10k + higher.

My thoughts are that I would select to lease it, put $1,000 to $2,500 down for 15,000 miles per year. This makes the lease payment $2100 - $2150 or so.

I could drive the Plaid for a month or two to compare and decide if I want to keep the M5 Competition or the Plaid. Do you think I would have a difficult time getting rid of the plaid by lease transfer given all of the above?

Seems to be a harder to get color combo, but the main benefit with mine specifically would be that I paid $10k less than you can today. I wouldn't want to make money on it if I decided I like the M5 more, just straight lease transfer out of it.

I am trying to think ahead of time worst case scenario of I like the M5 more, ways to get out of the lease and how difficult it would be.
It might be easier to sell the car outright than transfer the lease. Not everyone wants to lease.

It might be easier to sell the car outright than transfer the lease. Not everyone wants to lease.

True, but my financing options if I purchase are that I have to put $25,000 down and I would rather avoid that.

Leasing a model S vs purchasing doesn't matter too much since you have the option to purchase at the end, unlike the Model 3 / Y where you cannot purchase at the end. On the other hand, business owners like myself may prefer a lease.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@2021plaid

Call this curiosity/boredom but I've been reading this forum a while now, and you are one of the most active peeps, maybe the most. Yet we know nothing of you, what's your personal Tesla if you have one, or if you have one on order. I'll go first, 2018 Model 3 AWD, and I joined this forum around the Plaid hype times to see what was up with the new car. Loving the car but am "patiently" waiting on the FSD beta hahaha, either way, keep spreading positivity!
Haha lol! Well I don't currently have an order in for a MS. Regarding personal stuff, I try to keep the personal details of my life private online. I'll say stuff that I've previously stated though: that I'm male, and am in TX as my profile states. I'm an investor in $TSLA, $LCID, and now about to be in $RIVN, and an avid fan of all three companies, with Tesla being closest to my heart. Oh, and I love being positive, and pressing that like button lol!😜😃

Haha lol! Well I don't currently have an order in for a MS. Regarding personal stuff, I try to keep the personal details of my life private online. I'll say stuff that I've previously stated though: that I'm male, and am in TX as my profile states. I'm an investor in $TSLA, $LCID, and now about to be in $RIVN, and an avid fan of all three companies, with Tesla being closest to my heart. Oh, and I love being positive, and pressing that like button lol!😜😃
EXACTLY what a bot would reply, were the bot interested in convincing you that it is human?

He's Elon Musk @Zion_M3

He's a MALE who lives IN Texas AND owns Tesla stock! Ding, ding, ding!!!

" Are you ****ing kidding me?! There's no active noise cancellation/road cancellation/pain and suffering cancellation in the latest update?

Here's my prediction: Tesla will NEVER release a functional noise cancellation system. It'll work about as good as their auto wipers forever. Trash. ****ing trash.
It will arrive when Plaid's "special wheels" arrive for 200mph top speed that was marketed to buyers of Plaids

Picked up my LR in late Sept. Ordered on 1/15/21. Replaced 2014 Red before AP1. Loved that car. I decided to do a quick review of my new S. Came with summer tires and replaced with all seasons since I live in Minnesota.My car came basically perfect with a small misalignment of the back door trim. That’s it. No misaligned panels, paint is flawless. Car drives great. I’ve read about all the complaints and problems since June.I don’t know why I’m so lucky. So hang in there as you wait for deliver.Maybe you’ll get a perfect car too! As far as the car it’s such an upgrade over my old S. Wishing everyone the best.
FOrums have biased views. Far more people post to complain vs the thousands who opt not to login and post "all was well"

Last edited:
That was my first choice but my girl saw red plaid and forced me to order one. I told her I’ll take the delivery of whichever comes first. Miraculously, I got it 2 weeks after the order so couldn’t pass. I’m going to get it wrapped next week. I cannot decide between xpel ultimate and xpel stealth. Any suggestions?

I’d go Ultimate for red.

Wife’s MYP is red. Will get Ultimate.
My Plaid is MSM. Will get Stealth.

I’m a SunTek long time customer (almost 20 years). I would have gone Reaction for wife but my installer of choice is an Xpel shop. So Ultimate it is for hers. And mine, well Xpel Stealth beats SunTek Matte for MSM.

Only a few. And the last two pics kinda hard to tell but 20 all around and 70 on the windshield on my model S, and 30 all around and 70 on the windshield on my model 3 for those looking at tint comparisons.
Autoskinz? I was just there dropping off these to get ceramic coated. He mentioned he usually gets white Plaids but had one red one in there.

Once I can find some tires and get them mounted I'll post pics with the car.

9843D0A7-203A-4219-A123-88B53B14D55B.jpegEEF09DDE-F21C-4666-A707-2E9C87DB7C04.jpeg